Things that make you go herm

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Got a question for you vatos. A fellow grower is having issues with a plant throwing nuts for the last three weeks, but it's also been an issue in the past.

They've checked for light leaks.
Changed all of thier timers.
Changed potting mixes.
Changed nutrients.
It’s never a deficient plant it is always a healthy one.
Temps are in the high 70’s lights on mid 60’s lights off.
Humidity between 40-60%.
Great gentle airflow in the entire room.
Plenty of fresh air.

They are running Island Girl and Raspy Berry. The Island Girl has been throwing nanners for 3 weeks. They’ve been spraying the room down every morning with water and misting the plants and picking up the nanners. The plant has thrown three different times, small nanners down low.

Their parameters all sounded great to me. Outside of genetics the only thing popping in my head is possible PGRs in the nutes/ammendments/mix.
That's where the sidewalk ends with me.

I don't know if they have a fancy Bluetooth controller for the light.

Any other causes you guys can think of? Thanks amigos.

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
Island girl has been on my radar but hasn't been restocked for the past year or so. With these malawi crosses I'd think they wouldn't be the best option indoors unless maybe a warehouse setting. 707 got this cut from archive too and has made some crosses with it too so I'd say the genetics aren't really the problem in the sense that landrace stuff similar to irene ect aren't suitible indoors. That said might try trimming up the lower braches a few nodes past the herm areas due to low light. Sativas are also very light feeders which could also be causing it to throw nanners. Another issue could be the light flip and nute transition which is easy to do with sativas stretching where people flip at 4 weeks of growth.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Sounds like they changed everything but the problem... genetics.

Did they start them from seed or clone?
He Started with fem seeds and regs, he’s had the problem for a couple of years, it started abruptly and hasn’t quit. Using seeds from Nirvana and true north. Plants look healthy too.... I’ve seen pics. He hasn’t used any PGH as far as I know, possibly kelp meal in the beginning. Could he possibly be overwatering? But not enough to kill the plants?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have the Sherbet Sunrise from 707 going now, and I know he tests his gear in his own facilities, and he doesn't release stuff if it is questionable.

That said, some strains just have a herm tendency and it could be nothing but getting too wet or too dry for too long and they go all gender crazy. About every other Chem91 will toss a few nuts about week 3-4 regardless of any external factors, but then stop. And if you try and breed away from it the high gets midsy.

Chemdog is a plant I will chance that for - Sherbet whatever, not quite.

Promedz

Zeus
My call is light leak. Unless they sat in the room with lights out for 20 min then they could be missing it:. Eyes need to adjust to dark then all kinds of lights can be seen: If they changed everything. They are missing something. If ppl are saying these genetics are solid: then it’s the light.

I’ve neglected plants so bad. No water, over water, all kinds of diff nutes. Cold temps hot temps. Left room open during lights out. Multiple days. Still no herm. But a light leak will do it all the time! Or bad genetics will just do it no matter the environment

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If they are growing in a tent...Do they have lights on in the room that the tent is in during dark time? Usually best to have the tent in a spot that can be avoided during lights out.
Definitely. trusting a tent to be light-proof is kind of silly. People talk about zippers and pinholes, but they never mention the velcro sealed hermi-holes they call a "window"

Lurch

Super Active Member
Island girl has been on my radar but hasn't been restocked for the past year or so. With these malawi crosses I'd think they wouldn't be the best option indoors unless maybe a warehouse setting. 707 got this cut from archive too and has made some crosses with it too so I'd say the genetics aren't really the problem in the sense that landrace stuff similar to irene ect aren't suitible indoors. That said might try trimming up the lower braches a few nodes past the herm areas due to low light. Sativas are also very light feeders which could also be causing it to throw nanners. Another issue could be the light flip and nute transition which is easy to do with sativas stretching where people flip at 4 weeks of growth.
Talk dirty. Malawi Gold primo.
Fk you would fly like an Eagle.
Would lick Durban P dat 💥 Sativa.
Can you pass the herm areas?
Gg4 has been eluding me. Fkin temprenmental to say the least on Lone and Josey S1. 3 grows and 😢. One dynamite but 3 out a 4 cyan done.
3 S1 GG4 leave, will store till have an isolation cube. Saved the Killer glue. Seeds on lowers but such is life.
Checked the cull was just a few nanners that crept in.

Lurch

Super Active Member
My call is light leak. Unless they sat in the room with lights out for 20 min then they could be missing it:. Eyes need to adjust to dark then all kinds of lights can be seen: If they changed everything. They are missing something. If ppl are saying these genetics are solid: then it’s the light.

I’ve neglected plants so bad. No water, over water, all kinds of diff nutes. Cold temps hot temps. Left room open during lights out. Multiple days. Still no herm. But a light leak will do it all the time! Or bad genetics will just do it no matter the environment
💯

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
jamacan purple haze, when those were in prime flower, i was flat on my back with health problems, is most likely the reason for the hermi problem , me and those plants were in bad shape , i lost the biggest part of that run,
Lol I don’t want any hermie seeds😂😂