What rosin press to buy?

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
....To be able to have a mini press that just does a bud and doesn't cost an arm and a leg would be cool.
Agreed, it would be cool to dip into a "ball-er" jar but I would rather have a variety of a little bit than a ton of a few. I think when the time comes I'll probably go with the nugsmasher mini since it's only me.

I have to get my yields up before I can even think about playing with concentrates. It'll be a while.

StonedAgeGrower

I've got a Dabpress 6-ton w 3x5 plates. Even saw it $40 off the other day on Amazon, so it's under 400. I've had it over a yr now w no issues yet🤞

It just uses a bottle jack, so you are on your own trying to figure out how much pressure you are applying. After a few presses you get the feel for it though.

I usually run 14g of flower at a time, and it certainly does the trick. I've definitely been looking into getting one from LowTempPlates, but the Dabpress is excellent for someone just getting into pressing flower or bubble👍

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I had a dulytech that you hand press...it was hard on my shoulder.

4 ton Dabpress for my personal use has been really good. And it is light enough i can move it where i want to press with it.

If you have a lot of material the bigger plates are better (7 x 7 inch on the 10 and 12 ton models). The bigger ones usually allow for more finesse (pressure gauges)...a 4 ton you can just press it.

3 x 5 plates. Works like a champ

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I had a dulytech that you hand press...it was hard on my shoulder.

4 ton Dabpress for my personal use has been really good. And it is light enough i can move it where i want to press with it.

If you have a lot of material the bigger plates are better (7 x 7 inch on the 10 and 12 ton models). The bigger ones usually allow for more finesse (pressure gauges)...a 4 ton you can just press it.

3 x 5 plates. Works like a champ
I concur! Just bought the 4 ton with the 15% off coupon, for $313 to the door, and am thrilled with it..........wish I did it sooner.

Blu-Tri

I recently got a NugSmasher og. Like @MtRainDog said, You definitely want to get the one with the pressure gauge if you can.
If you squeeze too hard, the rosin will come out darker. I squished some bubble hash that was really nice.
66401D81-C9E1-4E78-8D62-210267C2A5CC.jpegAABC06EC-EA1B-41C5-975F-AF7CE5218882.jpeg
D5B6E1BC-2504-4EC5-87E7-E588C6E57BF3.jpeg
This one is from a gram of ihg headlocc A546460F-E7E2-44BD-85D5-E7F35DFC1F39.jpeg
I just put it in a cart
E88A7EDB-72EF-44B5-9150-FD57F97268D3.jpeg
It’s actually a gold color in better light. No I didn’t decarb it.
4C0BDB1A-9D83-4248-A369-E954A4607EA3.jpeg

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I recently got a NugSmasher og. Like @MtRainDog said, You definitely want to get the one with the pressure gauge if you can.
If you squeeze too hard, the rosin will come out darker. I squished some bubble hash that was really nice.
View attachment 98413View attachment 98417
View attachment 98415
This one is from a gram of ihg headlocc View attachment 98414
I just put it in a cart
View attachment 98416
It’s actually a gold color in better light. No I didn’t decarb it.
View attachment 98418
That's some nice lookin squishes!

Are you putting the rosin directly into the cart? And, do you have to start with something like bubble hash for that to work in a cart? Or will rosin from plant material work as well?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You guys almost got me. I have a bad habit of planing on doing something and getting distracted and doing something else. I was going to put some tuners on a guitar but saw this topic and thought, "I am going to build my press today." And then I laughed. I have the attention span of a squirrel.
Do you dab? If not, try using a dab rig to hit some full melt dry-sift or bubblehash. I have a dab rig, I tried that and it works really well at low temp and it's a great buzz and good flavor but it just isn't my thing.

I was thinking about saving up for a press, or the pieces for building one, but that's several packs of beans I could get :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

printer

Super Active Member
Do you dab? If not, try using a dab rig to hit some full melt dry-sift or bubblehash. I have a dab rig, I tried that and it works really well at low temp and it's a great buzz and good flavor but it just isn't my thing.

I was thinking about saving up for a press, or the pieces for building one, but that's several packs of beans I could get :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️
I was more thinking along the lines of using it in oil to take orally. Not much of a hit as it would be medicinal CBD. The only thing I had to buy was the heater cartridges and that was under $10 from China. Maybe springs also, depends on what I have laying around.