Storing under vacuum.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Doing a test. Storing pollen in tiny bags in a jar. Few kernels of rice in each. Dry first.
I have an AC vacuum pump. Use a jar with a sealable lid. Drill a tinny hole in the top. Use 2 layers of electrical tape to cover the hole. Leave tape loose where the hole is. Put vacuum hose over tape/hole suck all the air out and slide the hose off the tape sealing the hole as done. Vacuum pulls the tape tight holds the vacuum nice. Not sure if the pollen is affected negatively from the vacuum. But no moisture or O2 should prolong storage. Will test some in a few months to see if it works.

F series

Insanely Active Member
Doing a test. Storing pollen in tiny bags in a jar. Few kernels of rice in each. Dry first.
I have an AC vacuum pump. Use a jar with a sealable lid. Drill a tinny hole in the top. Use 2 layers of electrical tape to cover the hole. Leave tape loose where the hole is. Put vacuum hose over tape/hole suck all the air out and slide the hose off the tape sealing the hole as done. Vacuum pulls the tape tight holds the vacuum nice. Not sure if the pollen is affected negatively from the vacuum. But no moisture or O2 should prolong storage. Will test some in a few months to see if it works.
Dude get Mason jars, and the food saver jar vacuum attachment. If you don't have food saver, use a break bleeder.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Cool idea, I use the food saver stuff as well.
I bet it works, I recently busted open a package of herb @19 months of storage and it held up as well as the day it was packed! Cant see why pollen would be different under ideal conditions.....

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Ya as long
As
The low pressure doesn’t explode it LOL I also put vacuum on my rice I use to make sure it’s good and dry.