WATERING SCIENCE

Jewels

Bon~Fire
17:45
Step by step explanation !
"This is Photoshopped. It is not strange ,hanging in space like this. "

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I would just add that the 3pm thing he stresses is relative to lights on. (I run lights at night so it's backwards :) )

I saw a few cool time-lapse of just a plant growing over a few days. The leaves reaching up and then drooping was a daily thing regardless of when they got fed last. The reaching got less and the drooping got more as it needed water, but depending on when you check it you could misread it.

So I use the droop-factor, but in relation to the last time I watered. Many strains droop after being watered. I have also noticed that the "praying" plants are usually a sign that they are almost ready for water. Some strains show this more than others. Might be like that "dull" look he mentions.

For soil, with these plants, I always go by pot weight.

Anyway, great video!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
this all day for soil, coco etc any thing but a hydro set up basically
It's a great generic video. The science doesn't change.

Notice it's the "art of watering" part where we have weed-specific things. I don't touch the leaves a lot, especially if they are frosty - so I never really use that as an indicator for watering. I guess you could?

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
It's a great generic video. The science doesn't change.

Notice it's the "art of watering" part where we have weed-specific things. I don't touch the leaves a lot, especially if they are frosty - so I never really use that as an indicator for watering. I guess you could?
ive worked in a greenhouse (normal veggy summer flower greenhouse) a large one at that and all our plants were grown in soil and everyday the way we trained people to water was by weight walk through the aisle lift if light put a blue tag on it so the hose guy knew what needed it and what didnt. doubt id ever check a leaf to see if a plant needed water lol

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Looks like a dry plant will need a head of steam before it can get down to business.
It makes sense, the naturally aspirated engines always carry their torque at the higher RPMs