Staking

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Some reason , prob cause I run indicas alot but I had never had to support till esos beans started flowering. I top early and tie everything down when I flip
So I actually just tied each branch to each other and it stayed up 😁

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Some reason , prob cause I run indicas alot but I had never had to support till esos beans started flowering. I top early and tie everything down when I flip
So I actually just tied each branch to each other and it stayed up 😁
Then you ran GMO and had your world shook!!

And to OP: I stake with bamboo but try to choose the skinny sticks at the grow shop haha!

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
In a recent HB YouTube video after
The plants are up potted to a 9” square Potts he has his stake positioned at 1 corner of the square pot. The plants I veg from grodan cubes for almost 4 months filled a 10” pot fully with hair roots fully developed. I had up potted those 10” to 10 gallon pots for flower scrog . I can say honestly not one plant needed more than the 10”pott . At cutdown all (5)10 gallon potted plants pulled out by the stem left s perfect 10” pot hole space from the middle of the 10 gallon smart pots.
Listen to HB about the fast turnaround....... We Should be slamming stakes into 9” square pots by week 4 in flower Plants should be haulin butt for sure.... my self I’m going to keep the 18-20” plant spacing in flower he used in hydro
HB buckets. I will not Scrog any of his strains as it not required if I cN keep the growth speed from stalling due to watering/feed issues which gets easily solved growing HB single strain 😊👍. Watch the video he pulls theplantbout showing. Roots and stake .

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just curious about everyone's staking technique. Do you prefer yo yos ? I never wanted to stake into a full pot and damage roots etc.
as long as you don't put the stake right beside the stem you won't hurt roots. You have to jam it in to let the roots help hold the stake up :)

If I have a tall plant it's a bamboo stake. I secure everything to the stake with garden wire and hooks made out of rubber-coated wire.

If I have smaller plants it's the bamboo skewers and I do individual limbs.