Seedling growth rate ?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have 3 seedling same strain Bison Breath germinated Jan 4th but one is seriously behind the other two all came up same day all in same soil. Any insight to why? View attachment 82291thank you in advance!
The stem started to rot at ground level, maybe you noticed it "leaning" like "Tower of Piza"? lol
If that is what happened, it choked the upflow of nutrients.
Am I right?
Maybe if it was damaged, it wasn't able to uptake water and stunted for lack of oxygen.
Did you let it sprout then plant or "dry to ground"?
Could have damaged it by helping it out of its shell or pinched the root tip off.
I'm going with "ground rot" for 200.
lol

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Green and vertical I usually keep them. But this far behind, I figure you can't mess it up. I'd check it. Dump it like you were going to re-pot it and see what's up. If there are no roots around the botttom of the cup, bust it apart and see where they are. Be gentle because the top looks healthy. I might try putting it in drier soil and let it go for a day or two without watering to see what happens

The stem started to rot at ground level, maybe you noticed it "leaning" like "Tower of Piza"? lol
Am I right?
Maybe if it was damaged, it wasn't able to uptake water and stunted for lack of oxygen.
Could have damaged it by helping it out of its shell or pinched the root tip off.
lol
24 he soak till shell slip then rapid rooter plug
Am I right?
lol
It looks healthy I did a 24 hr soak till shell split then in rapid rooter plug till a root came barely out then in soil. 26423C5C-78AA-4BBB-90CD-B6AD63928E41.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
24 he soak till shell slip then rapid rooter plug

It looks healthy I did a 24 hr soak till shell split then in rapid rooter plug till a root came barely out then in soil. View attachment 82316
It looks moist, and I assume you haven't been adding more water if it wasn't drinking it - has it been drinking? If I had to guess, there was a hiccup with the roots. They can feed the plant and keep it alive but if they stop growing the plant does too. Just like sticking a clone stem in water keeps it alive with no roots.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am having that issue now with some clones. They weren't drinking in the cups well so I put them in dry soil 2 days ago. Most didn't have very good follicles on the taproots. So they are in sink or swim mode now so I don't have to continue messing with problem children. I put a bit of water around the outer edge tonight, but the 2 days didn't kill them. I am hoping the couch-potato roots all went out looking for the hot-pockets mom wasn't bringing them anymore :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1791.JPG

It looks moist, and I assume you haven't been adding more water if it wasn't drinking it - has it been drinking? If I had to guess, there was a hiccup with the roots. They can feed the plant and keep it alive but if they stop growing the plant does too. Just like sticking a clone stem in water keeps it alive with no roots.
That makes perfect sense! Thank you

And it was just watered a tad there’s the moist part.

Remember that somewhere right now theres a cloner going with a bunch of roots in air, just getting misted. A little water can be too much for seedlings.
It only gets a minut bit of water to keep moist not wet I don’t think it’s a moisture problem they all get the same amount at the same time other two are fine.