VPN if you don't know, now you do

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
all depends on your threat model. The question you want to ask yourself is What are you trying to defend against?>

i would say that there are some pretty secure technologys out there right now tho. and they have been tested to the fullest. tor, moxi marlinspikes signal, tails team, folks over at whonix and qubes. all these techs when implemented and used correctly can really help you stay safe while online. The problem again tho is not everyone is a techy. i no the last time i checked the tails team was working on making tails more user friendly.

quebs and whonix are not user friendly. even took me awile to get used to qubes and their bloody containers.

Edit: Signal -very user friendly. just download and start texting
Whonix looks to be just the thing for setting up a TOR proxy...

Vee

Ancient Member
Update: Proton VPN is free and you may throw cash for the extras if you wish
I won't pay for a vpn as the cash /card leaves a trail..from experience
besides being lost in the massive/ huge amount of vpn freebies out their is a comfort
you can fiddle with your own DNS stuff if you are on a win o/s

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Update: Proton VPN is free and you may throw cash for the extras if you wish
I won't pay for a vpn as the cash /card leaves a trail..from experience
besides being lost in the massive/ huge amount of vpn freebies out their is a comfort
you can fiddle with your own DNS stuff if you are on a win o/s

old post i know just glad for the information,thanks@ vostok

Reactions: Vee

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
i think everyone should be running a vpn. But plz just keep in mind....

Vpn services can be a 1 hop proxy. that proxy could be logging your information even when they "promise" you that they dont log anything. There are a couple vpns out there that we'll say have been "battle tested." try to stick to these tried and true providers and not just any vpn service for the cheapest price.
man in the middle attack is one of the most common ways people get compromised

Reactions: Vee