Slowdrawls mixed bag

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thx Z I've used them a few times over the years.
I was actually thinking a liquid would be a faster response than top dressing.
I've top dressed Flower Girl and castings 3 times in the last 6 wks, maybe that's not enough.
I like taking a handfull of castings and maybe a little bit of craft blend or some other meat-&-potatoes top dressing and tossing them in a bucket of water and just stirring it up real well. Depending on what you water with you can dump that through a strainer then use the chunky bits as a top-dress anyway. I don't like doing long-bubble teas since the water-borne microbial life will thrive and the soil ones won't, and I'm putting it back in soil. Just a good energetic stir that leeches a lot of goodies out of the top-dress stuff instead of it being watered in gradually.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I like taking a handfull of castings and maybe a little bit of craft blend or some other meat-&-potatoes top dressing and tossing them in a bucket of water and just stirring it up real well. Depending on what you water with you can dump that through a strainer then use the chunky bits as a top-dress anyway. I don't like doing long-bubble teas since the water-borne microbial life will thrive and the soil ones won't, and I'm putting it back in soil. Just a good energetic stir that leeches a lot of goodies out of the top-dress stuff instead of it being watered in gradually.
That's a good idea, it has crossed my mind. I just wasn't sure of how long to soak, ratios and such.
I haven't done teas for 4 or 5 years now. Used to do the whole organic gambit for my outdoor crops.
Since moving to the southern Washington coast my outdoor has become indoor.
I like a rich amendment to my soil initially, with a few top dressings along the way.
I can usually maintain a water only grow with a normal 10 wk finish.
Did find some Fertilome 5-1-1 locally, so I just give em a dose of that.
Hopefully get rid of the chlorosis they are showing.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm getting anxious for these 2 to finish up, been 95 days.
Not really noticing much change yet from the dose of fertilome I gave them.
They're showing some foxtailing and still putting out white stigmas.
Buds are showing better than 50% cloudy trichs.
Plants are looking kinda ragged at this point.
When I decide to run more long flowering sativas again, gonna need bigger pots for more soil to accommodate.

20220804_071910.jpg

couple lowers
20220804_071956-crop.jpg20220804_071945-crop.jpg

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I'm getting anxious for these 2 to finish up, been 95 days.
Not really noticing much change yet from the dose of fertilome I gave them.
They're showing some foxtailing and still putting out white stigmas.
Buds are showing better than 50% cloudy trichs.
Plants are looking kinda ragged at this point.
When I decide to run more long flowering sativas again, gonna need bigger pots for more soil to accommodate.

View attachment 117994

couple lowers
View attachment 117997View attachment 117995
I chose to feed my landraces with bottled nutes because they were getting hungry and I couldn’t play catch-up with dry amendments. My organic game still needs work

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Just passed the 14 wk mark on these two.
The short one is getting close, showing some amber trichs with predominant cloudy.
It appears their health is declining no matter what I do.
As bad as they look I'm not giving any more nutes.
One more week on the short one, maybe 2 on the donkey dick plant.
I'm just gonna look past the fact that they are still pushing out white pistils.

20220808_085553.jpg20220808_085451.jpg20220808_085601.jpg20220808_085444.jpg

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Just passed the 14 wk mark on these two.
The short one is getting close, showing some amber trichs with predominant cloudy.
It appears their health is declining no matter what I do.
As bad as they look I'm not giving any more nutes.
One more week on the short one, maybe 2 on the donkey dick plant.
I'm just gonna look past the fact that they are still pushing out white pistils.

View attachment 118177View attachment 118180View attachment 118178View attachment 118179
smoke report after a good cure , please!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
For sure, I'm anxious to get to that point. Should be some killer sativa smoke!
Need a bit of a break from growing, time to focus on putting some salmon in the freezer.
stripes ,cats and carp then it's feather dove ,quail ,turkey ,deer is the long season for me.

Last edited:

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
stripes ,cats and carp then it's feather dove ,quail ,turkey ,deer is the long season for me.
That kinda talk make me miss Oklahoma a bit, grew up with all of that
Until I think about the heat, humidity, tornados, ticks, chiggers, scorpions, cottonmouths, copperheads, rattlers etc.
Moved here to the PNW in 75 after my stint with the army, love it here!
Now I fish for these....

Red Tail surf perch
20200601_103837.jpg

Coho
_DSC0026-crop.JPG

Sturgeon
Daves Fish 001.jpg

Albacore
Daves Fish 007.jpg

Cutthroat
Daves Fish 011 - Copy.jpg

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Well I finally chopped one of the CC at wk 15. Giving the other a week or so to finish.
I don't remember any of my plants looking this bad at harvest.
I was thinking they needed a bit of nitrogen because they were yellowing so badly.

Now I feel I might have promoted the foxtailing, and shouldn't have give em the 5-1-1.
Trimmed off most of the dying and crappy looking leaves.

Nice solid main cola on this one, I'm happy with the trich stages.
Last pic I took of the live plant was 5 days ago.
With the exception of the new foxtailing she looked even more shitty at harvest.

20220808_085601.jpg

20220812_155719-crop.jpg

20220812_160702.jpg

The humidity here has spiked quite a bit, had to break out my dehuey to get good drying conditions.
These buds are so thick and solid need to make sure I give em a good dry and cure.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Well I finally chopped one of the CC at wk 15. Giving the other a week or so to finish.
I was thinking they needed a bit of nitrogen because they were yellowing so badly.

Now I feel I might have promoted the foxtailing, and shouldn't have give em the 5-1-1.

With the exception of the new foxtailing she looked even more shitty at harvest.

View attachment 118430

View attachment 118428

View attachment 118431

The humidity here has spiked quite a bit, had to break out my dehuey to get good drying conditions.
These buds are so thick and solid need to make sure I give em a good dry and cure.
have to watch close do'nt want black mold in the center of big ,dense bud

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Like literal meat and potatoes.... 😆 no really. Compost?
I recently killed some shit using a tea too late into its life. Its only good for 72 hrs @ the most

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Like literal meat and potatoes.... 😆 no really. Compost?
I recently killed some shit using a tea too late into its life. Its only good for 72 hrs @ the most
Meat and potatoes as in actual plant food. If I do a barley sprout tea it is beneficial because of the enzymes, but the plants don't get much food out of it unless I dump the ground up barley on the soil and the worms work it.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member

View attachment 118430

View attachment 118428

View attachment 118431

That tree is purdy