Uv light

Sativa Kid

It didnt attract idiots, you just didnt like the response you got. You even said your a noobie and when growers tell you that maybe this isnt the best idea you get all ruffled up? Then you necro some old thread from last year to continue to insult the growers trying to help you out? How old are you again? Starting to think your actually a kid. You're acting like one.
And what did you add. I didn't say I was a newbie just don't claim to be an expert on growing weed
It didnt attract idiots, you just didnt like the response you got. You even said your a noobie and when growers tell you that maybe this isnt the best idea you get all ruffled up? Then you necro some old thread from last year to continue to insult the growers trying to help you out? How old are you again? Starting to think your actually a kid. You're acting like one.
What did you add to the discussion? Have you ever used ozone? Would you recognize the small of ozone? Does ozone occur naturally in nature?

m4s73r

The Laziest
And what did you add. I didn't say I was a newbie just don't claim to be an expert on growing weed

What did you add to the discussion? Have you ever used ozone? Would you recognize the small of ozone? Does ozone occur naturally in nature?
What needed to be added? Your acting like this was the basis for some big discussion. Its not. Its stupidity at its finest. You offered up a very dangerous way to deal with a issue that should have been prevented to begin with. Like who the fuck grows in a humid environment and not make sure that they were able to carefully control the humidity..... OOF sir. Just oof.
And yes I have used ozone. To Clean smells out of cars. We sure as fuck wouldn't be using that to deal with PM in a household grow. Nor would we get on the internet and suggest it to growers.

You keep going on about "what did i add". A warning. Thats what I added.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

Why are you getting so defensive? One would think an "expert" in that field would welcome the concerns of those who rightfully bring up how hazardous this is to do, without proper safeguards in place, like an ozone detector that would warn you if it wasn't properly evacuated from the growing area.

Sativa Kid

Why are you getting so defensive? One would think an "expert" in that field would welcome the concerns of those who rightfully bring up how hazardous this is to do, without proper safeguards in place, like an ozone detector that would warn you if it wasn't properly evacuated from the growing area.
Thank You! That is part of the discussion. People were attacking and not discussing anything. Any large scale operation or operation that does not exhaust outside is extremely dangerous. This was meant to be a discussion about what I learned in my test and now passive system. But I pushed the limits of killing plants in Veg and Flower as one of the first things to learn. I had to know the worst and be able to Identify anything afterwards. And it takes a lot to kill a plant and there is a line between where the plant is getting too much damage to live and totally eliminating PM from a grow space. The beauty of Ozone is that it being a gas can be circulated to every surface in the room. So after a couple of these blast of ozone in a couple day period. You can defoliate and watch them rebound. Of course being able to do so legally in a commercial grow space is another story. But if someone has a crop that got screwed because of something breaking or leaking they could salvage 80% if they used this system. And their greenhouse would be clean of PM for the time being. My mini grow space was cleansed of PM during my initial testing of my Ozone generating light UV-C Light Bulb. Being the curious type I decide to whallop a few plants to see what happened and they survived. These particular plants had survived the first treatment. And after this Ozone whallop it lost it's leaves and since it was like the 3rd week of 12/12 it took damage at the wrong time but survived and the buds produced resin after healing. I'm on my third crop after the test and the buds could not be sweeter. I love my system because it solves my problem. I say solves because every year PM and cert
What needed to be added? Your acting like this was the basis for some big discussion. Its not. Its stupidity at its finest. You offered up a very dangerous way to deal with a issue that should have been prevented to begin with. Like who the fuck grows in a humid environment and not make sure that they were able to carefully control the humidity..... OOF sir. Just oof.
And yes I have used ozone. To Clean smells out of cars. We sure as fuck wouldn't be using that to deal with PM in a household grow. Nor would we get on the internet and suggest it to growers.

You keep going on about "what did i add". A warning. Thats what I added.
Who is suggesting it to growers. There are probably a million legal reasons why you can't and shouldn't be able. This for experiment sake and discussion only. I had the experience and applied the science and had great results. If you have nothing to add to a boring topic move along. You probably have a better topic to start a discussion on anyways.

Sativa Kid

I would only run it on a set amount of time and when I'm not around it.
Thats what I do. 1 AM for 10 minutes. My flower is 7pm to 7am. And 10 minutes only partially loads my grow space with ozone. 20 minutes would be full saturation. I also did some testing with running my small light for 4 hours straight and only slowly gassing off. The plants lived after throwing almost all vegetation. It was crispy looking. Then produced a crop, smaller but full flavor and fair strength for the strain. The test was done to a plant in early flower 2 to 3 week of 12/12. The buds recovered and were fresh tasting with a slight potency drop it seemed. I'm pretty sure killing the leaves of the plant at that critical time robbed the plant of what it needed.

Sativa Kid

Agromax and Hortilux both make uva-b bulbs now. HTG supply sells them both. I talked to one of the guys there and he said these bulbs only need to be turned on for 15 minutes every 3 hours. So basically 4 times a day during lights on. You can get 8 Agromax Pure UV two foot bulbs for $100. The fixtures will cost more.
I bought a screw in base bulb on Amazon for about $25 that probably generates less as it's only about 8 inches long with 4 individual tubes assembled together. My room is saturated in about 20 minutes depending on how much the automatic exhaust runs during that period. So I run a timer to give it 8 minutes a day a the right time and up it to 10 minutes if my intake air is a little humid as in the summer.

Sativa Kid

I successfully curbed the onslaught of P.M. using uvC light I bought off amazon for around 30$ its a CFL and i had it set to turn on for 15 minutes before lights out.
I also use it like the previous posters to kill mold in odd places that are around the house in the basement.
@Opie1 also uses it.
I used greencure early in flower and switched to milk and the uvC light and made it to harvest luckily.
I woulda been fucked with the quarantine if i didnt make,it to harvest.
If any smoke big outdoor joints all day. But i can hit the bong over anf over hahah
I use the same light and killed a PM onslaught also. My grow space must be smaller as it is small and I run it for 8 minutes a day. Everything is relative to room size and ventilation rate. I would have a re-occurring problem every year because my intake air is outside but my system kills it without me ever knowing.

VAHomegrown

Just harvested my first plants that were run under a suppliemental Cali-Light works UV-B & the buds have the most bulbous trichs. Taste and potency are stronger than the same variety grown with out the UV-B. Same lighting, soil, etc was used. I don't have a good way to test numbers, but it would be interesting to see. I was so happy with the results I picked up a 2nd to experiment with when they went on sale.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Just harvested my first plants that were run under a suppliemental Cali-Light works UV-B & the buds have the most bulbous trichs. Taste and potency are stronger than the same variety grown with out the UV-B. Same lighting, soil, etc was used. I don't have a good way to test numbers, but it would be interesting to see. I was so happy with the results I picked up a 2nd to experiment with when they went on sale.
Thats awesome. I just picked up 2 of them with the 420 sale.

D

Deleted member 2835

I run medicgrow spectrum x with built in uva ir and far red and have had amazing results so far. I run the uva and ir all day long as well.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have 4 of these 48"
1651176673771.png
Notice the wave length at 280?
1651176788774.png
Notice the O3 wave length.
You are talking about using O3? You'd definitely want to know what actual wave length that's is being put out and keep it above 250nm. Around 270-280nm. But PM is caused by plant crowding, air flow, and humidity. Keep those in check and you shouldn't have a problem.
IR would probably benefit you more on keeping PM down than O3 in my opinion.
UVB and UVA is more about charging up Chlorophyll A +B receptors sooner creating more resin production.
1651177450819.gif

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I heard that baking your room at 150 degrees for like 3 hours will clean out almost anything. Anyone able to verify this?
I know Bubbleman's friend , Johnny B had done it. Not sure how well it worked. Hard to do with trying to keep the humidity down.
If I'm remembering this right. It does make sense.