What ya all do for fun.. Post it up

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
View attachment 2937

View attachment 2937
Wade fishing Speckled trout snob here
[/QUOTE Howdy fellow Texan here. I spent the majority of my child hood wade fishing in Matagorda Bay. I still remember how good the oysters were. The place we got them from sold gallon's of shucked oysters.The shucking house's claim to fame was they sold oysters to the Queen of England every year. That is a nice spec. You want believe this but the area i am in that speckled trout is way more coveted than the Chanel bass. Just the opposite of Texas.

Paddletail

We call those gator trout. Good eating but sometimes those big ones have worms
Hell, they don't have to be big to have worms. They get full of spaghetti worms. The worms life cycle goes from croaker to trout and then hopes to end up in a shark. I catch and release 98% of the time... those 2% are for things that take plugs too deep and a nice flounder occasionally.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
It's a Ling... at least in Texas we always go round and round with the Florida guys for laughs. Them and those damn egg beaters on their rods. Oh... and the I have to throw a cast net and use bait
I refer to them as purest.
Nothin real large here...12-16" tops. 20 ft out my front door. We just feed em and enjoy watchin' 'em.
The last house i built next to and old drainage pond that had a few bluegills in there. The upstairs deck was about 20' off the ground and about 15-20' from the pond. Well a year later there had to be 50 in there from me feeding them i guess. I would take a piece of bread and throw it like a frezbee those fish could see me throw that from that far away and would follow it all the way to the water. I used to tell folks staying there not to swim in the pond that i had piranha in i would show them the bread demo. Most could figure what they were but i think a few might have believed me.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
Piranha? Thats priceless, I can just imagine the look on some of their faces., I used to keep a Canebrake rattler in a aquarium at the office and folks would come in and either back up as far as they could or walk up and ask something like do you pet him, idiots. Yeah right. I'll never forget some friend coming in all fucked up and was running his mouth that he would just reach in and brake the snakes neck. I popped off the cover and he ran out squealing like a girl and never came back. LOL

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Piranha? Thats priceless, I can just imagine the look on some of their faces., I used to keep a Canebrake rattler in a aquarium at the office and folks would come in and either back up as far as they could or walk up and ask something like do you pet him, idiots. Yeah right. I'll never forget some friend coming in all fucked up and was running his mouth that he would just reach in and brake the snakes neck. I popped off the cover and he ran out squealing like a girl and never came back. LOL
Shit i would have put tracks on his back getting out of there LOL