The Dark Side of the Mountain

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I figured it was high time to start one of these, as I'm hoping to turn over a new leaf in my grow game. :)

My last grow had a lot of firsts. First time using the qb's. First time having a dedicated veg tent. First time growing @Heisenbeans. The results of these firsts were nothing short of amazing. Many thanks to the many kind hearted and helpful souls around here. You make this place a true paradise among the toxic sites we suffered in the past. And of course, thanks to the man himself for making this all possible!

Setup:

Seedlings/Starts:
Homeade grow box with mylar. QB65 installed, but I can also run CFL's or 20w blurples inside. Heat mat. Fans.

Veg: 2x2 tent. 2 x Cree CXB3590 COB. HLG-185H-42B drvier.

Flower: 4x2 tent. 4 x QB132 V2. LRS-350-36 driver. 6" VenTech exhaust fan (pulls both tents)

Link to my QB132 DIY build: HLG QB132 V2 & LRS-350-36 DIY Build

Medium: Hand-amended soil. 3 or 5 gal Fabric Pots for final container. SIP method for watering.

Soil Recipe:
  • 1/3 Pro-Mix
  • 1/3 EWC
  • 1/3 Perlite
  • Garden Lime
  • Alfalfa Meal
  • Kelp Meal
  • Espoma Tomato-Tone
  • Glacial Rock Dust

Nutes: Regular doses of Neptune's Harvest Sea-Weed Extract during veg. MegaCrop for flower. CalMag most waterings.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Here's a break down of what my grow season looks like. I try to do a perpetual during the months I can actually grow inside (represented by the purple bar in the graph) Outside of that, it's just way too hot around here.

Used to do 2 plants per grow cycle under a 250w HPS. That's not enough to cut the cheese around here anymore. Going to be running 4 plants per cycle from here on out thanks to the QB's.

006.jpg

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
2 days in and already this much mycelium :unsure:
C43A3286-C376-4883-93DF-C4AA0F2AF409.jpeg

That’s really fast. Either the pro-mix was seriously alive... or this dirt loves the hot damp garage it’s in.

Thinking I’ll move these in and out of the garage into the A/C to let them wet-dry cycle. Don’t want to see these runaway anaerobic on me. That said, I’ve always cooked my soil out here in these conditions and never had issues, but then again it is really really hot and humid around here right now.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
2 days in and already this much mycelium :unsure:
View attachment 66588

That’s really fast. Either the pro-mix was seriously alive... or this dirt loves the hot damp garage it’s in.

Thinking I’ll move these in and out of the garage into the A/C to let them wet-dry cycle. Don’t want to see these runaway anaerobic on me. That said, I’ve always cooked my soil out here in these conditions and never had issues, but then again it is really really hot and humid around here right now.
See this once in a while , was wondering if it was a bad thing

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
See this once in a while , was wondering if it was a bad thing
Usually I’m happy to see this, it’s a good sign the microbial heard is alive and thriving doing its job.

But the speed here is a little worrisome, maybe. These conditions might allow other bad bacteria to grow at an accelerated pace too. Never personally seen soil go anaerobic. But i also don’t want to take chances, dirt costs money to make lol.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Everyday showing new growth, no signs of stress so far. They've had 1/4 and 1/2 strength nute feeds (some mild Seaweed/Kelp extract) and they took it in stride. Purple Punch is a day or two behind the others. Once these cups are dry, they'll be going into 1/2 gallon pots. I can't flower until mid-September, so we're gonna have some fun training these :)

012.jpeg

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Up-potted into 1/2 gallon pots this morning. Hate to see my plants drooping, at all, ever. Hopefully they’ll be praying again in a few short days.

Purple Punch didn’t have much in terms of roots, though they did make it to the bottom of the solo cup.

I can’t be having any monsters in my space, yet... So treating them a little rough and slowing them down now is hopefully going to work to my advantage. I’m all good as long as I don’t see yellow leaves... Nothing makes me madder or sadder than yellow leaves! :mad: It’s like building a house of cards and some jerk comes by and topples them over. (pretty sure the jerk is usually me 😜 )
BD526419-7D9B-4F7D-8067-D5A69ABD65F5.jpeg