Sexing safety

Gilgamesh

So I had a seed that was feminized, it grew nicely but (possibly due to my error) it had a ton of seeds. It smoked fairly good so I took a bunch of good looking seeds and started germination. (50 seeds)
As I grow them out what’s the best way to prevent those pesky males from impregnating my girls?
I plan on keeping the best ones and making clones from there

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It smoked fairly good
So what are you thinking you'll find in the kids if the mom was "fairly good"? It'll be great fun growing all those out but there's straight up fire everywhere now. I don't know about everyone else, but I run lots of assorted stuff, some untested, and occasionally you'll get one that is fully seeded and you never saw a thing. Like the nanners were inside the flowers near the stem.

I hang on to those 'hemp' quality seeds for the hell of it, use them in sprout tea or something. But what I have been watching for is bean on the plants that were in the tent at the same time. Then you have pollen hitting a stable plant and you have a 50/50 shot that the seeds will be fine. That is a more worthy hunt I think. But not if the smoke was average.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lol sounds like I need to find some better genetics. I shoulda mentioned it was my very first grow and I expected less so I was happy, but yeah It probably won’t be worth it in the long run. Also every single seed sprouted so it’s overwhelming :ROFLMAO:
No worries. You found a place where a newbie won't get blasted for "stupid" questions. if smoke or no smoke is the question run those bitches into the ground, better than nothing. You can get a good pack of beans in the $40 range, some sell half packs now. A small investment and you can find one good female to take clones from. Same end result as popping those beans but from a plant you liked.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Lol sounds like I need to find some better genetics. I shoulda mentioned it was my very first grow and I expected less so I was happy, but yeah It probably won’t be worth it in the long run. Also every single seed sprouted so it’s overwhelming :ROFLMAO:
It is important to remember everything has a beginning. So everyone here at one time was like you, only difference is there was no such thing as the internet then for a lot of us. Just the library and those with more exp and of course the grow shop guys and you’ll soon find out they’re mostly full of shit, lol.