the hempy method

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Yeah... I use MaxiBloom.....I would try Jacks if I could find it locally

I recently tried Dyna Gro Foliage Pro but was not impressed at all

What type do you use?
Most people I know have their Jacks nutes shipped to them.

I'm in Colorado, so I use Chem-Gro. They're on Volmer Rd in Colorado Springs. Great bunch of people, seriously knowledgeable... and they don't suffer bullshit like "voodoo juice" LMAO

That said, dry nutrient salts are just that and many companies mix them. They generally sell to greenhouse operations so they don't do much retail marketing. You'll have to ask wholesalers or even greenhouse operators in your area to find a supplier close to you.

Back to Chem-Gro; they put more micronutrients in their mix than Jacks does and their mixes don't have dyes. If you're going to have nutes shipped anyway, I recommend them. Their website is;

www.hydro-gardens.com

I have been using their 5-11-26 hydroponic mix with micros and they also have a cannabis specific mix that's 4-20-38 with micros. I haven't tried it yet but they say they sell a lot of it to commercial cannabis facilities. They have a good price on calcium nitrate but don't buy your epsom salt from them; Wal-Mart sells it cheap.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Back to Chem-Gro; they put more micronutrients in their mix than Jacks does and their mixes don't have dyes. If you're going to have nutes shipped anyway, I recommend them. Their website is;

www.hydro-gardens.com

I have been using their 5-11-26 hydroponic mix with micros and they also have a cannabis specific mix that's 4-20-38 with micros. I haven't tried it yet but they say they sell a lot of it to commercial cannabis facilities. They have a good price on calcium nitrate but don't buy your epsom salt from them; Wal-Mart sells it cheap.
Thanks for the info I have been using jacks for a minute I checked hydrgardens web site out they say they currently cannot make their hydro mix due to ingredient shortages unless I am reading it wrong I will definitely keep checking.. I was only able to buy Kmart and dollar store Epsom salt back in the day it stuck I still get excited when I score a big bag cheap lol

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Thanks for the info I have been using jacks for a minute I checked hydrgardens web site out they say they currently cannot make their hydro mix due to ingredient shortages unless I am reading it wrong I will definitely keep checking.. I was only able to buy Kmart and dollar store Epsom salt back in the day it stuck I still get excited when I score a big bag cheap lol
I saw that too. They say they're having trouble sourcing MKP. I have a 25lb bag with only a nibble out of it so far... Am I sitting on a gold mine? Enquiring minds wanna know! LMAO

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I saw that too. They say they're having trouble sourcing MKP. I have a 25lb bag with only a nibble out of it so far... Am I sitting on a gold mine? Enquiring minds wanna know! LMAO
Fertilizer has become a real problem, I buy my meat from a farmer / rancher and he put in his fertilizer order for the year and it had tripled in cost and the only way to get it was take on a basis that it could be delivered anytime in the next six months no exceptions. Where I live it will be needed in the next couple of months so six months from now would be a problem. This will affect many.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fertilizer has become a real problem, I buy my meat from a farmer / rancher and he put in his fertilizer order for the year and it had tripled in cost and the only way to get it was take on a basis that it could be delivered anytime in the next six months no exceptions. Where I live it will be needed in the next couple of months so six months from now would be a problem. This will affect many.
More 'fertilizer' for people thinking about organics.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I had to switch over to Roots Organics last year because Elevation Organics was having supply issues. I really like the Roots line, though, so I’m going to stick with it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I do RDWC so switching to organic nutes isn't really feasible.
Not "organic nutes" - still nutes, still requires shipping and a company to produce it.
Organic. Worms, compost, etc. I sprout barley or corn and put it in a blender for my dirt/plant food. Aloe, coconut water, etc. You can top-dress wth all kinds of different natural products, many which can be grown in your back yard.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Not "organic nutes" - still nutes, still requires shipping and a company to produce it.
Organic. Worms, compost, etc. I sprout barley or corn and put it in a blender for my dirt/plant food. Aloe, coconut water, etc. You can top-dress wth all kinds of different natural products, many which can be grown in your back yard.
That doesn't work in an aqueous environment.

The rest of my post addressed that in terms of aquaponics.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That doesn't work in an aqueous environment.

The rest of my post addressed that in terms of aquaponics.
And I am saying that I have no supply chain other than the produce section of the grocery store if I can't or haven't grown it myself. Not saying it can be adapted in any way to growing plants in a dunk tank. Just saying it is an alternative.

I do RDWC so switching to organic nutes isn't really feasible.

I've considered aquaponics but the issue there is getting enough P and K the plants. Solve that and I'm all over it!
Say ttystikk, what levels of P & K(or anything else important) do you rekon you would need to be able to achieve to run weed in an aquaponics environment? I have been watching a YouTuber Rob Bob for awhile now as I want to try it for and outdoor veggie garden most likely for up coming spring/season and I will ask him if he believes those levels are possible and how he would recommend to go about achieve them.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Say ttystikk, what levels of P & K(or anything else important) do you rekon you would need to be able to achieve to run weed in an aquaponics environment? I have been watching a YouTuber Rob Bob for awhile now as I want to try it for and outdoor veggie garden most likely for up coming spring/season and I will ask him if he believes those levels are possible and how he would recommend to go about achieve them.
Everything i know about aquaponics is second hand; I haven't tried it and so I want to make sure folks know that.

I would use tomatoes as a stand-in for cannabis because both plants are very similar in their preferences for nutrients and growing conditions.

So ask this guy and anyone else about their luck growing AND FRUITING tomato plants in aquaponic systems and see what they have to say.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
This is why I never joined a forum before. I just couldn't bring myself to post pics. It still feels weird, maybe I'll get used to it. At least in the hempy thread they aren't likely to be seen 😉.This is my bargain basement setup. Nirvana seeds in hempy buckets, 100% perlite and Jack's professional nutrients. If anyone knows a cheaper, lazier way to grow..... I'm here to learn.Somewhat perpetual. I try to harvest a few buckets every 4-5 weeks. Yeah I know...... Nirvana...👎 They get no love on the forums, never have but before their insane price increase you could find some special keepers cheap. .... sometimes..... I guess I uploaded these in the wrong order? In the first it's Bubble Head from karma ready to go in the flower room. Next is Grandpa's Stash from Ethos ready to move up to 5gal buckets. And last is a hodge podge of nirvana in flower.
IView attachment 104413View attachment 104414View attachment 104412
What brand and model led is hanging in the third picture.