Supplement silica if you are PM prone

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Okay i do not have any PM issues but i decided to use the GH Armour si silica 0-0-4 this round to see if i could beef up the stems some. Was not sure how far to take it in flowering so i will go to week 6 at least. Also i am not using it as a foliar spray just adding 2.5 ml per gallon every irrigation. @dstroy do you think i should be doing a foliar spray instead?

dstroy

Insanely Active Member
Okay i do not have any PM issues but i decided to use the GH Armour si silica 0-0-4 this round to see if i could beef up the stems some. Was not sure how far to take it in flowering so i will go to week 6 at least. Also i am not using it as a foliar spray just adding 2.5 ml per gallon every irrigation. @dstroy do you think i should be doing a foliar spray instead?
Not unless you're doing it as part of your IPM program.

Just feeding it is fine, make sure to mix it in before adding anything else you feed.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I’ve always used Protekt as well, I’m actually a longtime dynagro user. I recently stopped after switching to megacrop, as MC already has silica added, plus it comes out to the perfect PH after mixing with calimagic and RO water, but I suspect when I start adding in PK booster, my ph will be a little lower than I like so will probably go back to adding in a little protekt.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I use Silica Blast from Botanicare religiously like cal-mag.
I have never had PM issues and I don't use it as a PM* for PM :)

It is good for cell structure, and also helps plants resist stresses better, especially heat issues.

*Preventive Maintenance
I didn’t even know it helped with PM, I’ve always used it for the same reasons as you. I have never really had PM issues, i have good airflow and keep my VPD at the ideal levels. I also foliage with optic foliar overdrive, which IIRC helps prevent PM too.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I didn’t even know it helped with PM, I’ve always used it for the same reasons as you. I have never really had PM issues, i have good airflow and keep my VPD at the ideal levels. I also foliage with optic foliar overdrive, which IIRC helps prevent PM too.
I have exhaust... and a little desk fan :)

I have a box of VPD's brand new in a drawer that I haven't messed with yet :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't use much, minimum dose is 2.5ml/gl and I stick with that unless I am actually having issues, then I'll bump it up.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you don't use it all grow, I would at least use it during the heavy growth periods. Long veg, the post-flip stretch, and mid-to late-flower bud-stacking.