urgent: 6 weeks into flower

Cobzilla

Super Active Member
And i find spider mites on one of my lemon frosting.. 6 weeks into flower... beauty of a plant.. one of 4 plants in a 10 x 5 tent.. should i treat them this far into flower or just sacrifice my plant and hope for the best.. the others dont seem to be infested yet. the mites are not everywhere just on a few leaves that i removed already, what to do ? never had a bug problem or any problem before this... must have came in with me because the air is all heppa filtered...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had that issue last run, and tried to just stick it out with little intervention, which I ended up regretting. In retrospect what I should have done is immediately ordered a pack of these predatory mites: https://www.naturesgoodguys.com/collections/spider-mite-control-1/products/500-live-adult-predatory-mites-a-mix-of-predatory-mite-species-for-spider-mite-control

View attachment 100433
Fresh worms castings have natural predatory mites in them as well. But consider the source. Your own worm bin is fine, some castings company stuff might be all dead/pasteurized. Not sure about a local 'dealer' but if they have good inputs should be fine.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Try Dr doom for a few days then pull each plant out and blast with a hose, then add extra fans keep your plants moving repeat hose every week until harvest you may keep them in check the predatory mites are only an option if you have direct access since ordering them can take weeks then they work slowly at first by then your girls will be overrun...first time I used dr doom it wiped them out but they build a resistance quickly

Tango.hotel.charlie

And i find spider mites on one of my lemon frosting.. 6 weeks into flower... beauty of a plant.. one of 4 plants in a 10 x 5 tent.. should i treat them this far into flower or just sacrifice my plant and hope for the best.. the others dont seem to be infested yet. the mites are not everywhere just on a few leaves that i removed already, what to do ? never had a bug problem or any problem before this... must have came in with me because the air is all heppa filtered...
buy a product like norcal 86 mites and mold or lost coast therapy dr zymes. these have the organic natrual oils that kill them on contact. treat till gone, and harvest at least after two weeks after application or you will definitely need a bud wash. i suggest one anyway

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
That’ll work for now, until the colony builds up a immunity to it, I’ve had to study these little fucks like one studies his enemy. You need at LEAST a 3 pronged attack. I use 4
Day 1: Safers concentrate mixed slightly lighter than the suggested 50ml/1L@ 45ml/1L every 3 days for 1 week.
Shop vac your plants, in between applications this will destroy the aesthetics of you garden but will save it as well
Day 6: Blue dawn dish soap mixed at .7ml/1L
Day 7: spray with water then…after they dry off
Day 7: Botaniguard ES @ 2.5ml/1L anymore than that and it fucked my leaves up too much. But this is the lowest ratio that still works that I’ve found.

Day 10: Botaniguard ES again.
Day 13: Sulfer burner
Day 15: Sulfer burner again

Now you have fought them through approximately 5 egg cycles it’s possible you have won, while it’s entirely possible you have not, but you have slowed them down a huge amount. They have not built up an immunity to the regime because the only one they can do it to is the safers. They have an ability to change their genetics to become immune to poisons and then the subsequent generations have this same immunity, even if the safers gets on the eggs it makes the mites born from them have an immunity to the pesticide.
Long chain fatty acids work well too, but not well enough. After your crop cycle is over, clean the room and spray a 8.25ml/3.78L water bleach solution over everything. Then cook the room to 100f for 8hrs. This will kill and remaining eggs. Next step is to turn the 18/6 light cycle back on for a week. This will make any missed or survived eggs hatch, then the sulfer burner again, once that’s done you can clean the room of residue and continue your gardening.

Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
It's week 7.
How are you doing on your bug problem?
I was curious to see what you ended up using, an if it worked
It's flower time, it's hard for me to use anything in times of flower.
Here's a couple suggestions,
High amounts of CO2, heat, and keep plenty of moisture on stems and leaves.
Then there are other ways.
Extreme heat.
Hair dryer on high heat to a butane torch. Be careful!
I've used Ethanol stuck in the freezer and spray the infested areas,
zaps them, then evaporates off.
Bad time to get bugs, just gotta do the best you can at this point.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
That’ll work for now, until the colony builds up a immunity to it, I’ve had to study these little fucks like one studies his enemy. You need at LEAST a 3 pronged attack. I use 4
Day 1: Safers concentrate mixed slightly lighter than the suggested 50ml/1L@ 45ml/1L every 3 days for 1 week.
Shop vac your plants, in between applications this will destroy the aesthetics of you garden but will save it as well
Day 6: Blue dawn dish soap mixed at 7ml/1L
Day 7: spray with water then…after they dry off
Day 7: Botaniguard ES @ 2.5ml/1L anymore than that and it fucked my leaves up too much. But this is the lowest ratio that still works that I’ve found.

Day 10: Botaniguard ES again.
Day 13: Sulfer burner
Day 15: Sulfer burner again

Now you have fought them through approximately 5 egg cycles it’s possible you have won, while it’s entirely possible you have not, but you have slowed them down a huge amount. They have not built up an immunity to the regime because the only one they can do it to is the safers. They have an ability to change their genetics to become immune to poisons and then the subsequent generations have this same immunity, even if the safers gets on the eggs it makes the mites born from them have an immunity to the pesticide.
Long chain fatty acids work well too, but not well enough. After your crop cycle is over, clean the room and spray a 8.25ml/3.78L water bleach solution over everything. Then cook the room to 100f for 8hrs. This will kill and remaining eggs. Next step is to turn the 18/6 light cycle back on for a week. This will make any missed or survived eggs hatch, then the sulfer burner again, once that’s done you can clean the room of residue and continue your gardening.

Good luck :)
I just read what I had posted, in the future if anyone reads my attack strategy and attempts to use it, there is a MAJOR typo. It’s suppose to be .7ml/1L blue dawn dish soap to water. I’m always really high and I didn’t spot that typo, it’s a small one, just a decimal point but it makes a world of difference so I just thought I clear that up for future use.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I just read what I had posted, in the future if anyone reads my attack strategy and attempts to use it, there is a MAJOR typo. It’s suppose to be .7ml/1L blue dawn dish soap to water. I’m always really high and I didn’t spot that typo, it’s a small one, just a decimal point but it makes a world of difference so I just thought I clear that up for future use.
I fixed it