Thrips

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Anybody got any secret remedy for getting rid of these pests? I had them last summer and they went away during the winter and soon as it got warm they are back. My flower room gets them and also my tents that I used for flower as well. My plants in veg do not have them because I spray those all the time for pests. But after week 2 of flower (after they are put into tents or main flower room) I do not spray anymore. Those little buggers just will not go away and if you spray during flower it damages the buds even with just soapy water.

Sparrowhawk420

Insanely Active Member

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Def gonna have to look into some predatory bugs to keep these buggers in check. With a perpetual garden you can keep the fuckers out.

I don't have em at all in veg because I spray every 2 weeks.

Trips are just a down right pain, especially indoors they can be imposible to kill, I once managed evenwith regular spraying against them, to have them for 4 years, if just one survives the tribe continues. Funny story about bugs, once knew a guy who had issues with lice in a inside grow, neither figured out how he could have them inside a growroom in the attic...

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I just hate bugs.
I just use sticky traps and fly strips.
Most if not all bugs I get are in soil.
Deal with bugs every summer...none in winters.
Sticky traps work good for any flying insect. In time they all be gone once the flying parents are caught.

I have several of those as well hanging up. Mostly they catch a couple flies, gnats and the stray bug thats attracted to it.

I ended up buying some predatory bugs. See how that goes.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Trips are just a down right pain, especially indoors they can be imposible to kill, I once managed evenwith regular spraying against them, to have them for 4 years, if just one survives the tribe continues. Funny story about bugs, once knew a guy who had issues with lice in a inside grow, neither figured out how he could have them inside a growroom in the attic...

It's like the thrips live in the building or something and come out when it's warm. Hate the bastards.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I had thrips a while back. I hit my veg plants every other day with organicide 3 in 1 for week, then unleashed ladybugs. Did the trick. I also suggest a product called Smite every chance I get. It's organic and made for mites, but it kills everthing I've ever put it on, mites, aphids, etc, thrips should take a hurting from it too. Check it out, good luck man.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Anybody got any secret remedy for getting rid of these pests? I had them last summer and they went away during the winter and soon as it got warm they are back. My flower room gets them and also my tents that I used for flower as well. My plants in veg do not have them because I spray those all the time for pests. But after week 2 of flower (after they are put into tents or main flower room) I do not spray anymore. Those little buggers just will not go away and if you spray during flower it damages the buds even with just soapy water.
Sounds like you need to address treating the area the grows are in and not the plants. If you are in a garage/outbuilding etc, make sure theres no overgrown vegetation surrounding the building. Spray outside of the building/area as well with spinosad.

FTCG

Botanigard wp22, contains beauvaria bassania. A bacteria just like spinosad. Sprayed once or twice and 10 days later I can't find any thrips. Didn't see it working so thought to myself, well there's so more wasted cash. Couple weeks later I'm in the all of my rooms and can't find any thrips. There is thrip damage from before, but even in my neglected room, I can't find any thrips if I try.

Beauvaria bassania works best in a higher humidity, and continues to reproduce and release spores as long as there is a food source. 70% percent relative humidity. Concentration for use is about 1/4-1/2 tsp per litre. Mix and spray within 24 hours, and apply to drier soils as a root drench is spray the plants. The bacteria dies after 24 hours in water so use it before then.

I also use olive oil as a foliar in veg, or as a soil drench, added to the feed. Olive oil sweats out the plants and thrips don't like eating it at all. I've gone as high as 10-15 tsp per 5 gallon bucket.

Waxman420

Another vote for spinosad i tried many different things for thrips the hydro shop guy looked at me like i must be crazy. i dont even think the 2nd treatment was necessary.