Timer fucked up. Looking for suggestions...

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
So my timer fucked up in one of my bloom rooms. I think it was on for like 5 days straight. There is some weird shit going on. That leaf curl started when I got my timer back to normal. My question is: is it worth saving? Anyone have experience with this? Should I just cut my losses and chop her?IMG_20200902_170003478.jpgIMG_20200902_165958168.jpg

So my timer fucked up in one of my bloom rooms. I think it was on for like 5 days straight. There is some weird shit going on. That leaf curl started when I got my timer back to normal. My question is: is it worth saving? Anyone have experience with this? Should I just cut my losses and chop her?View attachment 70581View attachment 70582
Was it a digital timer or one that you push the buttons in and out?....out of curiosity.

Opie1

Master Grower
5 days? Trash it. If it was on that long it’ll start veg again and it’ll really look fkd up. Save yourself the trouble and chop it.
I had it happen a couple months ago, and I thought I’d see how bad it’d get-
AFDB0C09-6DBF-468B-A609-6EC0066452A6.png

That’s my Cookies n Chem AT THE END of 5 weeks.

Last edited:

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Thanks everyone for the advice. I might give them a few more days and see what they look like. If they don't look much better I'll probably chop them. I got a couple plants ready to go and I kinda neglected these anyway lol. I let them grow into the light and get burned. I finally got me another scrog net to train them better.

One of my problems is my low ceiling, 6.5 ft. My LED bloom room is fine but I got a gavita for real cheap so I usually fire that up too but it's not the best for my situation lol. But I've had some kick ass grows from it too

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
I just had a similar problem occur but not as bad. I work way from home for periods and when the wife checked the tent the in-line fan had been off for 3 days leaving condensation streaming down the walls of the tent . Apparently the plug had moved out of the power outlet shutting it off.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
You'd be surprised by the awful things you can do to cannabis plants and they turn out fine. I reversed the hot and neutral wires when I setup an outlet during my first grow so the light never fully turned off. The regular plant I had in the tent took a little longer to finish but turned out okay.

Rather than losing the time invested so far let them go a little longer and see what happens. If you are growing stable genetics they should be okay.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
You'd be surprised by the awful things you can do to cannabis plants and they turn out fine. I reversed the hot and neutral wires when I setup an outlet during my first grow so the light never fully turned off. The regular plant I had in the tent took a little longer to finish but turned out okay.

Rather than losing the time invested so far let them go a little longer and see what happens. If you are growing stable genetics they should be okay.
Yea, one of the plants looks just fine. It was a lot further along in flower though. Maybe that's why. The funky looking plant is gg4. At the least, I'll probably get some nanners.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Yea, one of the plants looks just fine. It was a lot further along in flower though. Maybe that's why. The funky looking plant is gg4. At the least, I'll probably get some nanners.
Wishing good things for you, please keep us informed how things turn out after the drying and smoke test part.

I'm presently trying to get some stragglers to finish that experienced a three day inadvertent time shift, (timer fuckup). Semi-perpetual grow and all of the plants were well into flower, between a few days and two weeks to finish for the lot of them. I corrected my timer issue and DROPPED the 12/12, in favor of a 14 off / 10 on schedule hoping the plants would "think" it was really time to finish.

I'm hoping that nudge keeps them in the flowering mode without bananas. I also have been maintaining an aphid battle, which I thought I was winning, (silly me) so getting to the point of being able to shutdown and do a really good cleaning was a factor in dropping the hours for the flower time.

I'm wondering how trichome production will be affected, by both of our circumstances. Wondering what the "science" says. Anyone ?