What rosin press to buy?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was more thinking along the lines of using it in oil to take orally. Not much of a hit as it would be medicinal CBD. The only thing I had to buy was the heater cartridges and that was under $10 from China. Maybe springs also, depends on what I have laying around.
For edible stuff the decarb is important. Cheaper to get a Nova then use everclear to wash the decarbed stuff. You can do shots of it or reduce it as far as you like ;)

printer

Super Active Member
For edible stuff the decarb is important. Cheaper to get a Nova then use everclear to wash the decarbed stuff. You can do shots of it or reduce it as far as you like ;)
Nova?

Did some Googling and got it. A little oven. Up here you can't get Everclear, bring it over the border and it costs as much as a good bottle of liquor. Was thinking of putting it in the coconut oil they use. An alcohol wash would probably best, Need a good centrifuge, maybe I can find an Iranian around here. I hat leaving any alcohol and resin behind. Or a good press. Shit, back to the rosin press (but forgot to put the heat on). See, I go around in circles all day. No wonder I don't get anything done. (Got the tuners in the guitar, need to screw them down though. Went up for a little screwdriver, never did make it down again.)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nova?

Did some Googling and got it. A little oven. Up here you can't get Everclear, bring it over the border and it costs as much as a good bottle of liquor. Was thinking of putting it in the coconut oil they use. An alcohol wash would probably best, Need a good centrifuge, maybe I can find an Iranian around here. I hat leaving any alcohol and resin behind. Or a good press. Shit, back to the rosin press (but forgot to put the heat on). See, I go around in circles all day. No wonder I don't get anything done. (Got the tuners in the guitar, need to screw them down though. Went up for a little screwdriver, never did make it down again.)
If you have access to Baccardi 151 that might work but everything will taste like rum ;) 91% Isopropyl should be fine for smoking stuff but I would not do edibles with it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But on the Nova, it is the best investment I have made for weed. I have the smaller one and waited on a sale, but next sale I got a spare.
You can eat a nug like popcorn and get toasted. Grind it on food like a spice and instantly, whatever you eat can be an edible - no prep or mixing or oil reductions required.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Nova?

Centrifuge lol!

Me and the “crew” plan on acquiring a rotary evaporator.

Price seems steep but will pay for itself after 20 or so grams if you think about it.

printer

Super Active Member
Centrifuge lol!

Me and the “crew” plan on acquiring a rotary evaporator.

Price seems steep but will pay for itself after 20 or so grams if you think about it.
I didn't know about the rotary part but was thinking about doing a vacuum distillation rig. (so many projects, so little time) That is cool. I have a small vacuum pimp which I buggered up and it is seized at the moment. Need to take it apart and see if it is salvageable.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
What is that unit? I need a portable rig for dabs, will that work?
Any box mod/battery with a 510 connection that can go down to like 5-10 watts will work.

This is the rebuildable atomizer.

https://www.3fvape.com/mtl-atomizer/11853-origen-little-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-silver-316-stainless-steel-16mm-diameter.html#.YTj9kX0pCUk

I can load up a pretty decent sized glob that would be enough for me for a night out, so yeah it's reasonably portable.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Any box mod/battery with a 510 connection that can go down to like 5-10 watts will work.

This is the rebuildable atomizer.

https://www.3fvape.com/mtl-atomizer/11853-origen-little-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-silver-316-stainless-steel-16mm-diameter.html#.YTj9kX0pCUk

I can load up a pretty decent sized glob that would be enough for me for a night out, so yeah it's reasonably portable.
I can load up a pretty decent sized glob that would be enough for me for a night out, so yeah it's reasonably portable
I need that, lol.
A lot of this is new to me and I' think I got the gist......(maybe) but when I go to shop it's clear I don't know what I'm after. What do I need to make that atomizer that you linked to work? A reasonably portable vape for roz would be just fine!

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I can load up a pretty decent sized glob that would be enough for me for a night out, so yeah it's reasonably portable
I need that, lol.
A lot of this is new to me and I' think I got the gist......(maybe) but when I go to shop it's clear I don't know what I'm after. What do I need to make that atomizer that you linked to work? A reasonably portable vape for roz would be just fine!
Here’s the link to the specific atomizer that I’m using:

You would need to either make your own coils (using kanthal wire) or buy some pre-made coils like these:

You’ll need a mod box (battery) with adjustable wattage that can fire very low (5-10watts). There are a million choices of mod boxes. I’m using this:

Here’s a shot of the atomizer loaded up with some tasty rosin

B720BC18-7375-448C-934D-A0E6BE12D1D2.jpeg

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I don’t have any rosin bags on hand, and you can bet I was getting anxious to try it out, so bagless it is!

I used one of these pre-presses to make a puck
DE3B5AD2-3630-4A94-9254-CFFB83B0DEA7.jpeg
And then pressed…
56F1F398-5711-4BDB-BD02-4C5443278FEC.jpeg
thats all the plant material residue it left, staying completely under the puck. So the resulting rosin was absolutely clean
3664BBED-D17D-4844-A044-04740FA5BE3F.jpeg
not bad for a bagless test drive of some older flowers

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
I keep telling my stepfather that he needs one of these. This dude has the highest tolerance I've ever seen. I smoke delta 8 everyday right now cause I'm a cheap skate but it gives me what I need to get by. We were both smoking like 3-4 carts a week and it was getting pricey. Even with my MMIC but I let it lapse so now he's trying to make bubble hash from our rd 3&4 grows. I think once we get a steady supply of dank he will turn to pressing for rosin. This is the kinda guy that swears he still needs a nose hit from a bong lol

Loco Grown

I just bought the 6-ton press, used a 15% off coupon, free shipping & sales tax included, plus they threw in some free bags, so all done at $365. I bought it on their site like a day and a half ago, and tracking says it's out for delivery today. Their customer service has been very good as well. I'm looking forward to squishing some nugs! I got a nice bag of popcorn ready to get my technique worked out with.

Loco Grown

Ah yeah, the press arrived late this afternoon, less than 48-hours since the order was placed. I don't have any bags yet, but I do have a pollen press, so decided to make a puck to press and try it out. It took about 20 minutes get the press set up, and then I took 5g of some untrimmed popcorn nugs and made a puck. I decided to start low temp at 190F, and pressed for 90-seconds. I'm a noob nug squisher, so wasn't really sure on the proper pressure, and also didn't center the puck properly, so some bud leaked out the side of the plates. I only got .25g from that first squish, but took the same puck and folded it in half, turned up the temp to 200F and squished it again. Got another .25g from the second squish, so a 10% return overall. Not bad, and the rosin tastes amazing. I know that as I improve my technique it will only get better. Definitely happy with the 6-ton dabpress.

StickyBallz

Madman loose in Wonderland
I got a good Dab Press with hydraulic hand pump I love. 10k+ range.
However here's the thing, from my experience, I enjoy most the stuff I press out of fresh dried/drying buds.
well hydrated though, buds at 68+RH for at least 24hrs--using small cube tube with cup of water and hydrometer.
I start at very low temps, with very low pressure. I let them sit after repressing them, actually the whole thing is very time consuming, but not- hurry up and wait- again.

Anyways my current favored process;
30 minutes warm up starting full engagement.
starting temp 107-109;
slowly bumping up as my temps read me they are ready; ending 131-137
meanwhile slowly raising to about 1800-2100.
I can take more, it's just, I can only smoke so much and am only wanting so much and wanting only top cream, the rest goes into tincture soak, as to not waste the valuable medicines. However each strain can be really different...

So for me, the product is kinda overkill but it's nice cause it lets me know where I'm at, vs bottle jack is all by feel I imagine. However, really even with the hydraulic, it is largely by feel. Maybe just easier to see gauge and be more accurate about redoing same process.
PXL_20211213_014755330.jpg
Also as much as the "drip tech" is pushed, kinda situational.. I find I like having it on its vert, for numerous reasons, however when I press live or fresh buds, I can imagine wanting it on its side as so much come out and I am working on how to build a slide for letting the waters go while catching the oils.. it's bloody messy, see if I can't find a picture of squeezing the Samoa cookies live- it looked like a blood show!
Funny cause I'm still drooling over that 20 ton press! Lol my brain makes no sense.
Maybe I just smoke too damn much of this shit.. lol, actually just made some coconut lecithin pills up, think they're about 50mg if my math is accurate. definitely getting me high.. although, that could be the micro Dose of APE ver1..

Attachments