Sealed room.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
What's it take?
I have been using an air to air for winter venatalation, cooling and bringing in dry air.
Summer it's not going to work. Too hot and wet incomming air.

I just installed an older window A/C. Grow is in a loft. The heat vents to my shop where I usually need some heat anyway, no stink, it uses a separate fan/shop air for the condenser. The A/C does a good job of cooling and removing some humidity but it's not removing enough water. Im guessing I need to run a Dehumidifyer as well? What's the norm?

Opie1

Master Grower
What's it take?
I have been using an air to air for winter venatalation, cooling and bringing in dry air.
Summer it's not going to work. Too hot and wet incomming air.

I just installed an older window A/C. Grow is in a loft. The heat vents to my shop where I usually need some heat anyway, no stink, it uses a separate fan/shop air for the condenser. The A/C does a good job of cooling and removing some humidity but it's not removing enough water. Im guessing I need to run a Dehumidifyer as well? What's the norm?
What size room?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Well it’s a couple small rooms connected total about 12x12. I have a veg and a flower area. Veg has a couple small fans that exchange air with the flow. room. AC and air to air are on the flower room.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
My thought is if its sealed, you need c02. I think it is easier to bring in a small amount of fresh air, "temper" it or condition it. The math behind how many air exchanges and how to go about it is beyond me. I am building a room now, ill use tents, I plan to pull a small amount of air from my garage and exhaust it outside, with a mini split and a dehumidifier in the room. The fresh air does 2 things, brings in fresh air and c02 as well as keeps negative pressure in the room, which will keep the smells out of the garage.

Subscribed, interested to see what answers. you get here.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I guess I should have said mostly sealed LOL I do plan on bringing in a small amount of fresh in but relying on A/C and a dehumidifier for control. I may have to run a different humidistat for my dehy. It has a pretty wide on-off setting. I am running a different controller on my AC so I can controlled more precise and have a timed off after running so it can’t start loaded.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I guess I should have said mostly sealed LOL I do plan on bringing in a small amount of fresh in but relying on A/C and a dehumidifier for control. I may have to run a different humidistat for my dehy. It has a pretty wide on-off setting. I am running a different controller on my AC so I can controlled more precise and have a timed off after running so it can’t start loaded.
You need cooling to dehumidify, then you need a dehumidifier to dehumidify more than the ac can do. Then the ac needs to work more to cool the hot air the dehumidifier puts off. What a cycle haha

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Ya efficiency at its finest. I’m thinking modding an AC in the future so I can reject heat or return it (dehy mode) one unit doing both. I just picked up 3 window and 2 portable AC units for 40$ and most work. The one portable has a different pump Rotary? may use that one with one evaporator in the grow room and 2 or 3 condensers. Ultimately one in the grow room one to add heat one in the shop and one outside. Rejecting heat to the atmosphere in the winter is just wrong when I can use it LOL.