Steph Nuggz breeding project.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
(Plushberry x Cuvee f2) female x Golden Tiger(Thai x Malawi) male.

I'm selecting now based on my criteria for f2's. Out of nearly 300 seeds I can say there may be 20 different phenotypes, some with strong resemblance, with distinctions more centered on effect(chemotype) or yield.

I think I have 8 can potentially work on given I have corresponding males of the same phenotype to breed f2's with.

Eventually I will make f3's using the f2's which will be available to the market.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
IMG_20231216_115920.jpg
IMG_20231216_120005.jpg
Sativa/Malawi hybrid phenotype likes to mature from the bottom up, strong red wine and meat stew smell, best buzz off smoked bits from all the males, if the offspring prove vigorous and potent then I think I have a stud to use on future clones.
IMG_20231214_090025.jpg
F2's will be ready around February for harvest, by April I will be flowering these.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
He packs some nice clusters amigo. Is the flower structure/density similar on the females?

Is that a fallen pollen sac that dusted the flower clusters or is that the same plant in the bottom pic?

Shua1991

Really Active Member
He packs some nice clusters amigo. Is the flower structure/density similar on the females?

Is that a fallen pollen sac that dusted the flower clusters or is that the same plant in the bottom pic?
That's a pollen sack from the male pictured, very similar structure when they flower out, depending on where they lean, the malawi male I used to make this wasn't as "endowed" but this has similar structure to a few potent phenotypes (2+hrs effect) that I really enjoy, stimulating and euphoric, but too much and you will be stuck in your own headtrip. IMG_20231103_151110.jpg this one produces a strong main cola and has high yield potentialIMG_20231031_184532.jpgthis one too, but I didn't use it because it produced bananas at the last week of flowerIMG_20231031_184339.jpg this is the female I used to make seeds- white wine, cloves and thyme and pepper smells mixed with meaty/stew, like the male. It's more malawi gold dominant with some "Pinot Noir" influence. Despite being pollenated during stress testing it didn't produce any mature seeds or intersex traits, so I know just give it a bigger pot and it won't yellow out, the male is a nitrogen hog too. Neither despite being rootbound/stress produced low quality resins or intersex traits so f2's are being made post- stress test.IMG_20231031_184951.jpg harvest day coloration,
IMG_20231017_150953.jpg this is another pheno I made seeds with, very strong red wine flavor and smell, very smooth smoking too, not the strongest though. IMG_20231031_184634.jpg
And the second I made seeds with, but this one is not as euphoric and shorter duration about 1.5 hrs of effect, it kills appetite and it's extremely functional and puts a grin on your face almost immediately. I liked the structure and terps. Maybe f2's come out good. Used this male- IMG_20231209_064655.jpg sticky resinous mango funky male.

Last edited:

Shua1991

Really Active Member
Nice specimens vato
How long do they need to veg before they start showing their gender/ fully mature?
Around 6-7 weeks most females will be expressed, males around week 5-6 but it's dependent on a few factors, the bigger the root system can get the faster the plant can mature, if you keep them in small containers the sativas grow slowly and stretchy after rootbound, and may autoflower, none of the males I selected have the rootbound/autoflower trait. I find these do well after their first harvest. 2 harvests in and the smoke is more potent on the second harvest, maybe because I took them a week longer at 12 weeks.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Around 6-7 weeks most females will be expressed, males around week 5-6 but it's dependent on a few factors, the bigger the root system can get the faster the plant can mature, if you keep them in small containers the sativas grow slowly and stretchy after rootbound, and may autoflower, none of the males I selected have the rootbound/autoflower trait. I find these do well after their first harvest. 2 harvests in and the smoke is more potent on the second harvest, maybe because I took them a week longer at 12 weeks.
when i was about 18 a guy i known for a couple years. came by one day and left a leaf said it was col. gold said that it would be after the frost flew. before he would harvest.i put that leaf on a lampshade with a thick coat of shlack,cops took that. i never heard from him again!?did'nt live 25 miles away,never heard of the law geting him or any plants still don't know what the he'll happened !at that time he was driveing a 65 chevy 2 with a stroker motor in it, had cheater slicks on the rear and needed them takeing off.
The window is 10 weeks to about 13 for the heavy sativa leaning plants, a few early 8-9 week phenotypes exist but they're so rare you need to grow hundreds to find a few. The best plants From my experience are 10-12 week window.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That's a pollen sack from the male pictured, very similar structure when they flower out, depending on where they lean, the malawi male I used to make this wasn't as "endowed" but this has similar structure to a few potent phenotypes (2+hrs effect) that I really enjoy, stimulating and euphoric, but too much and you will be stuck in your own headtrip. View attachment 133342 this one produces a strong main cola and has high yield potentialView attachment 133343this one too, but I didn't use it because it produced bananas at the last week of flowerView attachment 133344 this is the female I used to make seeds- white wine, cloves and thyme and pepper smells mixed with meaty/stew, like the male. It's more malawi gold dominant with some "Pinot Noir" influence. Despite being pollenated during stress testing it didn't produce any mature seeds or intersex traits, so I know just give it a bigger pot and it won't yellow out, the male is a nitrogen hog too. Neither despite being rootbound/stress produced low quality resins or intersex traits so f2's are being made post- stress test.View attachment 133346 harvest day coloration,
View attachment 133349 this is another pheno I made seeds with, very strong red wine flavor and smell, very smooth smoking too, not the strongest though. View attachment 133347
And the second I made seeds with, but this one is not as euphoric and shorter duration about 1.5 hrs of effect, it kills appetite and it's extremely functional and puts a grin on your face almost immediately. I liked the structure and terps. Maybe f2's come out good. Used this male- View attachment 133350 sticky resinous mango funky male.
you grow those like you were rasied with them around!you have some really good looking males to work with, who sells those beans? if you don't mind saying!

Last edited:

Shua1991

Really Active Member
you grow those like you were rasied with them around!you have some really good looking males to work with, who sells those beans? if you don't mind saying!
I am a private breeder, I just select what gives me the best medicinal value, this line was using a (Plushberry x Cuvee f2) mother as the base, potent indica with mood boosting + pain suppression/medicinal hashplant.

I haven't started selling any of these seeds as they're polyhybrids/f1 generation, too many phenotypes, I plan to release the f3 generation to market once I have my desired chemotypes semi-stabilized. I'm looking for wake and bake stimulant sativa with a strong physical effect too, with hunger suppressing effects from the THCV and ocular sensitivity from CBG.

I used Golden Tiger as the father for this variety, it is made up of African landrace sativa "killer malawi" and a landrace Thai, it has several high THCV chemotypes which provides a stimulating appetite suppressing, satiety effect, some chemotypes with high CBG, which aids the "trippy visuals" type of effects some sativas provide. It's hard to get everything in one plant as the "entourage-effect" makes things complicated, I'm basing my selections on their effects in the end and not raw numbers or cannabinoids tests.

IMG_20231223_015140.jpgIMG_20231223_015100.jpg

Shua1991

Really Active Member
IMG_20231231_132101.jpg

This male is one of a few I've seen produce full headed trichomes, sticky stems and dumps a dark almost brownish pollen, it will be my final selection for making f2's.

It smells like red wine beef stew aka "Bourguignon" and has the most malawi characteristics of all the males, including the killer resin.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I am a private breeder, I just select what gives me the best medicinal value, this line was using a (Plushberry x Cuvee f2) mother as the base, potent indica with mood boosting + pain suppression/medicinal hashplant.

I haven't started selling any of these seeds as they're polyhybrids/f1 generation, too many phenotypes, I plan to release the f3 generation to market once I have my desired chemotypes semi-stabilized. I'm looking for wake and bake stimulant sativa with a strong physical effect too, with hunger suppressing effects from the THCV and ocular sensitivity from CBG.

I used Golden Tiger as the father for this variety, it is made up of African landrace sativa "killer malawi" and a landrace Thai, it has several high THCV chemotypes which provides a stimulating appetite suppressing, satiety effect, some chemotypes with high CBG, which aids the "trippy visuals" type of effects some sativas provide. It's hard to get everything in one plant as the "entourage-effect" makes things complicated, I'm basing my selections on their effects in the end and not raw numbers or cannabinoids tests.

View attachment 133560View attachment 133561
f1 do'nt scare me at all ,i've grown plenty of em over the years!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 133778

This male is one of a few I've seen produce full headed trichomes, sticky stems and dumps a dark almost brownish pollen, it will be my final selection for making f2's.

It smells like red wine beef stew aka "Bourguignon" and has the most malawi characteristics of all the males, including the killer resin.
sounds like you found ,the hunted 1
f1 do'nt scare me at all ,i've grown plenty of em over the years!
how many seeds did that make? the med side you are trying to get to ,i hope it works right a bunch of we old people have need of seeds!with the right kind of kick!
, to me i tend to like a good malawie southern part of the country ,is what i understood they came from , it don't bother me how many weeks 11 or 18

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
You're growing some nice looking flowers there.
I grew out and bred a male and female Plushberry from Subcool about 10 or 12 years ago. Best grape smoke I've ever tasted to this day.
Wasn't strong but the taste was all the way to end.
Where have all these flavors gone?
There's not enough of any one terp, in high enough ratios, to keep the flavor profile.
You got a bunch of terps with barely enough to register, with a shit ton of thc,
then turns into a scented pc of cardboard when ignited.
There's a few good combinations today, but not many.
I wished I had bought more of Subcool's seed while he was alive.

D

Deleted member 60

But it's FROSTY, man. That's all that matters. >sarcasm<

Yeah...we get it...but like ya say @NoWaistedSpace ...where's the terps...and the mind-bending high?

No doubt...I like where this is going and that someone is actually working with plants rather than just spraying plants. It's all getting pretty old. (hat)

Thanks for sharing your efforts.