What u got in your 4x4?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Hey just bought new lights for my 4x4 and was curious what everyone else is using in their tents? Right now I am using a 400 hps (dimmed) and a Mars sp250 . Waiting for yeild results to determine if this is enough watts to grow a good amount. So roughly 630 total from wall .

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Hey just bought new lights for my 4x4 and was curious what everyone else is using in their tents? Right now I am using a 400 hps (dimmed) and a Mars sp250 . Waiting for yeild results to determine if this is enough watts to grow a good amount. So roughly 630 total from wall .
I just bought a Mars SP 250 like 2 days ago and am waiting for the delivery. I’m an outdoor grower and a total newbie to indoor so I figured it was a great entry level type light to learn the craft with. I can see a heap of mistakes coming up but I gotta start somewhere . Reviews for the SP 250 look solid for what it is

Opie1

Master Grower
I just bought a Mars SP 250 like 2 days ago and am waiting for the delivery. I’m an outdoor grower and a total newbie to indoor so I figured it was a great entry level type light to learn the craft with. I can see a heap of mistakes coming up but I gotta start somewhere . Reviews for the SP 250 look solid for what it is
You should have plenty of light, and then some. I’ve got 2 of the HLG 260w QB’s in a 4x4 and it rocks it. Some people call them 240’s, some people call them 260’s, but I’m pretty sure they push 275.
I also just got a fixture from Mars, the TSL2000. I’m gonna be starting a new thread for it just as soon as my fan gets here tomorrow, I’m gonna use it in a 2x4. It’s supposed to be 300w, so it should work out pretty good, they’ve wisened up and started making white lights, lol.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
You should have plenty of light, and then some. I’ve got 2 of the HLG 260w QB’s in a 4x4 and it rocks it. Some people call them 240’s, some people call them 260’s, but I’m pretty sure they push 275.
I also just got a fixture from Mars, the TSL2000. I’m gonna be starting a new thread for it just as soon as my fan gets here tomorrow, I’m gonna use it in a 2x4. It’s supposed to be 300w, so it should work out pretty good, they’ve wisened up and started making white lights, lol.
Lol I just got mine a few days ago IMG_20200507_171151_01.jpg

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
U are gonna love it. Best bang for your buck by far

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
We have 4 - 4X4's use 600 watts of cobs in veg tent / 2 tents use 9 cob 650 watt timber lights / last tent I just replaced 800 wats of DIY cob lighting with 2 - 300 watt DIY rspec quantums to reduce temps which it lowered it by 8 degrees which is huge in summer for us.

Buddha61

Really Active Member
Not a 4x4, but I flower in a 3x3 with QB132s. I just replaced the power supply to push ~270w (was getting ~240w), though able to push the boards to their full 75w rating.

I am considering transitioning to flowering in an open room, which would give me ~4x6 of growing space if I don't change rooms. I think I would still stick with the QB132s, because they are flexible in their layout, and a 4x4 structure with 8 boards (600w) can be built for ~ $471 ($400 if they boards go back to amazon @ $100 again vs $135 from HLG)