Sainty's heavenly plants.. hopefully.. or Sainty turns Satanic

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
G'day you bunch of good cunts..

Just going to put it out there, I'm a shitty new grower 🤣 but I'm slowly learning and hopefully y'all can help me out here and there as needed.. I know there is a shit load of knowledge here, that I severely lack.

But enough about me and my shit, get to the good stuff..
So I'm rocking two tents.. a 6x6x6ft in the garage and a cute little 1.6x1.6x3.2 in the bedroom cupboard..

Using 100% coco
Nutes are canna a+b with pk13/14 as needed
Been feeding around .8EC but thinking I should bump it up a little..

The little tent has a Mama Mia and Jack Herer that are just hitting week 3 of flower.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions..?

Mama Mia
20190415_181557.jpg20190415_181625.jpg

Jack Herer20190415_181650.jpg20190415_181650.jpg
I'm thinking I should have lollipopped them.. Is it to late now?
Am having issues with humidity spikes after lights out, hitting mid 70% some nights.. need a mini dehumidifier but funds are tight with all the personal drama..
Anyone ever diy'd a dehuey?

Keif Lint

Grower and a Shower

Just going to put it out there, I'm a shitty new grower 🤣 but I'm slowly learning and hopefully y'all can help me out here and there as needed.. I know there is a shit load of knowledge here, that I severely lack.

So I'm rocking two tents.. a 6x6x6ft in the garage and a cute little 1.6x1.6x3.2 in the bedroom cupboard..

Using 100% coco

The little tent has a Mama Mia and Jack Herer that are just hitting week 3 of flower.

Mama Mia
View attachment 3638View attachment 3639

Jack HererView attachment 3640View attachment 3641
Am having issues with humidity spikes after lights out, hitting mid 70% some nights.. need a mini dehumidifier but funds are tight with all the personal drama..
what exhaust you running? can you get more air flowing?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

Using 100% coco

Mama Mia
View attachment 3638View attachment 3639

Jack HererView attachment 3640View attachment 3641
I think you would be ok to trim some more right away though. I usually do a major trim 2 weeks into flowering. I tried buying on of the rely small dehumidifiers like 6"x 6"personal dehumidifier. That thing is worthless i could drool more than that thing would pull out of the air during lights out. You will have to address that humidity within the next week or two. Until you get that resolved keep lots of air movement on them especially during the dark period. Plenty of diy humidifiers not sure i have seen diy dehumidifiers. She looks nice and healthy mate.

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
what exhaust you running? can you get more air flowing?
Because of the small size of the tent, I'm using adjustable computer fans to exhaust and the same for air intake.. I looked at 4in fans but they are just huge overkill for the small tent + the missus might make a coin pouch outta my nutsack if I threw in noisy fans to the bedroom.. As you can imagine, I'm quite attached to my nutsack 🤣
I guess just more computer fans to try increase the airflow..

I think you would be ok to trim some more right away though. I usually do a major trim 2 weeks into flowering. I tried buying on of the rely small dehumidifiers like 6"x 6"personal dehumidifier. That thing is worthless i could drool more than that thing would pull out of the air during lights out. You will have to address that humidity within the next week or two. Until you get that resolved keep lots of air movement on them especially during the dark period. Plenty of diy humidifiers not sure i have seen diy dehumidifiers. She looks nice and healthy mate.
Okay cheers Capt, I figured it would probably be okay to trim but just paranoid about fucking up. Shoulda seen my last grow, disguisting..
These two plants have to produce something decent or the missus will have more ammo to shut it down 😥

Bugger about the dehumidifier.. was hoping for some secret of the trade lol.. I looked on fleabay and the price is astonishing for a dehuey..

Guess all I can do at the moment is increase the airflow and exhaust, big trim and cross my fingers..

So you guys think the plants look okay?
I'm still struggling to learn how to "read" them properly.

Apologies for the blurple light, never meant to post this one lol.. This is a rough look at the shed set-up, only just flipped the switch to 12/12..
20190411_233258.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Because of the small size of the tent, I'm using adjustable computer fans to exhaust and the same for air intake.. I looked at 4in fans but they are just huge overkill for the small tent + the missus might make a coin pouch outta my nutsack if I threw in noisy fans to the bedroom.. As you can imagine, I'm quite attached to my nutsack 🤣
I guess just more computer fans to try increase the airflow..

Okay cheers Capt, I figured it would probably be okay to trim but just paranoid about fucking up. Shoulda seen my last grow, disguisting..
These two plants have to produce something decent or the missus will have more ammo to shut it down 😥

Bugger about the dehumidifier.. was hoping for some secret of the trade lol.. I looked on fleabay and the price is astonishing for a dehuey..

Guess all I can do at the moment is increase the airflow and exhaust, big trim and cross my fingers..

So you guys think the plants look okay?
I'm still struggling to learn how to "read" them properly.

Apologies for the blurple light, never meant to post this one lol.. This is a rough look at the shed set-up, only just flipped the switch to 12/12..
View attachment 3670
Kinda hard to tell with the blurple on but what i can see they look fine to me. Don't use them much anymore but i grew some nice plants with my blurple lights. I got very close to a gram a watt with the Black dog led lights. Again until you get your humidity strait thin those plants out and keep good air flow on them. Weeks 6th thru till the end is the most dangerous for bud rot.

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Kinda hard to tell with the blurple on but what i can see they look fine to me. Don't use them much anymore but i grew some nice plants with my blurple lights. I got very close to a gram a watt with the Black dog led lights. Again until you get your humidity strait thin those plants out and keep good air flow on them. Weeks 6th thru till the end is the most dangerous for bud rot.
Yeah they are horrible for photos..Ill have to snap a few without them when I knock off..
Oddly enough the humidity in the sheds tent is staying more stable, around 50% it's got me stumped..

Would a.c. increase the humidity? I figured it wouldn't but.. who knows.

I'll give the mama and Jack a solid trim in the morning, don't want to experience bud rot, ever.

Appreciate the fast response guys..

I'll update as I plod along or more likely when I cock up and need a hand

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
A/C is how a dehumidifier works. Cool the air the water drops out. Only thing different is it warms the air back up. So yes. What is your house humidity? If it’s high it’s not going to do much to your closet.
Hmm bugger.. Never actually monitored the house humidity levels.. It seems I'm in for a struggle with this run then..
Maybe I'll wire in a few extra fans and have one or two kick on as the lights go out, seems to be when the humidity spikes..
Damn these stupid laws, be so much better to do an outside run

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Hmm bugger.. Never actually monitored the house humidity levels.. It seems I'm in for a struggle with this run then..
Maybe I'll wire in a few extra fans and have one or two kick on as the lights go out, seems to be when the humidity spikes..
Damn these stupid laws, be so much better to do an outside run
When your light go off the air in your closet cools. Cooler air holds less moisture. That’s why it goes up. Fans will help. If you have house AC lowering your house temp will lower house your humidity and help lower closet humidity. I would just look for a used dehumidifier, not sure about your country but they are quite available used, cheep hear.

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
View attachment 3688
wow showing my age there lol! Without knowing your full setup eg lights, exhaust and environment it's hard to say anything defo give us a run down on your setups. That's weird on the a/c mine dries the air out you must have high humidity in your house man.
Haha nah not age mate, life experience 🤘
Just using the one meizhi 300w in the little tent.. Have a computer fan as exhaust running thru 4inch duct to a carbon filter (or work clothes smell dank)
Have three passive intakes with 4inch duct and a few bends to stop light leaks.
Thinking after chatting with you guys that I might add a few more fans to really increase the airflow. Think I'll also drop one or two on the tent floor for even more air movement. After I give them a good trim once I get home.. Hopefully it makes some difference.

When your light go off the air in your closet cools. Cooler air holds less moisture. That’s why it goes up. Fans will help. If you have house AC lowering your house temp will lower house your humidity and help lower closet humidity. I would just look for a used dehumidifier, not sure about your country but they are quite available used, cheep hear.
Looks like I'll just be smashing the AC to try keep the entire house at a constant..
The dehumidifiers that I've come across are at least a few hundred bucks and no way the missus will be happy about that one. Why can't I find this shit to make my life easier haha
Have to keep searching for a used one I guess..

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Looks like you have room to move all your plants and lights into the 6x6 now its on 12 12? That might keep the plants and the missus happy. Focus on dialing in one grow area?
G'day mate yeah I did have a think about moving them to the 6x6 in the shed but im pretty keen on doing a run inside, just to see the difference that happens from the temp flucuations in the shed..
The shed is basic, concrete floor, no insulation and drafty as fuck. Shed temps can fluctuate from 29°C - down to 13°C.. Where as inside is more stable, around 23°C - 28°C..
Just one of my shitty experiments to keep me busy lol..

That reminds me, I got to get some updated photos in good light to chuck up here

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Thoughts, constructive criticism, feedback..?

Constructive: Build more lights, plants more beans, grow more dank. Lmfao.
Criticism: Friggin good stuff mang.

That's my 1 cent. Lol.
Looking really awesomesauce over there. 😁😁😁
Haha yeah cheers @Jesselikes2grow.. This is hands down my best run to date. I think I'm starting to get a better feel for the two plants and understand more about them in general.
I did get a bit heavy with the feed and burnt the tips of some fan leaves last week but they seem to be powering on.

I have been toying with the idea of trying to wrap my brain around the led side of things..
Would love to build a custom strip set up for my baby tent but alas I've not got the faintest idea where to start or what I need.. Technologically disabled I am 🤣

The plant more beans is an issue at the moment. Full blown phrobition country here so getting quality genetics is a struggle sometimes.
I have 1 Jack herer seed left tho, just need more space.

Also managed to find a small dehumidifier that should help keep my night time RH down in a more acceptable range.. now hurry up postman

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
So you bunch of good cunts.. here's a depressing update lol..
Had a few heat and humidity issues, at least that's what I'm guessing given the leaf curling almost shut on the mama mia.. The Jack herer seems to be holding out well. Ive burned them both a bit more than i wanted , never went above 1.3ec so that has me stumped. Just light feeders and rather a cooler temp I guess..

Here's the Jack Herer, no real growth but the buds are starting to swell up a little.20190514_150414.jpg20190514_150421.jpg

And the poor mama mia, she's looking pretty sad with those way beyond taco leafs turned in..
I'm guessing temp spikes and humidity lows..
Unless anyone thinks different.?
20190514_150458.jpg20190514_150508.jpg

The pots are well beyond root bound haha I should have snapped a photo..These are just tester for a new baby hidden grow that I'm in the works of planning