To freeze or not to freeze?

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I have harvested my plants for the Mystery pack comp on tuesday because of a family member in the hospital I have had nosey inlaws around and had to move everything to a remote location. In the building I have a portable ac and a dehumidifier. The humidity held at 60% the first day. The next day it spiked to 70% for several hours at least 6. I turned on dehumidifier and got it down around 60 for most of the next day. The next morning the dehumidifier was full and humidity back up to 75% and is supposed to rain all day. With in a few minutes the dehumidifier brought it back down in the 50s. I am not seeing any mold but.. I know there is good chance it could be hiding in there somewhere on some of the bigger buds. I am tryinhg to decide if i should buck em down to nugs and put em on a rack, or just throw them all in the freezer to make live rosin. Or is it possibly F'd. Is there a DIY way to test for mold besides just a visual Inspection. :oops:

Streetpro09

Tester
I have harvested my plants for the Mystery pack comp on tuesday because of a family member in the hospital I have had nosey inlaws around and had to move everything to a remote location. In the building I have a portable ac and a dehumidifier. The humidity held at 60% the first day. The next day it spiked to 70% for several hours at least 6. I turned on dehumidifier and got it down around 60 for most of the next day. The next morning the dehumidifier was full and humidity back up to 75% and is supposed to rain all day. With in a few minutes the dehumidifier brought it back down in the 50s. I am not seeing any mold but.. I know there is good chance it could be hiding in there somewhere on some of the bigger buds. I am tryinhg to decide if i should buck em down to nugs and put em on a rack, or just throw them all in the freezer to make live rosin. Or is it possibly F'd. Is there a DIY way to test for mold besides just a visual Inspection. :oops:
I'm not sure I'd worry too much about the spike in rh for a few hours. Anything more and I'd be rigging something up to drain the dehumidifier.

Maybe use a condensate pump from a furnace and then drain the dehumidifier out the back (if it has that option) with a hose into the pump. Run the pump hose to a sink drain or out a window.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I was looking into the drain hose for the dehumidifier but with the building sealed tight the only place to drain would be in the room so it would just evaporate back to the air. The Ac has kept it cool between 63 and 68f but it is one that evporates the condensation instaed of draining it and I think that is some of the problem. I wil be making a few trips there today to see how long it takes for the dehumidifier to fill up so I can keep it dry. Frickin inlaws!

Streetpro09

Tester
I was looking into the drain hose for the dehumidifier but with the building sealed tight the only place to drain would be in the room so it would just evaporate back to the air. The Ac has kept it cool between 63 and 68f but it is one that evporates the condensation instaed of draining it and I think that is some of the problem. I wil be making a few trips there today to see how long it takes for the dehumidifier to fill up so I can keep it dry. Frickin inlaws!
So there's no drain in the floor of the room you're drying? Also no window? You could still use a condensate pump to pump the water into a bigger holding container until you get the time to dump it.

So essentially the dehumidifier would drain into the condensate pump. Once the condensate pump was full it would pump the water into a 5 gallon bucket with lid or something similar.

I've also set my dehumidifier in a big tote and just let it drain around the machine. Just can't let the water level get to high or use a short tote.

Oi that sucks ass through a sour patch straw wierdly. Seeing it was only 6 hours in the danger zone I think you would probably be OK but if you have a couple of hours to waste and feel like you can get a solid handle on controlling the temp and humidity going forward(Streetpro09 advice is perfect IMHO on handling your dehue collection tank without you having access to a drain) You could dunk/wash the buds in water and H2O2 Jorge Cervantes style and then start the process again. In-laws visits always seem to be a pita but your little visit and having to move a fresh harvest is a pita with CHEESE!
GL bro (y)

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Side question… what’s your procedure on the live rosin?

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Buck em down to nugs and put em on a rack good luck.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
Make sure you have a fan moving air around. Not directly at the plants. Better it dries a little too quickly than trying to stretch it out in less than optimal conditions and ruining the lot.
I do have a fan blowing in the corner and can see they are all moving around a little so air flow and temps are good. I think rain is moving out early and It should dry out. I just read too much about mold on the internet and it freaked me out. I had this problem a few years ago and had to throw out a bunch of 79 X mas bud that was super dense little nugs on somre nice colas. The CLDxCLD has a similar structure and is one of the main ones Im worried about. I may buck those down or throw them in the freezer and leave some of the more open structured plants to dry. Either way I am drilling a hole in the wall for the drain hose so I can sleep tonight! Thanks for the Ideas.