Sammys deficiency factory

SammyG

Hey guys. It would seem I made an account here late last year, I must’ve been super tired and/or high as I don’t remember it in the slightest! Anyways here’s where I’m currently at this run. This is my 3rd grow overall so take it easy on me! :)

cannarado socks week 6-7ish (i should probably write down the date i flip next time lol)
E0A58C96-CF6A-42F8-A15D-AB95CDACF9D4.jpeg
848D8408-28DC-4FDC-BC2A-F1E113AB1AD9.jpeg23B1BB8F-06CA-473C-BBA9-D58A74BE4E55.jpeg

SammyG

As you can tell I’m having all sorts of problems late flower, i think I’ve dialed it down to an Mg and/or K deficiency or lockout from what i believe to be excess calcium (i added gypsum and then things went south)

VAHomegrown

As you can tell I’m having all sorts of problems late flower, i think I’ve dialed it down to an Mg and/or K deficiency or lockout from what i believe to be excess calcium (i added gypsum and then things went south)
For your third grow I would just keep doing what your doing and make corrections next run. They look good for the flowering stage they are in & the slight difficiences/excess shouldn't be a major issue. I would just give water + micros or something similar until finish if you are in soil. Biomin Magnesium is a good product that doesn't calcium or nitrogen that can slow down bud development in late flower.

SammyG

For your third grow I would just keep doing what your doing and make corrections next run. They look good for the flowering stage they are in & the slight difficiences/excess shouldn't be a major issue. I would just give water + micros or something similar until finish if you are in soil. Biomin Magnesium is a good product that doesn't calcium or nitrogen that can slow down bud development in late flower.
I appreciate the recommendations! I was honestly scratching my head at an organic magnesium nutrient. Epsom salt is one i read about but since i added the gypsum i was worried i would end up with some sort of sulfur toxicity if i used them both.. my luck lol.

She’s going on a plain water diet until chop, thankfully this is just personal smoke so a few ugly leaves won’t hurt anything(y)

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I was going to say something similar to what @VAHomegrown said, but I’m only on my second grow, and I really didn’t want to give any second-rate advice. It seems these plants really give it everything they have to make flowers, and by the end of flower the leaves really take a hit. Looks like they’ll make it to the finish line.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You are talking about
I appreciate the recommendations! I was honestly scratching my head at an organic magnesium nutrient.
two things here. If you want to grow completely organic it's not hard and it's the healthiest plants with the least effort I have had. The biggest part of making it simple is having your own worm bin. You can feed the worms plants, fruits, or veggies that are high in a lot of nutrients. In the pot the plant sorts out what it wants.

Thing #2 is that fresh castings can fix a lot. I have worms in my 5g pots, a cover crop, some rice hull mulch, and all the beneficial predators that are part of the castings. It is full spring where I am, everything is blooming and the bugs are everywhere and I haven't seen a thing in the tents.

VAHomegrown

You are talking about

two things here. If you want to grow completely organic it's not hard and it's the healthiest plants with the least effort I have had. The biggest part of making it simple is having your own worm bin. You can feed the worms plants, fruits, or veggies that are high in a lot of nutrients. In the pot the plant sorts out what it wants.

Thing #2 is that fresh castings can fix a lot. I have worms in my 5g pots, a cover crop, some rice hull mulch, and all the beneficial predators that are part of the castings. It is full spring where I am, everything is blooming and the bugs are everywhere and I haven't seen a thing in the tents.
HAF is 100% spot on about earth worm castings (EWC) They are about as close to a cure-all for cannabis difficiences & pest issues.

SammyG

I use plenty of castings just not fresh homemade ones. It would be nice for my wallet so I might look into starting a worm bin! Thanks for the reply’s guys.

I started a new batch of seeds a couple days ago, so far 3/4 have popped above the soil and the 4th is germinated but taking a bit longer to emerge. Both are from covert genetics, blue cups are “i80” and the green cups are “NOS”

470C1A5A-9CD4-4F91-9127-EB5E474E2E4F.jpeg

Just some photos i snapped earlier when i was being nosey in the tent
2D711DA7-160A-4CD3-9881-E821C1196263.jpeg658BB35B-96BC-47FE-9A96-B7900AB6B688.jpeg
this leaf has always been the unhealthiest looking one. Starting to get some purpling but it still looks yellow and sad lol
52C95833-B515-4014-B62A-56B46EB0910C.jpeg

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A worm bin can be a tub with drainage. Not sure your budget or other requirements. I caught a sale and spent $100 on a prefab worm bin set up that I am happy with. It's a grid-bottom tray that stacks. I kept an eye out for another closeout sale and got a second a few months ago. Trying for one that's got veg stuff and one that's for flower. I found some sturdy trays for them (dorm fridge trays) to protect the carpet. Other than an adjustment period where I screwed up and there was a mass exodus it's just a piece of furniture.
IMG_0072.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you have a yard you can catch worms. Layer of old potting soil, layer of worm food and a piece of wet cardboard on top. Give it a few days and keep the cardboard moist and you should have a small herd. And kept well they breed like mad. It can be done on the cheap but it does become another thing to check on. I think it's a good time investment.

SammyG

If you have a yard you can catch worms. Layer of old potting soil, layer of worm food and a piece of wet cardboard on top. Give it a few days and keep the cardboard moist and you should have a small herd. And kept well they breed like mad. It can be done on the cheap but it does become another thing to check on. I think it's a good time investment.
Does the type of worm matter? I thought there’s a specific type of worm that’s better than others. I’ve only ever seen massive earthworms around my place lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Does the type of worm matter? I thought there’s a specific type of worm that’s better than others. I’ve only ever seen massive earthworms around my place lol
You need red wigglers, but if you have earthworms you have those too. The trick is that you put out grains or fruit & veggie scraps ground up. A worm that will come and eat that is the worm you want. whatever it looks like.

SammyG

Or you can buy a box from Uncle Jim's Worm Farm and let them breed. I did both.
Sweet man thanks for all the info. I looked into some local worm farms and think i found one that I’ll be checking out. Seems like the guy also sells worms and “bin kits” so i might just get something going this year. I appreciate it!

looks like he grows his own comfrey and then feeds that back to his worms, i like that!