Transitioning to Flower Nutrients

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
My routine has been to stick with 100% veg nutes for the first week of 12:12, going to 50/50 veg/flower for the second week of 12:12, then on to 100% Flower nutes for the third week forward.

This seems to have worked out OK in the past, although I feel as though the plants are deficient in Nitrogen during the end of the flowering cycle and maybe there is room for improvement.

Are there any better processes for transitioning nutrients?

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
I do similar regime transitioning to flower.

Seaweed extract is a good option as it helps keep internodal length tight. Reading and catching (NPK Industries with Harley) that the low percentage of nitrogen opens up the cell wall to allow the p/k through. Other benefits of kelp is its immune boosting properties against PM.

Flower fuel has kelp in it and is a good budget flower food.

41NEuUta7eL_480x480.jpg

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Old st1r, I watched the 1997 hight times sea of green vhs video with hans. He said he uses veg nutes on 12/12 until he stops seeing upward growth then he switches to flower nutes.

GLG

My personal feed schedule...

5-11-26 (Jacks 321) Veg + Week 1&2 of flower
Masterblend 4-18-38 (12g/12g/6g - Full strength) Week 3-4
Masterblend 4-18-38 (12g/12g/12g - Full strength + Mag/Sulpher boost with the additional mag added) Week 5
MKP (1.2g per gallon) + 1 Tbsp Fish emulsion to a 5 gallon bucket Week 6
Week 7 to Finish MKP (1.2g per gallon)

Attachments

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Old st1r, I watched the 1997 hight times sea of green vhs video with hans. He said he uses veg nutes on 12/12 until he stops seeing upward growth then he switches to flower nutes.
That would mean switching to flower nutes after the third week. Interesting. That would be later than I usually switch.

GLG

That would mean switching to flower nutes after the third week. Interesting. That would be later than I usually switch.
Technically Wk 1 and 2 are a transition period. They still need the veg nutes for the stretch in my opinion. From there on out it's a gradual decline in Nitrogen. 6 on is very low Nitrogen. They fade nicely right on schedule. No flushing. Chlorosis is what changes the flavor anyway. No need to flush when chlorosis is happening gradually with the feed schedule. Smokes just as smooth and burns just as well as flushed plants.

Dr Evil

I utilize the basic Lucas formula for growing hempy style which initially was to use GH MaxiGro and MaxiBloom but they eventually determined one could use the MaxiBloom from start to finish with very little differences.

So not suggesting one should drop veg nutes, but in my situation I'm able to get away with only flower nutes

bk-og

Moose cocks, or bust
My routine has been to stick with 100% veg nutes for the first week of 12:12, going to 50/50 veg/flower for the second week of 12:12, then on to 100% Flower nutes for the third week forward.

This seems to have worked out OK in the past, although I feel as though the plants are deficient in Nitrogen during the end of the flowering cycle and maybe there is room for improvement.

Are there any better processes for transitioning nutrients?
I personally use my veg feed the first week of flower, then straight to bloom starting the second week. I only use a simple 2 part dry salts, no calmag. But I will use epsom salt in every reservoir fill right up until harvest.

larf

From what I've seen, you can run Jack's at full strength pretty much from start to finish. My clones, vegging plants and bonsai mothers all get the same nutrients as my flowering plants. When I'm running seeds I dilute it to about half strength for the first few weeks once they get past the seedling stage.

Everything is green, but I don't really understand how.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I use VBX from hydroponic-research it is a one part so it is the same from veg to bloom. I like VBX as it is made for LED growing with added cal and mag. Add their bloom booster shine as soon as they hit the bloom tent run until flush.

GLG

From what I've seen, you can run Jack's at full strength pretty much from start to finish. My clones, vegging plants and bonsai mothers all get the same nutrients as my flowering plants. When I'm running seeds I dilute it to about half strength for the first few weeks once they get past the seedling stage.

Everything is green, but I don't really understand how.
Correct. It's more about the NPK ratio. Jacks isn't a spot on 1:2:3 (5-12-26) ratio but damn near close enough. The other ratios known to work well for veg is 3:1:1 and flower 1:3:2. Jacks just works as an all-purpose for all stages. I've run Jacks from seedling and never burnt a single seedling.

Thingfish

Expressed as N-P-K, 5-12-26 is 5-5-21 (1:1:4 ratio). In the US, Nitrogen is listed correctly, but the labeled P & K are the weights of the oxides, not the elements.

Jack's mixed at 3g Part A + 2g CalNit = 3:1:4 NPK ratio