Show off your frosty girls

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Some plants just don't know when/how to die under 12/12 because of "equatorial" heritage in their genes.
Have you asked "coco or hydro" growers if they get white hairs late in flower?
The equatorial thing may have a part in it, and no, because those people are feeding their plants intraveinously and are almost always picking a date to cut back or stop feeding. They are making the decisions, not the plant.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Think of all of the plants with Skunk #1 in their genetics background and where those landraces came from. White hairs...red hairs...it's all in there and can come out at any time...indoors or out. Fast finishers are drawing on the northern sourced genetics in their background...the longer flowering plants are drawing on the more equatorial/southern traits. I've heard folks claim that subjecting a plant to "cold" (a relative term for where you live...LOL) will make it turn purple. I grow where a warm night is 60F in Summer....and they stay out there until it's freezing/so cold the plant is done. Had 40 plants+ last year out there. Maybe 1/3 of em turned colors. (leaves) The rest stayed green. Very few red hairs anywhere. Lotsa white. Cold as shit at night.

Yup...genetics.
I average 1/2 and 1/2 turn purple. Some of them, entire bud turns deep, dark, purple.
Others stay green as hell, a few might get a rusty color on fans and sugar leaves and be lime green bud.
There's so much to all of the process.
We've only scratched the surface.
I love hearing other opinions, helps us all grow the forum.
At some point, I think we have become a threat to cannabis companies and dispensaries.
We basically are teaching people to grow their own shit and not depending on going to a certain place.
Sorry, I'm stoned, and changed subjects again.

Where's the pics?
I got them.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Nice looking stuff there man..id smoke it.. lol
Anyways,
Since we are on subject of green and purple phenos, it was mentioned in another members thread,
that any marijuana plant that expresess a green and purple pheno, that the green phenos WILL ALLWAYS be the most potent/best effects.....?

Is this a proven fact that i just had no clue existed? More professional bro-science?

Do u agree with that statement?

Myself, i think its just strain dependent... Ive had sum when the greener phenos was best..
But then others, where the purps was best..

Everyone's Thoughts?
Thx

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Is this a proven fact that i just had no clue existed? More professional bro-science?
This is anecdotal evidence, but proven by almost everyone that has grown a plant with both phenos.

Scientifically it probably has something to do with the anthocyanins present in the purple that aren't in the green. In a general sense it's just one more non-psychoactive compound that is in the plant. Like CBG or CBD or whatever. It has to replace something that was in the green one right? There may be science to back it up but we ain't that weed-scienced up yet.

D

Deleted member 60

Strain/plant dependent IMO. Genetics...again. If the purps aren't as stoney I haven't noticed it. Probably just tolerance here...LOL....but yeah...I've heard that bro-science as well.

In my world...it's fun to see plants go through their paces and turn colors/show their individual side because I just don't see any one strain/plant knocking my dick in the dirt simply because it's green, not purple. But hey...we all do it/see it differently. None of it is a deal killer.

Truth is...99% of the folks out there will be just as high off a j of purple pot as they will a j of green pot.