Solo Cup auto's

Dr Evil

I finished my grow in December and took down the tent for the winter but just for the fun of it I'm growing some plants for a Solo Cup Auto Challenge (RIU).

I'm just using four 23 watt CFL bulbs and a 19 watt LED grow strip (which was bought for growing herbs and flowers).

Had a few issues as my room was too cold.

IMG_2442.JPG

These are hempy with 100% perlite with a soil cap & core.

IMG_2457.JPG

My killer 19 watt LED (from Crappy Tire)
IMG_2459.JPG

Yesterday, they got their first taste of sunshine

IMG_2483.JPG

The two of the left are getting GH MaxiBloom and the two on the right are getting Dyna Gro Foliage Pro.

I'm just playing around with the DG to see how it works with hempy

I removed the soil caps as I'm having issues with algae due to the cooler temps, but it's still an ongoing issue.
IMG_2485.JPG

My temps are starting to improve...about 75F now
IMG_2491.JPG

Dr Evil

I remember like 10yrs go I tried a CFL grow, it worked but man was the bud airy, you taking them to flower with this light set up?
Likely yes, as they aren't worth it to fire up the 315 CMH to finish.

I'll give them as much sunshine as I can, which will help a bit.

So end of grow, maybe 10 grams each, and agree they will be fluffy but this grow is just for fun as I have more than enough MJ in jars

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The gals seem to be doing okay

View attachment 108907

the line up
View attachment 108908

We have been getting a few sunny days, the gals always enjoy suntanning for a few hours
View attachment 108909

View attachment 108910

View attachment 108911

week 8
View attachment 108912

More sunny days
View attachment 108913

I added a base with rocks to stabilize as they are tipsy when moving around
View attachment 108914
I remember seeing your threads over at RUI when I was active there. All I can think of when I see them is you make window growing look so easy and have probably let down so many new growers when they think they can just plop their plants in front of a window. You have a serious green thumb.

Dr Evil

I remember seeing your threads over at RUI when I was active there. All I can think of when I see them is you make window growing look so easy and have probably let down so many new growers when they think they can just plop their plants in front of a window. You have a serious green thumb.
Thanks, but I will say it's not easy but rather an incredible amount of dedication as the plants have to be constantly moved around to get into the direct sunshine.

The more time spent on fiddling around to get the direct sunshine results in a bigger better plant.

2020 was my best year because COVID lockdowns resulted in lots of time to babysit the plants

below is a few previous sunshine grows

IMG_1232.JPG

P7300003 (2).JPG

P8020002.JPG

P9140002.JPG

PA200007.JPG

DSC01438.JPG

2012 - this was my first plant, grown in soil with no nutes....produced 17 grams and got me hooked on growing
DSC00433.JPG

Last edited:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Thanks, but I will say it's not easy but rather an incredible amount of dedication as the plants have to be constantly moved around to get into the direct sunshine.

The more time spent on fiddling around to get the direct sunshine results in a bigger better plant.

2020 was my best year because COVID lockdowns resulted in lots of time to babysit the plants

below is a few previous sunshine grows

View attachment 108994

View attachment 108995

View attachment 108996

View attachment 108997

View attachment 108998

View attachment 108999

2012 - this was my first plant, grown in soil with no nutes....produced 17 grams and got me hooked on growing
View attachment 109000
That's the point I was trying to make. You make it look easy when it's far from easy.