Sup fuckers, I mean chuckers.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I don’t just cut at a 45 degree angle. I give a few light slashes above the 45 cut. More area for the root gel to cling into and surface area for roots to form. all bro science!! And did I forget to mention if your not cloning in aeroponics or hydro. It’s like cloning in the Stone Age
My clone game needs some help, so feel free to shit talk my setup anytime, growther!
Aeroponic!!! Or hydro. Anything else is like cloning in the Stone Age!
D4B61B3D-E205-482C-B1F0-7E03472659DC.gif4CA5287C-D698-436A-91DA-6B17E10CD60A.gif

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I don’t just cut at a 45 degree angle. I give a few light slashes above the 45 cut. More area for the root gel to cling into and surface area for roots to form. all bro science!! And did I forget to mention if your not cloning in aeroponics or hydro. It’s like cloning in the Stone Age

Aeroponic!!! Or hydro. Anything else is like cloning in the Stone Age!
View attachment 104115View attachment 104116
30 years ago I went 8 for 8 in soil constantly. Then I took an enforced break and when I came back it was all hit and miss. Even with an aerocloner. It's the one part of my system I still have trouble with.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
My clone game needs some help, so feel free to shit talk my setup anytime, growther!
I think the key to cloning in an aerocloner is low light and humidity over 60 percent. Plants don't have roots so they can't really uptake nutrients. Any light over 4000 lux is over kill. If you battle low humidity an aerocloner with a dome will help. Grab a bag of calcium nitrate and add 1 gram per gallon. Use it to folier feed the clones if they start looking stupid which is typically the result of to much light. Clones don't need alot of light to take roots. Less is better. I use a single 2 foot t5 strip over my domes and get the perfect amount of light. They need just enough to stay alive not grow. You can add nutrients to the water solution also but it can be trickier to dial in , don't wanna burn plants or starve em. That's why I like to use straight water. Distilled water is a waste of time because pathogens live on the stems and everything we touch. Best to use uc roots or another pasteurized chlorine. Regular pool shock can inhibit root growth in higher doses which in my case was enough to stop the stem rot, but to much to grow roots.

I personally switched to rooters cause it's less clean up. Less headache , less shit to watch and maintain. They cost money is the only downside. If you lose an entire group of clones your gonna lose time and money either way so the rooters actually saved me time and losses of crops when something went wrong.
Also the warmer the water temp the better. To cold a water and roots take to long to root.
I use heat mats in my domes to keep the root zone in the plugs at 78. Insert the temp nozzle into a blank rooter. Low light , 1 folier feed at 6 days in, crack the dome vents open after feed and I always get 100 percent on any clone, any strain like clockwork. I set em and forget em till transplant day. Once my cuts are all taken they sit on the shelves till 14 day mark and I just grab the domes and start planting.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I think the key to cloning in an aerocloner is low light and humidity over 60 percent. Plants don't have roots so they can't really uptake nutrients. Any light over 4000 lux is over kill. If you battle low humidity an aerocloner with a dome will help. Grab a bag of calcium nitrate and add 1 gram per gallon. Use it to folier feed the clones if they start looking stupid which is typically the result of to much light. Clones don't need alot of light to take roots. Less is better. I use a single 2 foot t5 strip over my domes and get the perfect amount of light. They need just enough to stay alive not grow. You can add nutrients to the water solution also but it can be trickier to dial in , don't wanna burn plants or starve em. That's why I like to use straight water. Distilled water is a waste of time because pathogens live on the stems and everything we touch. Best to use uc roots or another pasteurized chlorine. Regular pool shock can inhibit root growth in higher doses which in my case was enough to stop the stem rot, but to much to grow roots.

I personally switched to rooters cause it's less clean up. Less headache , less shit to watch and maintain. They cost money is the only downside. If you lose an entire group of clones your gonna lose time and money either way so the rooters actually saved me time and losses of crops when something went wrong.
Also the warmer the water temp the better. To cold a water and roots take to long to root.
I use heat mats in my domes to keep the root zone in the plugs at 78. Insert the temp nozzle into a blank rooter. Low light , 1 folier feed at 6 days in, crack the dome vents open after feed and I always get 100 percent on any clone, any strain like clockwork. I set em and forget em till transplant day. Once my cuts are all taken they sit on the shelves till 14 day mark and I just grab the domes and start planting.
So I'm running too much light, I can tell already from your description. I'm still working on the RH and temperature, that's basically hunting for air leaks in the space.

Because I use dry nutrient salts, I have several hundred pounds of calcium nitrate laying around. This is interesting because the tap water here is silly clean so adding something might not be a bad idea.

I can't thank you enough for the help, keep an eye on them as I go and let me know what you see. I'll even use duct tape if you tell me to... 😂

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
So I'm running too much light, I can tell already from your description. I'm still working on the RH and temperature, that's basically hunting for air leaks in the space.

Because I use dry nutrient salts, I have several hundred pounds of calcium nitrate laying around. This is interesting because the tap water here is silly clean so adding something might not be a bad idea.

I can't thank you enough for the help, keep an eye on them as I go and let me know what you see. I'll even use duct tape if you tell me to... 😂
I'm not sure who makes it but I got.it a.long tome ago. It's a mist fogger thing that you put in a tote. I also got a humidity box that dials it in so you can raise the humidity. I'll see if I can find the links.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
One of these

WILLHI WH1436H Mini Plug-n-play Digital Air Humidity Controller with probe for Humidifier Dehumidifier Greenhouse Pets Animal Basement https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076LMFRHG/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_QEFN9W198T2KQPVP31CC

And one of these.

TTLIFE 10 Head Ultrasonic Mist Maker Fogger 250W 5KG/H Mist Maker Fogger Air Humidifier w/Transformer Accessories for Industrial Scenic Agriculture Greenhouse Hydroponics Garden/Lawn/Pond https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SZKDZGV/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_GXTMR4J830R3R735Y4VJ

Set humidity to 70 with 78 Temps and your vpd is perfect. Plus it makes shit look cool when it's on. I put mine in a tote, cut a hole in top ,vent on side. Added a 12 volt computer fan and it would just blow the shit upwards.

After I oversized my air conditioning in my new setup I no longer have to use it. I always oversize my AC in my veg room to keep it cool but not to remove the humidity. Once the plants get huge my humidity can get to high so a dehumidifier keeps it in check.

led1k

Really Active Member
Love the tweezers idea!

@ttystikk Like you, I've been having a hell of a time trying to get cuttings to pop roots. Used to have an easy time but lost something along the way.

I bought one of these along with a heat mat and temp controller...

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 3.14.31 PM.png
"EarlyGrow 93807 Domed Propagator, 2 Height Extenders, Green":

Mat:

Controller:

And...

IMG_6832.png

My first success in a long damn time! I put these 3 in a solo cup (2 at bottom, 1 sitting on top of those plugs). I think this domed and heated setup is the answer for me. I mist the inside every few days and RH stays 75-80%. If it gets too dry with misting only, a reptile fogger with humidity controller would be next. The height allows for 12" cuttings and if you want taller, get another height extender.

To be clear, the only tape used here was for labeling. :LOL:

Tweezers will be used on the next round. Thanks @Heisenbeans for that and all the clone info.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Love the tweezers idea!

@ttystikk Like you, I've been having a hell of a time trying to get cuttings to pop roots. Used to have an easy time but lost something along the way.

I bought one of these along with a heat mat and temp controller...

View attachment 104140
"EarlyGrow 93807 Domed Propagator, 2 Height Extenders, Green":

Mat:

Controller:

And...

View attachment 104138

My first success in a long damn time! I put these 3 in a solo cup (2 at bottom, 1 sitting on top of those plugs). I think this domed and heated setup is the answer for me. I mist the inside every few days and RH stays 75-80%. If it gets too dry with misting only, a reptile fogger with humidity controller would be next. The height allows for 12" cuttings and if you want taller, get another height extender.

To be clear, the only tape used here was for labeling. :LOL:

Tweezers will be used on the next round. Thanks @Heisenbeans for that and all the clone info.
That's bad ass. Proper humidity management is why I got an aquarium. Used means cheap. The plastic trays and domes are garbage because they don't seal well enough to maintain humidity. If I still have problems, the next step is a heat mat. I'm pretty sure I still have one around here somewhere...

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
That's bad ass. Proper humidity management is why I got an aquarium. Used means cheap. The plastic trays and domes are garbage because they don't seal well enough to maintain humidity. If I still have problems, the next step is a heat mat. I'm pretty sure I still have one around here somewhere...
I have that same tray and it holds humidity well. The smaller one I have seals like crap though.