Seed banks that buy crosses?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
It’s obvious you are talking about me, but you’re taking out your ass. I never “licked his ass” (whatever the fuck that even means), I also never talked him up (because I have never known who he is), and I’m not mouthing now. I’m pointing out observations and nothing more. You just can’t help yourself from trying to stir up drama, can you?
We are one "small" happy family on here. Can't you just feel the love emanating from this forum? lol

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
It’s obvious you are talking about me, but you’re taking out your ass. I never “licked his ass” (whatever the fuck that even means), I also never talked him up (because I have never known who he is), and I’m not mouthing now. I’m pointing out observations and nothing more. You just can’t help yourself from trying to stir up drama, can you?
How can anyone lick his ass when hydro reds Johnson is occupying the space?

Wumbo

I said it earlier, these seeds should be FREE for people to test for you. Without any journals online, these are UNTESTED. Lots of amazing growers around here that would test grow your gear and give you the feedback and documentation that you need in order to sell seeds.

Edit: You said it yourself @Wumbo, you have 30K seeds to get rid of. What's a couple 100 to giveaway for some proper test runs?
If any of you guys are interested in being a tester hit me up, there will be a few rules

1. You must have space and are willing to grow the testers immediately

2.Post updates regularly once or week or every other week

3. tag me when you start the beans
That’s all HMU if ur interested 👌

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
If any of you guys are interested in being a tester hit me up, there will be a few rules

1. You must have space and are willing to grow the testers immediately

2.Post updates regularly once or week or every other week

3. tag me when you start the beans
That’s all HMU if ur interested 👌
Yes, you need to get some "testers" running. That's how Heisen and the members do it.
We're all here to help each other.
Good luck!
That's a lot of seeds!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
What do you ask the testers for? Grow it and show pics when it’s done?
Most breeders ask for testers to journal the grow. The part of your requirement that most will balk at will be the “must be willing to grow the testers immediately”. A lot of growers have multiple tents going and could currently have one tent in veg, another in flower, and they might not have time to run yours for a couple of months.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
What do you ask the testers for? Grow it and show pics when it’s done?
Less than 1/2 actually grow them and document it. Some are in prohib states and can't show their work like others. And then, there are those you never hear of again.
That's how this goes.
The trick is to attract good growers so it gets the best representation of what you have.
Like I said before, you have to "earn it" in this forum.
Then you got us, "old farts" been growing longer than most you alls age.
We pretty much are "grandfather clause" in. lol
There is a wealth of experience and a lot of very talented individuals in this forum.
Not like the "other" grow forums.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Smoke reports and finished pics is good enough for me. Herm reports etc etc.
I think asking someone to dedicate a grow journal to your plants is a little much, as is asking for specific timeframes on updates, or really anything that someone can not do and piss you off. Remember who grows them and send those people more. Remember who doesn't and don't. Build a group of reliable testers - doesn't have to be large if they are consistent. Remember, these are mostly stoners you're dealing with! 🤪

@Wumbo - I already run testers and it's a great gig. I get some free, get deals on some tried and true stuff, and return the favor by growing whatever he asks. He also doesn't ask much. You have to find the right people and you have to realize that your beans aren't their life. If you have great stuff word spreads. If you send out jacked up herm-fests that word spreads too.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I thought more about this, and if I was a breeder that wanted to build a herd of testers I would look for the hobby/personal use grower.

Watch the threads on whichever forum for people that post often.

Growing plants well is secondary - if you are good you can help them along with advice. So look for the newb that is trying.

Growing costs money even at the closet level. The guy begging for free beans might not be the one you're looking for.
(doesn't mean that isn't the best person for the job though. It's about their priorities)

Don't count on those testers as future customers. Count on them as future testers. Feed them beans.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hobby growers because it won't be a tough ask to get them to grow a plant or three. Probably more interested in trying anything you send, rather than finding their perfect "for sale" strain and running bulk, and clones of those, etc.

You send a 10-pack of beans to 10 people. How much does that 100 beans cost you - really...
If you get one reliable grower that is into it. Send them more.
The other 9 might still be customers if they liked what you sent them so don't piss them off being a breeder-tyrant.

Take that one under your wing and then send out 100 more beans to 10 more people...

Last edited:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Hobby growers because it won't be a tough ask to get them to grow a plant or three. Probably more interested in trying anything you send, rather than finding their perfect "for sale" strain and running bulk, and clones of those, etc.

You send a 10-pack of beans to 10 people. How much does that 100 beans cost you - really...
If you get one reliable grower that is into it. Send them more.
The other 9 might still be customers if they liked what you sent them so don't piss them off being a breeder-tyrant.

Take that one under your wing and then send out 100 more beans to 10 more people...
Hobby growers also tend to keep track of a lot more information, too.