What’s it like living where weed is legal!!

Meatman

Meat Master
I live in a state where grass is illegal still and I grow obviously so I’ve never felt the need to go to a legal state when I have the good shit already lol jk...but what’s it like not having to live in fear of getting popped every damn day and just being able to be baked and chill and not worry?

I live in a state where grass is illegal still and I grow obviously so I’ve never felt the need to go to a legal state when I have the good shit already lol jk...but what’s it like not having to live in fear of getting popped every damn day and just being able to be baked and chill and not worry?
I went and got my card then just fill those jars from the dispense with my own shit.

Meatman

Meat Master
Right!!! Idk I’m just sitting in my garage before bed time and I was like I’m just sitting here smoking I don’t understand why this is illegal what harm am I doing.....well from there I ended up with I wonder what it’s like to live somewhere legal....I hate when the wife goes to bed early I start thinking hahaha

Right!!! Idk I’m just sitting in my garage before bed time and I was like I’m just sitting here smoking I don’t understand why this is illegal what harm am I doing.....well from there I ended up with I wonder what it’s like to live somewhere legal....I hate when the wife goes to bed early I start thinking hahaha
I dont think it would change anything I do if it became legal. No difference to me.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Expensive. Mids.
It was interesting at first with some of the old heads putting out interesting strains. Now its combo of three of four strains, because they dropped money rules and outside players consolidated. All the good growers went back underground.
No hazes. :)
Seeds in just about everything.

Lots of extremely expensive non smokables.
Like why am I paying for 15 dollars for a can of soda.
I am also a bit cynical as I was in the med program of my state and just watched it get squished from legalization. I voluntarily gave up my license because it got so bad.

Its legalization I guess, while making a new criminal class in 18-21 year old bracket, where it didnt exist previously and was decriminalized.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Expensive. Mids.
It was interesting at first with some of the old heads putting out interesting strains. Now its combo of three of four strains, because they dropped money rules and outside players consolidated. All the good growers went back underground.
No hazes. :)
Seeds in just about everything.

Lots of extremely expensive non smokables.
Like why am I paying for 15 dollars for a can of soda.
I am also a bit cynical as I was in the med program of my state and just watched it get squished from legalization. I voluntarily gave up my license because it got so bad.

Its legalization I guess, while making a new criminal class in 18-21 year old bracket, where it didnt exist previously and was decriminalized.
All the poeple screaming for "legalization" and government control are realizing that decriminalization would be better. Nothing changes - but it's no longer a crime. There would still be fights for opening businesses in some areas, but it would empty the prisons of non-violent smokers.

I think my signature block quote is perfect for this.

Meatman

Meat Master
My sister went to Colorado a couple months ago so I gave her $200 to bring me back an assortment of stuff she brought me 3 grams of some shitty weed it was supposedly grape ape she said they charged her $40 a gram for it and than she brought me some edibles and they said high thc and all this shit they where 10 mg I had to eat the whole 100 mg in the whole pack to feel it so I said to her wtf you find me the shittiest stuff you could and she said your lucky the first place we stopped they where selling schwag for $75 a gram wasn’t what I was expecting at all

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
My sister went to Colorado a couple months ago so I gave her $200 to bring me back an assortment of stuff she brought me 3 grams of some shitty weed it was supposedly grape ape she said they charged her $40 a gram for it and than she brought me some edibles and they said high thc and all this shit they where 10 mg I had to eat the whole 100 mg in the whole pack to feel it so I said to her wtf you find me the shittiest stuff you could and she said your lucky the first place we stopped they where selling schwag for $75 a gram wasn’t what I was expecting at all
Lol u got beat bro 😂. What a sis

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
The dispos here don’t do discounts so $30/eighth and then LOL $240/O and it’s horrible and dry almost guaranteed! It has made life way more chill but people walking into a dispo are either rich or lazy. Your neighbour has better stuff for half the price
Agreed 100 . They fucking hate me there lol. I will pick five strains I wanna try ,look at em all and smell em. And then buy edibles 😂. Shit is garbage for 300 a zip and rising. After saying that I am still more than happy in a legal state. No worries and can put plants outside 😁

Meatman

Meat Master
I’ve noticed the prices here in a non legal state have dropped a shit ton from 5 years ago they used to be 300 a zip if it was really good you could get 350 now it’s 200 a zip if you even try and tell someone 220 they don’t want it it’s crazy...I’m glad I don’t grow to sell like I used to it wouldn’t even be worth it

BerryNice

Super Active Member
I would just like to go to a grow store instead of buying everything online..and just to be able to go into a shop and buy whatever you want would be pretty sweet
Nah unless you own the store or your friend does fuck the local hydro stores 200% markup

Atleast in ny

And it’s 2020 start to talk to the reps ans Meet people

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It’s nice to not have to worry about having it on you, or about growing it at home, but the dispensaries are a joke. Every now and then I will go to one with a buddy of mine and I will make a small purchase just because I feel weird going into one and not purchasing anything. I went to one last week and picked up some 1:1 edibles to try, because I’ve never tried anything with 1:1 THC/CBD. I picked up a package of 10 gummies (each gummy has 5.1mg THC & 4.8mg CBD) and a package of 5 honey sticks (each stick has 4.1mg THC & 2.9mg CBD) and it cost me close to $60 with taxes which is just rediculous.

D

Deleted member 60

I owned a hydro store in the early 2000's. I wish the markup was 200%...LOL...then I would have made some $$$ for my 7 day a week/12 hour a day commitment. Didn't lose my ass but worked 4 years for nothing. I did have a tits grow room with about 12K watts total though. Was a great learning experience. I learned to NEVER open a retail store again. If you guys think the hydro guy is a dick you should see his customers. LOFL. Fuckers thought I was there to TELL THEM HOW to grow weed. Nope. Sorry.

Legalization kills the black market.....but you can grow without too much worry....inside or out...other than the RIPPER factor. Getting rid of what you grew is a different story. You have to LOVE TO GROW....and a lot of guys walked away when the $$$ walked away. Like Tree...I only go to the dispensary when someone is in from out of town. I just go with...I don't need (buy) product. I grow product. LOL. $10-12 grams of weed here all day. Some stuff is cheaper/on special/etc. My buddy got a 1/2 z of GG4 for $140 that was pretty nice. Prolly tumbled...but OK. Edibles don;t get me high but I've seen my buddy buy em. Yes..they are limited to 10mg unless you are on the med side of the dispensary.....then they get wicked strong. They had to limit cus the idiots from out of state were coming here before they limited the dose and jumping out of windows. Same with BHO. They made it illegal to make cus folks were coming here, renting motel rooms, and proceeding to blow em up. There have been so many changes to the laws here it is crazy. They sure don;t just up and change the GUN laws like that. >>Druggies<<

I'm glad I made my $$$ in the 90's/2000's/pre-legalization. I suggest you do the same if your state is not legal yet. Once legal hits...everybody and his brother finds their balls and floods the market....for a bit....until they realize that being illegal was WHY the $$$ were in it for the little guy. Now it's like Wal Mart.... you're out...they are in...and they are basically charging street prices,...plus 20% tax to those stupid enough to play along and not grow their own.

I DO love that folks on my street have plants on their front porch (illegally..LOL)...but as far as makin any $$$..... LOL...forget it unless you wanna grow and sell $700-1000 units that are destined for out of state.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
I owned a hydro store in the early 2000's. I wish the markup was 200%...LOL...then I would have made some $$$ for my 7 day a week/12 hour a day commitment. Didn't lose my ass but worked 4 years for nothing. I did have a tits grow room with about 12K watts total though. Was a great learning experience. I learned to NEVER open a retail store again. If you guys think the hydro guy is a dick you should see his customers. LOFL. Fuckers thought I was there to TELL THEM HOW to grow weed. Nope. Sorry.

Legalization kills the black market.....but you can grow without too much worry....inside or out...other than the RIPPER factor. Getting rid of what you grew is a different story. You have to LOVE TO GROW....and a lot of guys walked away when the $$$ walked away. Like Tree...I only go to the dispensary when someone is in from out of town. I just go with...I don't need (buy) product. I grow product. LOL. $10-12 grams of weed here all day. Some stuff is cheaper/on special/etc. My buddy got a 1/2 z of GG4 for $140 that was pretty nice. Prolly tumbled...but OK. Edibles don;t get me high but I've seen my buddy buy em. Yes..they are limited to 10mg unless you are on the med side of the dispensary.....then they get wicked strong. They had to limit cus the idiots from out of state were coming here before they limited the dose and jumping out of windows. Same with BHO. They made it illegal to make cus folks were coming here, renting motel rooms, and proceeding to blow em up. There have been so many changes to the laws here it is crazy. They sure don;t just up and change the GUN laws like that. >>Druggies<<

I'm glad I made my $$$ in the 90's/2000's/pre-legalization. I suggest you do the same if your state is not legal yet. Once legal hits...everybody and his brother finds their balls and floods the market....for a bit....until they realize that being illegal was WHY the $$$ were in it for the little guy. Now it's like Wal Mart.... you're out...they are in...and they are basically charging street prices,...plus 20% tax to those stupid enough to play along and not grow their own.

I DO love that folks on my street have plants on their front porch (illegally..LOL)...but as far as makin any $$$..... LOL...forget it unless you wanna grow and sell $700-1000 units that are destined for out of state.

See NYC a whole different game

Pack of cigs is 20$ gallon of milk can be 8$

Towel heads at the quickie mark make 30$ a hour

Killer weed can sell for 8-10k per pound

Demand so high here I could move everyone on the forums extra flowers

Got a friend I’ve known from little league looking for 100k in flowers prob every month

I would need uncle don to open the border for me and a caravan or workers for that volume

It’s legal in ny for medical pnmh and hope it stays that way

If it don’t well I guess I will finally do something with the 10 acres I got

I want to build a temp controlled glass grow room and use the sun ☀

D

Deleted member 60

Good for you. We got the "Here Comes Chuckie" thing starting in 2000 when everyone decided to move here and become med patients and blow it all up. From there it's just gone downhill as far as a market. Rec in 2014 sealed the deal. Nobody lookin'...except to unload. Sales are all illegal so the Risk to profit ratios just don't jive anymore. Sure was fun while it lasted though.

You'll likely be like me...by the time i got some land and a greenhouse...it all worked out that I'm just growing more weed than I know what to do with.