Tasting the rainbow

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
A question to you fine men and women out there:
Out of newbie curiosity, does seeded flower maintain the same spectrum of flavor or effects as the virgin flower? I pollinated a clone and just tried the dried flower husks and sugar leaf and it's a keeper to me.

I know it sounds like this should be in stoner thoughts. But, my guess is some small scale/personal setups to are tumbled or dry sifted to release the seeds from the husk and enjoy the goodness left from the process.

I ask because I wait to see the results myself in 6-8 weeks after I harvest the unpollinated mom.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
A question to you fine men and women out there:
Out of newbie curiosity, does seeded flower maintain the same spectrum of flavor or effects as the virgin flower? I pollinated a clone and just tried the dried flower husks and sugar leaf and it's a keeper to me.

I know it sounds like this should be in stoner thoughts. But, my guess is some small scale/personal setups to are tumbled or dry sifted to release the seeds from the husk and enjoy the goodness left from the process.

I ask because I wait to see the results myself in 6-8 weeks after I harvest the unpollinated mom.
I believe u will get a very similar result but once the plant starts focusing on the seed production, everything else takes a back seat. U will have alot of seed casings/bracts? Sorry for lack of better word and even though they are covered in trichomes this will affect terps

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Thanks guys
Tumbling or dry sifting isn't going to get the seeds out that easy. Try a colander with a washboard motion. Then you will still have to get your fingers in there for those final seeds and they will be sticky. The leftover weed will be fine potentcy wise, just less of it.
Good to know, it makes me even more excited for it. Thanks guys!

I'm a greenhorn and don't know if its better to collect seeds or heads first.

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
dude if this your stash I wouldn’t mess around with removing seeds and just get yourself a grinder and who care about a few seeds or even a lot, all the smuggled cannabis did and no one cared ( natural hemp and instrual hemp =pollinated theirs = seeds or hermies ( but majority of the word does industrial hemp and they wouldn’t care about a male in their field lol)

if trying to “donate “ or give to others, just tell them it has vs trying extract because ( if it was me) because man Inless small amounts of buds Inless it’s not sticky icky and compact . You’ll destroy the purpose of the product and make it from a A grade to C ( you get the example)

2. If you just meant you could just use your weed for extract and it wouldn’t matter differently ? it wouldn’t and it wouldn’t taste different . In fact if a person saw a hermie and got seeds that good option to do rosin or extract and not have any seeds .

Last edited:

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
dude if this your stash I wouldn’t mess around with removing seeds and just get yourself a grinder and who care about a few seeds or even a lot, all the smuggled cannabis did and no one cared ( natural hemp and instrual hemp =pollinated theirs = seeds or hermies ( but majority of the word does industrial hemp and they wouldn’t care about a male in their field lol)

if trying to “donate “ or give to others, just tell them it has vs trying extract because ( if it was me) because man Inless small amounts of buds Inless it’s not sticky icky and compact . You’ll destroy the purpose of the product and make it from a A grade to C ( you get the example)

2. If you just meant you could just use your weed for extract and it wouldn’t matter differently ? it wouldn’t and it wouldn’t taste different . In fact if a person saw a hermie and got seeds that good option to do rosin or extract and not have any seeds .
Dude the last thing I wanna do is press hermies. It taste gross af. Just telling you from experience. And don't grind up your bud w seeds in it . Extraction would maybe be ok? I wouldn't wanna do that either . U will tell .

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato

I was just wondering if there was any difference in flavor/effect from seeded bud and virgin flower on the same plant (if one branch was pollinated).

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
1.Did you really say you can’t grind up buds with seeds in and you might as well throw it away? Dude all the weed before the rec/med scene was flying in Seeds because people who grow on diff country they grow outdoors and the people out there it’s outdoors hemp so the end (the bud now even if hermied still light weight with seed vs a hemp polloned outdoor) . So results suck for flower bud suck ( you get a lot of seeds ) but guess what? Did the hash country’s like in the Middle East throw away it when they has to make theirs even those it was seeded ? No they made it into hash or still used it?

I say if your not selling it how fricking hard is it to remove the seeds (when I mean by remove is grind lightly so the seeds fall out or by hand ) and smoke it ( these youngsters don’t realize it’s been going on forever besides USA and 100+ years and the weed is fine ) it’s not worthless or that hard to get the seeds out for some some smoke vs throwing it away.

2.than you dissed and said male pollen is devils acid to this earth kind thing ?Funny is if you tell people it’s a “sour” strain (example call it Sour d) , I never once when I did that little Placebo test (Grower would know) would they of complained . All I got was repeat costumers, granted the hermies were killed and I didn’t have hermies often (they didn’t even know what those hermie parts were )

If it doesnt hurt you or the product , why tell em ? ( granted I haven’t had a hermie in awhile )
You must remember all of what I said was the grey market and before rec market but people really honestly thought it was just extra “sour” and I never once got a question once (why pluck the hermie piece then or the plants or even extract it at that time for me?)

3. Is there any differnace in effect ? Yes and no = the plant does put its energy after being pollinated into seeds after that ( that’s the major negative ) so the major factor is your buds def won’t be as good as there would of been . But (if it was me) as long as it’s not contaminated with man made or bad things = still better than the Mexican weed I used to get back in the day and smuggled weed from Canada , I’m game

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
1.Did you really say you can’t grind up buds with seeds in and you might as well throw it away? Dude all the weed before the rec/med scene was flying in Seeds because people who grow on diff country they grow outdoors and the people out there it’s outdoors hemp so the end (the bud now even if hermied still light weight with seed vs a hemp polloned outdoor) . So results suck for flower bud suck ( you get a lot of seeds ) but guess what? Did the hash country’s like in the Middle East throw away it when they has to make theirs even those it was seeded ? No they made it into hash or still used it?

I say if your not selling it how fricking hard is it to remove the seeds (when I mean by remove is grind lightly so the seeds fall out or by hand ) and smoke it ( these youngsters don’t realize it’s been going on forever besides USA and 100+ years and the weed is fine ) it’s not worthless or that hard to get the seeds out for some some smoke vs throwing it away.

2.than you dissed and said male pollen is devils acid to this earth kind thing ?Funny is if you tell people it’s a “sour” strain (example call it Sour d) , I never once when I did that little Placebo test (Grower would know) would they of complained . All I got was repeat costumers, granted the hermies were killed and I didn’t have hermies often (they didn’t even know what those hermie parts were )

If it doesnt hurt you or the product , why tell em ? ( granted I haven’t had a hermie in awhile )
You must remember all of what I said was the grey market and before rec market but people really honestly thought it was just extra “sour” and I never once got a question once (why pluck the hermie piece then or the plants or even extract it at that time for me?)

3. Is there any differnace in effect ? Yes and no = the plant does put its energy after being pollinated into seeds after that ( that’s the major negative ) so the major factor is your buds def won’t be as good as there would of been . But (if it was me) as long as it’s not contaminated with man made or bad things = still better than the Mexican weed I used to get back in the day and smuggled weed from Canada , I’m game
Of course you can grind up bud with seeds in it, but ground up seeds in anything being smoked tastes harsh, so why wouldn't you remove as much as you can prior to grinding? All of this advice really depends on how heavily seeded the bud is, too. I was given 2 pounds of heavily seeded Northern Lights last year to use for hash and I wouldn't have given that shit to my worst enemy for smoking. It seriously had more seeds than smokable plant matter in every bud. I do agree, though, that a lot of growers and smokers have become snobs when it comes to seeds in their bud. I've seen people flip out on reddit because bud they bought had 1 or 2 seeds in it. I grew up with tons of seeds in the shit I bought so I honestly never cared with any of the newer stuff I bought (prior to growing my own) having a few seeds in it here and there.

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
My wording means for “ grinding vs taking” ( wish their was a video) you just super lightly grind it ( 20x less than you would normally ) and just to get the seeds out and than after the seeds are removed re-grind the rest or do w/e to your smoking desires . smoking seeds is carcinogens but my point was no reason to pre-remove seeds and there’s so many easy ways to remove em before smoking them ( being a previous and med pothead/buyer and grower )