Thrips

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Got some pics of new plants I had put in their that had no thrips on them and I then sprinkled those predatory bugs on them. As you can see they have taken a whippen from the thrips.
The last pic you can see the crap I sprinkled on them from the canister. That's a Larry Lemon OG. Top pics is of my own creation that is some real fire.IMG_20190529_040219.jpgIMG_20190529_040237.jpgIMG_20190529_040335.jpgIMG_20190529_040419.jpgIMG_20190529_040542.jpg

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Got some Spinosad in yesterday and immediately sprayed. I guess in a couple of days I should see some results?
Hope it didn't hurt any bud development as they are around 2.5 weeks in.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Got some Spinosad in yesterday and immediately sprayed. I guess in a couple of days I should see some results?
Hope it didn't hurt any bud development as they are around 2.5 weeks in.
They'll be just fine. You may experience some browning of pistols, but thats ok. That Spinosad is great stuff & will knock em out quick. Apply it correctly on leaf tops (and undersides), and the thrips will be history in like 3 days. Not sure if you've had Thrips before, but they usually aren't a very "resilient" kind of bug like Mites for example.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
They'll be just fine. You may experience some browning of pistols, but thats ok. That Spinosad is great stuff & will knock em out quick. Apply it correctly on leaf tops (and undersides), and the thrips will be history in like 3 days. Not sure if you've had Thrips before, but they usually aren't a very "resilient" kind of bug like Mites for example.

Oh ya, I've battled thrips for years inside. Never had em outside before. I've had spider mites on the inside but never outside unless it was the greenhouse. But with high humidity you can control them.

I found that just using a heavier spray of just soapy water will kill thrips immediately but they pop back up in a few days. Also that mix does a lot of leaf damage. Makes you think you got a def or something. Like in that bottom pic up above. See the leaves and the spots? That's from spraying with that heavy soap mix. I've done that in flower and that was a bad idea.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Amblyseius swirskii mites
These are the critters I bought but couldn't get the job done.

Amblyseius cucumeris

I have not seen any more mites yet since using the Spinosad. Gonna spray again in a couple of days just for a preemptive strike against any lingering little bastards that might be left.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
The Spinosad has worked wonders. Went in and sprayed again on plants 4 weeks into flower and did not burn any of the hairs on the buds. It also killed the tiny little buggers that was starting to come out again.
Used it to spray the walls of my flower room and floor, veg plants and the tents they are in. Pretty much sprayed everything.
Just hope they don't become resistant to it.