The dope cave

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I got some cuts today, supposedly chem D and chem 91, hopefully they’re legit. And sundae driver as well. They came with spider mites. I dunked them and I’ll keep on the assault. I would normally just throw them away, far far away but I’ve been after the D and the 91 for years so I’m gonna risk it I guess. They’re in my quarantine area and I’m supposed to get more cuts in the mail tomorrow or Friday so I’ll have to figure out where to put those. I’ll keep them in quarantine for a month or so after I think they’re mite free just to be safe. Anyone got any tips to make it easier?
Are u spraying them w anything?

I got some cuts today, supposedly chem D and chem 91, hopefully they’re legit. And sundae driver as well. They came with spider mites. I dunked them and I’ll keep on the assault. I would normally just throw them away, far far away but I’ve been after the D and the 91 for years so I’m gonna risk it I guess. They’re in my quarantine area and I’m supposed to get more cuts in the mail tomorrow or Friday so I’ll have to figure out where to put those. I’ll keep them in quarantine for a month or so after I think they’re mite free just to be safe. Anyone got any tips to make it easier?
Keep them quarantined, spray the shit out of them. And spray the shit out of all your other plants as well. I’ve been slowly battling them for the past year. I don’t like chemicals and I have too many plants I don’t want to lose/just cut and start new. So I’ve been doing it the hard way and currently only one plant out of the entire garden has them. A Skywalker OG that has a few more weeks left. I’m sure there are more, but with different treatments and stripping leaves it’s been under control. I don’t think mine came from any clones, but from house plants and garden plants that I had brought in.

Neem, Spinosad, SNS 209, SNS 203, SNS 217C, essential oils, and Dr. Bonners.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I have them upstairs and my grow is downstairs so hopefully isolated enough. I dunked them in nukem right when I got them last night and again about an hour later. I sprayed all my other plants with neem and essential oils last night after that. I have the nukem, Monterey with spinosad, and the neem and essential oils I’ll rotate through every other day. Looking to grab a few others to add into the mix tho. Thanks for the heads up @ChronicWonders I’ll check that out. So you’ve been battling them fuckers for a while huh? Maybe I’ll just toss them out and keep trying to get clean cuts before I fuck myself over. I feel like I can beat them but I know I don’t wanna deal with them getting into my garden.

I wouldn’t toss them. Just be vigilant and as long as you have your IPM in order you’ll be fine. I had never dealt with anything indoors besides fungus gnats up until these bastards. I wasn’t paying attention as much as I should have and with a high plant count it’s hard to keep up on everything...

They also aren’t as devastating as other pests. You can manage them and slowly eradicate them.

Last edited:

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I wouldn’t toss them. Just be vigilant and as long as you have your IPM is in order you’ll be fine. I had never dealt with anything indoors besides fungus gnats up until these bastards. I wasn’t paying attention as much as I should have and with a high plant count it’s hard to keep up on everything...

They also aren’t as devastating as other pests. You can manage them and slowly eradicate them.
Word I’ll keep on it then. I haven’t ever dealt with them either so I’m not too sure what to expect I’ve just heard horror stories. They’re Cali mites so I’m sure they could drink avid and smile lol.

Word I’ll keep on it then. I haven’t ever dealt with them either so I’m not too sure what to expect I’ve just heard horror stories. Their Cali mites so I’m sure they could drink avid and smile lol.
The horror stories come from people that had large plants or entire rooms infected. They don’t check their plants for a few days and then their plants are covered in webs. When you have them small it’s way easier to spray under every leaf/cover and saturate them. Nip em in the bud now and never look back. Especially if the Chems are the real deals.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
The horror stories come from people that had large plants or entire rooms infected. They don’t check their plants for a few days and then their plants are covered in webs. When you have them small it’s way easier to spray under every leaf/cover and saturate them. Nip em in the bud now and never look back. Especially if the Chems are the real deals.
Yea that’s what I was thinking. I can just dunk them every other day for a month or so and be super sure lol. I hope they’re legit but he said that he just got those in and he hasn’t flowered them out to be sure yet. The sundae driver is real deal but that was just a bonus he threw in cuz he’s cool.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I have them upstairs and my grow is downstairs so hopefully isolated enough. I dunked them in nukem right when I got them last night and again about an hour later. I sprayed all my other plants with neem and essential oils last night after that. I have the nukem, Monterey with spinosad, and the neem and essential oils I’ll rotate through every other day. Looking to grab a few others to add into the mix tho. Thanks for the heads up @ChronicWonders I’ll check that out. So you’ve been battling them fuckers for a while huh? Maybe I’ll just toss them out and keep trying to get clean cuts before I fuck myself over. I feel like I can beat them but I know I don’t wanna deal with them getting into my garden.
If you spray neem every 3 days it will get rid of mites 100%.

The cuts my bro sent me came with those creeps too. I dipped in nukem everyday/other day for a couple weeks and they toast. Also helps to hand inspect and crush/kill any adults you can see.

The nukem kills them, the neem interrupts the digestive system so eventually they die and cant reproduce. Plus neem is good anti fungal too.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
If you spray neem every 3 days it will get rid of mites 100%.

The cuts my bro sent me came with those creeps too. I dipped in nukem everyday/other day for a couple weeks and they toast. Also helps to hand inspect and crush/kill any adults you can see.

The nukem kills them, the neem interrupts the digestive system so eventually they die and cant reproduce. Plus neem is good anti fungal too.
Cool thanks man I have plenty of neem and nukem on deck. I’m gonna grab some sns 217c tomorrow and add that to the rotation. I’m gonna probably end up dipping them daily lol.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Persimilis and Cucumeris predator mites. Introduced them the other day with amazing results. Only one new infected leaf on Jenny but predator mites were already eating eggs. Good investment and healthy for the plants.
If you have handheld microscope you can always check them for eggs. Once theyre screened you'll be good. Anything leaving Jennys tent get examined thoroughly and wiped down.2020-05-11-172446.jpg
You can see full eggs versus sucked dry eggs those are the cucumeris they're pear shaped and reproduce the fastest if i remember correctly.

D

Deleted member 60

That's always fun. I bought 6 clones in '90 that set me in motion for the next 20 years of commercial growing....but they came with mites...and if you think it's fun NOW....you shoulda had em 30 years ago when there were NO hydro shops/no online sales//no massive offering of bottles of "cure" overflowing the shelves as there is today. Knowledge was nil...products to fight em were unheard of. Most importantly....clones were impossible to find....and these were clones of crazy good weed.

I kept the game going but WOW...they hit me hard for YEARS. Finally...one day....I was at the nursery in Denver (had to drive 250 mile R/T to get any supplies) I saw this gnarly mite killing chem "Kelthane"..... and I was so pissed...I went in...masked up...and just fuck those bitches good. I'd never do that now...cus that's serious shit....but it wasn't liike today and the "Gosh...what EASY thing can I grab today to fight these with?' Back then.....it was the choice between take drastic measures or go back to growing bag seed. There sure weren't forums like this to say "WTF do I do?" nor could you really ask anyone for help.

Good luck with the D. If it's the real deal you will at some point see the color on the leaves split down the middle...blond;ish on one side...green on the other. If it's the real deal she will also frustrate the Hell out of you on the rooting front. 3 weeks is common.....and be prepared to wait longer. She is slow-as-fuck to root, for sure. Ah...memories.....

good luck over there..........

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Want that real chemdog d cut. Just not impressed with the 91 in crosses. Funny thing on IG, all the chem boys, skunk va, pbud, etc grow em all, but when a dialed in crop of chemd of theirs get pics, goat is the term I see em use. Lol. It does do it for me. Gmo, mb15, it just seems certain chem d cuts bring the heat. Not knocking the others, just sayin. Wanted to pull string on clones on strainly but prices went up a minute. Didn't mean to get left of center, carry on gentlemen, best of luck.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
That's always fun. I bought 6 clones in '90 that set me in motion for the next 20 years of commercial growing....but they came with mites...and if you think it's fun NOW....you shoulda had em 30 years ago when there were NO hydro shops/no online sales//no massive offering of bottles of "cure" overflowing the shelves as there is today. Knowledge was nil...products to fight em were unheard of. Most importantly....clones were impossible to find....and these were clones of crazy good weed.

I kept the game going but WOW...they hit me hard for YEARS. Finally...one day....I was at the nursery in Denver (had to drive 250 mile R/T to get any supplies) I saw this gnarly mite killing chem "Kelthane"..... and I was so pissed...I went in...masked up...and just fuck those bitches good. I'd never do that now...cus that's serious shit....but it wasn't liike today and the "Gosh...what EASY thing can I grab today to fight these with?' Back then.....it was the choice between take drastic measures or go back to growing bag seed. There sure weren't forums like this to say "WTF do I do?" nor could you really ask anyone for help.

Good luck with the D. If it's the real deal you will at some point see the color on the leaves split down the middle...blond;ish on one side...green on the other. If it's the real deal she will also frustrate the Hell out of you on the rooting front. 3 weeks is common.....and be prepared to wait longer. She is slow-as-fuck to root, for sure. Ah...memories.....

good luck over there..........
Makes me feel so much better we have what we have today. Thank you for always keeping us youngins with true perspective. We definitely have it easy today. Predator mites were only available for commercial purchase up until a few years ago. Granted the internet does little in providing adequate information. It does allow peer to peer reflection with those who have dealt with these issues.

D

Deleted member 60

Different times @yougrowyourway ....and a different pay scale for the time spent than most experience today.

Well over half of my time was spent being paranoid/trying to figure out how to get rid of grow trash/etc. The other half was spent trying to scour nurseries/greenhouses for supplies without looking like a dope grower. There was ONE grow store in the whole of Denver at the time....and with the noids in full swing...i did some crazy shit trying to stay in the shadows/not be ID'd/etc. when i'd go there. Hats....glasses...etc. "Secret Agent Man" Took me years to figure out I just wasn't THAT IMPORTANT...LOL.

Then I started growing weed.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I appreciate the insight guys. I decided to toss the clones and try to source clean ones from a more trustworthy source that can verify they are real. Just didn’t seem worth it to me to risk my whole garden over clones that might not even be real. @yougrowyourway thats an awesome way to look at things. I’m also grateful for the resources we have now. When I first started we had a little internet action but not like now. There weren’t any hydro stores where I grew up until recently. @stiickygreen i always appreciate your wisdom man. Keep dropping in with the knowledge my dude lol. I used to do similar things popping in at garden centers and nurseries trying to source pots and stuff in disguise lol. Wasn’t so funny then, but it is now. Hiking miles through the forest with 50 lbs of stuff on my back, rigging up ghetto irrigation systems from the creeks and stuff. Sometimes I miss guerilla growing But I’m way happy to be inside lol.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
ive battled those sons of bitches to. Only thing i found that works i would never use around a flowering plant and some say never to use at all. i used it as a last ditch effort on a few plants in veg last year. 1 of those hot shot cans. Green label. Let 1 go off then waited 5 days and did it again. Havnt seen a mite since and never want to again.

theres a couple mitacide products available but they are expensive and ive never used them before