Timer fucked up. Looking for suggestions...

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Wishing good things for you, please keep us informed how things turn out after the drying and smoke test part.

I'm presently trying to get some stragglers to finish that experienced a three day inadvertent time shift, (timer fuckup). Semi-perpetual grow and all of the plants were well into flower, between a few days and two weeks to finish for the lot of them. I corrected my timer issue and DROPPED the 12/12, in favor of a 14 off / 10 on schedule hoping the plants would "think" it was really time to finish.

I'm hoping that nudge keeps them in the flowering mode without bananas. I also have been maintaining an aphid battle, which I thought I was winning, (silly me) so getting to the point of being able to shutdown and do a really good cleaning was a factor in dropping the hours for the flower time.

I'm wondering how trichome production will be affected, by both of our circumstances. Wondering what the "science" says. Anyone ?
Damn that fucking sucks having to deal with bugs too. As far as trichome production, one of my plants that is usually frosty as hell is hardly frosty at all. Not sure if the timer issue caused it, but it's weird....

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Damn that fucking sucks having to deal with bugs too. As far as trichome production, one of my plants that is usually frosty as hell is hardly frosty at all. Not sure if the timer issue caused it, but it's weird....
I think I've noticed visible trichome production being off too. I suspect the time shift, but don't really know.
Most of the plants are repeats, grown from clones, so I'll have a chance to compare some strains in a smoke test in a few weeks.
Have noticed more of those weird last minute white pistils that occur when the plant doesn't want to die a virgin late in flower.

I have an outdoor garden too and even though I shower and change clothes before tending the inside, I almost always get some bugs in the summer. It's a tradeoff. Aphids in veg are pretty easy, in flower a little more challenging. I used a wet vac yesterday to clean the stalks, stems and leaves and will dry the plants in a basement isolated spare tent. Don't want them migrating to any houseplants and taking up residence. The bright side? It's not spider mites.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I think I've noticed visible trichome production being off too. I suspect the time shift, but don't really know.
Most of the plants are repeats, grown from clones, so I'll have a chance to compare some strains in a smoke test in a few weeks.
Have noticed more of those weird last minute white pistils that occur when the plant doesn't want to die a virgin late in flower.

I have an outdoor garden too and even though I shower and change clothes before tending the inside, I almost always get some bugs in the summer. It's a tradeoff. Aphids in veg are pretty easy, in flower a little more challenging. I used a wet vac yesterday to clean the stalks, stems and leaves and will dry the plants in a basement isolated spare tent. Don't want them migrating to any houseplants and taking up residence. The bright side? It's not spider mites.
I've been fairly lucky as a grower, I suppose. I have dealt with bud rot and PM. But other than a few gnats, I haven't had bugs yet, but I'm sure that's up next 😂😂. Good luck bro, hope it all works out for both of us