Strainly shutting down!?!?!?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Anyone hear why?
Just my opinion, but I think companies like this can only survive for so long until the legal fees get to be too much. While Strainly isn’t breaking the law, they are providing a platform that people use to market, sell, and ship product that is still federally illegal. Think of it like “The Pirate Bay”. They do nothing but provide a database that permits people to share movies, music, etc via BitTorrent and they got shut down multiple times.

Hello TheSadVeryBadMadGrower,
We are sorry to inform you that Strainly will have to go on a hiatus in the coming weeks.
The current circumstances, combined with the challenges faced by our industry (e.g. access to basic business services such as payment processing, social media, funding...) forced us to make this difficult decision.
If you have active listings, we would please need you to close them within the next 10 days.
You will have 3 weeks to complete pending transactions, provide tracking number and ensure delivery. If you still have pending transactions by 09-30, please reach out to us.
If you have a Pro or Premium plan, all your credits have been applied to your current listings.
In case you are wondering, our servers and databases have remained secured since we launched Strainly 4 years ago. You have strictly nothing to worry about when it comes to your information.
We are hopeful we'll come back stronger when the dust settles.
Do not hesitate if you have questions.

D

Deleted member 60

Lotsa folks will be left holding the bag from this. All of those GLO purchases that have been marked up for one....LOL.

I never heard what ot cost to play there. How much was Strainly's take from sales?

I hope those in the mix can find other outlets. It wasn't perfect but it filled a needed gap for many. I got a few deals there I'm still very happy with.

RIP

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
The Sent this email out about an hour ago:

Hi there,

For many families, businesses and communities, 2020 came with its lot of challenges.

We haven't been able to find a reliable payment processor after we were shut down -again- in May. This is a common issue in our industry, and crypto currencies create way too much friction and overheads to be a viable alternative as of 2020. Hence, while many of you are willing to pay to use Strainly and its premium features, there's technically no viable way to monetize Strainly at scale.

Ads network options are also very limited in our industry, while advertising is very regulated. Ad revenues are therefore quite limited.

In parallel, as our user base increased, our costs of operations did too, especially during the past year. Expenses grew faster than revenue.

Rather than going into a situation where there will be no chance to ever bounce back, it became wiser to take a break in order to keep a chance to restart when the dust settles. A difficult decision we resisted making for as long as we could.

A few people speculated about the reasons for this hiatus. In case you are wondering, our servers and databases have remained secured since we launched Strainly 4 years ago. You have strictly nothing to worry about when it comes to your information. It has never been shared, accessed nor requested by third-parties.

We are hopeful we'll come back stronger when the context improves.

Thank you for your continuous support over the years!

The Strainly team​

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
That place is responsible for so many fake strains.
Thanks. I'm not at "the other place".
Me either. I hear you get a free bag of dicks and an antifa t shirt when u sign up. That shithole ain't got enough grit for my liking. To many fake ass potato head smile in your face wanna be clowns over that way. Its like the duloc of cannabis forums and red is Lord Maximus Farquaad.