What cross to make to improve the genetics of this plant

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Been working on this plant now for a few years and what im after is a commerical strain that packs a punch, looks good, easy to grow, easy to trim, yields exceptional etc

With this plant its always throwing a loop on me. Right now it grows very well outside but inside it doesnt do worth a shit. Outside it finishes in 70 days and inside i just chopped this one at 110 days and no where close to being done. It is the biggest yielding plant ive ever grown but also is suspect to bud rot especially growing inside in rdwc.

What id like to do with it is breed it with something that makes denser bud but is resistent to bud rot. Maybe even shorten the flower time down. These are old school genetics of skunk and afgani.

It stretches and it fills every space with bud top to bottom. If you top 20x it will have 40 baseball bat colas top to bottom. It will start choking the light out killing the bottom of the colas leaves as u can see. This was grown in a 2x4 tent and only used half the tent. Threw away over half the bud but still ended up with 5 gal bucket full of processed weed.
I put some 3 clones out in early August that were 8" tall and immediately went to flower. Got 1.5 lb out of those 3 plants. Which didnt get real tall because of no veg time.

Its hard to jusitfy keeping the project plant around for 10 months out of the year and not doing anything with it.
But these are pics of the colas she produces growing inside. They are bigger and denser and look much better grown outside. But id like it to be grown inside as well.

20191128_104519.jpg20191128_105146.jpg20191128_105222.jpg

It stretches and it fills every space with bud top to bottom. If you top 20x it will have 40 baseball bat colas top to bottom.

Its hard to jusitfy keeping the project plant around for 10 months out of the year and not doing anything with it.
But these are pics of the colas she produces.

Last edited:

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Cross strain #1 onto strain #2 or vice versa.

Self strain #1. Do it a couple of times and backcross kids onto parents, that perk your interest, no need for a male.

Crossing for a male. I would go the hard way and cross both strains and go pop 100+ seeds that can be cloned separately. Pull any leaners, looking for true hybrid looking phenos, backcross a male onto your female, or seperate two or three or ten males into seperate lines, then rate their offspring. Tons of work but if you really want it, especially multiple traits that are homogenous. You could self potency, only in a few gens.....but mutiple traits is an art....

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Sounds like you are looking for a high yielding plant with a short flower time that is easy to grow to fold into what work you have already done. You will want to stick with something close to the afghani landrace so you can keep your flavor profile and plant vigor. Big Bud would be my first choice for its sort flower time and high yield. Northern Lights would also be a good choice or even one of the Super Skunk strains. Personally, I would look for a male from one of those three and do your cross with a female of your project strain. Clone the male and hit the second generation with it again if need be. Once you find a keeper that "checks all the boxes" reverse it using clones and colloidal silver. Good luck with your strain

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Their has been a lot of direct crosses or indirect crosses down from the skunk line. Chemdawg, cheese, critical mass, ak47, wonder woman etc i used to run a lot of skunk years ago and may hit it again with something of skunk lineage. I have several of gps gear with the chemdawg lineage. Thinking about using something like eagle scout to hit it with.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Their has been a lot of direct crosses or indirect crosses down from the skunk line. Chemdawg, cheese, critical mass, ak47, wonder woman etc i used to run a lot of skunk years ago and may hit it again with something of skunk lineage. I have several of gps gear with the chemdawg lineage. Thinking about using something like eagle scout to hit it with.
I am currently looking for an Eagle Scout Male (you can check them out in my breeding thread) All 5 plants are doing good and just moved to one-gallon pots. A good choice for sure!