Doniawon

Ganja farmer
Nuke , and plant therapy for broad/hemp russets..
Just spotted some very early. Appears to do the trick.
Rotate nukem, green cleaner, pyganic, and finish w plant therapy if u gotta go postal in Veg.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
U guys have any ideas on wat can be used late in flower?
Sorry, I am a little late to your "late in flower" question, I can still share what I have came up with when late in flower.
Man, we all have spent hrs on thinking what the hell to do. You don't want to put "anything" on those beauties. You just spent months of keeping shit off it, and now, you are pondering to "voluntarily" apply some kinda of foreign, possibly toxic, substance to them?
This might sound kinda strange, until you think about it a bit.
I use a "food grade" 95% Ethanol.
I'm not sure what I am diluting it to,I keep the numbers high at least 75%. I have used it at 95% at times.
I put it in a spray bottle(mixed or straight). Find a cap that fits the spray bottle and use it while in freezer. The reasoning behind the cold is it won't melt the trichomes as fast. They stay pretty firm. As far as the mites, all that's left are those 2 brown spots in a pool of yellow stuff. lol
You don't want to leave it on there very long, it will burn like hell your leaves, so make sure you rinse thoroughly. Better to experiment slowly until you get it figured out. Hope this helps someone and I don't get a cussing for someones plants torching like the "Burning Bush". lol
That's pretty much all I got that really works. Preventative measures is always best. But we tend to push aside the small, though, extremely important parts to growing. I'll spend days and days picking a strain, then to turn around and neglect the very basics of growing,or have made poor decisions based on someones advise.
Best to research as much as possible, but experiencing and experimenting is just being a "farmer". Farmers have to be every craft. From carpenters to biologists, we are where the term, "handy man" came from. lol
Hope this helps and your flowers turn out fine.

TitoM

Super Active Member
Sorry, I am a little late to your "late in flower" question, I can still share what I have came up with when late in flower.
Man, we all have spent hrs on thinking what the hell to do. You don't want to put "anything" on those beauties. You just spent months of keeping shit off it, and now, you are pondering to "voluntarily" apply some kinda of foreign, possibly toxic, substance to them?
This might sound kinda strange, until you think about it a bit.
I use a "food grade" 95% Ethanol.
I'm not sure what I am diluting it to,I keep the numbers high at least 75%. I have used it at 95% at times.
I put it in a spray bottle(mixed or straight). Find a cap that fits the spray bottle and use it while in freezer. The reasoning behind the cold is it won't melt the trichomes as fast. They stay pretty firm. As far as the mites, all that's left are those 2 brown spots in a pool of yellow stuff. lol
You don't want to leave it on there very long, it will burn like hell your leaves, so make sure you rinse thoroughly. Better to experiment slowly until you get it figured out. Hope this helps someone and I don't get a cussing for someones plants torching like the "Burning Bush". lol
That's pretty much all I got that really works. Preventative measures is always best. But we tend to push aside the small, though, extremely important parts to growing. I'll spend days and days picking a strain, then to turn around and neglect the very basics of growing,or have made poor decisions based on someones advise.
Best to research as much as possible, but experiencing and experimenting is just being a "farmer". Farmers have to be every craft. From carpenters to biologists, we are where the term, "handy man" came from. lol
Hope this helps and your flowers turn out fine.
Thanx for taking the time I'll keep this in mind for next time.i hope there isn't one!

BerryNice

Super Active Member
I've been dealing with Russet mites. Totally different monster in the mites family. Them little fuckers breed faster than rabbitmites. lol
Lol those things are nasty I hate bugs good luck man i hope you get ride of them asap

I dont even know what i would do to battle them since i wont use chemicals

Maybe compressed air and blow them off then a washdown and into lower temps and humidity to make climate they cant live in but the plants can

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Lol those things are nasty I hate bugs good luck man i hope you get ride of them asap

I dont even know what i would do to battle them since i wont use chemicals

Maybe compressed air and blow them off then a washdown and into lower temps and humidity to make climate they cant live in but the plants can
I am using DE and powdering the plant and using in the soil. It is a natural fossil. It is sharp edges and cuts soft body insects when they breath it or come in contact with the DE. I wouldn't powder them in flowere, but veg? Hell yes. I am using a good bit. There is nothing on the leaves.I wash it off give it a day, then powder them again. Underleaf and over. Plants are healthier. Adds Silica. It is working from what I am seeing. I am changing out all my soil as fast as I can afford to. I think this is gonna work. Still need to bug bomb. Things are looking 90% better all around. Knock on wood.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Thanx for taking the time I'll keep this in mind for next time.i hope there isn't one!
I was gonna say, think about it as a "Quick wash". Mist it on, wait 15 or 20 secs, clean it off. If needed again mist, let set 30 secs, then clean it off, 45sec, Start with a dilution and work your way up. Be careful with it full strength. You will brown some hairs, but the choice is up to you.
Pretty much the only thing I would put on my flower days before harvest.

Stoned Cold Bulldog

fungus gnats and DE and why it doesn't work well for most. simple the gnats themselves aren't killed by DE, they can walk around in that shit. DE is not a contact killer it kills it's victims over time. the larvae of the fungus gnats can be killed by DE because it's a segmented creature arthropod.
further more top dressing it doesn't stop the gnats = with wings at all. they play and run around in the shit.

now common sense. why doesn't it work well for the larvae that DE will kill. because when we water that shit in. it's wet and it's not able to be effective at all while wet. it has to be dry to act mechanically on the target pest. so in the bottom 1/3-2/3 of a pot it will never get dry enough to kill the larvae before it's time to water again. we water when the top couple inches is dry which is find for the plants but also good to allow the larvae thus the gnats to live.

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
To prove my point of spinosad does fight russets and mites very well ( read label for rate )

Just need conserve sc ;)

Than rotate with biocontrol of grandevo , than spinosad , than conserve than rotate

But stop on spinosad on 3-4th week of bloom, if needed use a “safe “ knockout with the bio control till harvest like green cleaner or Loast coast at highest dosage and rotate .

Doniawon

Ganja farmer
To prove my point of spinosad does fight russets and mites very well ( read label for rate )

Just need conserve sc ;)

Than rotate with biocontrol of grandevo , than spinosad , than conserve than rotate

But stop on spinosad on 3-4th week of bloom, if needed use a “safe “ knockout with the bio control till harvest like green cleaner or Loast coast at highest dosage and rotate .

Conserve sc is magical.