RO system and top-off res

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
So I am transitioning to hydro from soil. I am running some DWC buckets now, but am still getting my RDWC system set up perfectly.

It's basically heisen's system with a few small tweaks. But I was wondering, is it possible to hook up my RO system to the top off res with a float valve, and if so, what are the drawbacks, if any, to doing that?

MediGrow

doing that, you'll have to adjust directly in the epi, which can causes stress to the first plants... Also, you only put RO water with nothing in it, toping of from a topoff, you can adjust better so the system can drift slowly...

My systems use 40L each... which is 1/5 or the total gallons... Adding back nutrient in the epi would be a killing job :p

Also, if you want to adjust ph using ph+/- instead of more/less nuts, easier and better to achieve through the topoff. Again, less stress on first plants once you shoot the solution (even diluted) in the epi.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
doing that, you'll have to adjust directly in the epi, which can causes stress to the first plants... Also, you only put RO water with nothing in it, toping of from a topoff, you can adjust better so the system can drift slowly...

My systems use 40L each... which is 1/5 or the total gallons... Adding back nutrient in the epi would be a killing job :p

Also, if you want to adjust ph using ph+/- instead of more/less nuts, easier and better to achieve through the topoff. Again, less stress on first plants once you shoot the solution (even diluted) in the epi.
Yea, I want 2 float valves. One from my top off to the res, and one from my ro system to the top off. Sorry if i was confusing

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Thank you. Probably won't do it then, cuz it would just be diluting my system the entire time unless fresh nutes were going in to, and I don't have that kind of equipment lol

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
So I am transitioning to hydro from soil. I am running some DWC buckets now, but am still getting my RDWC system set up perfectly.

It's basically heisen's system with a few small tweaks. But I was wondering, is it possible to hook up my RO system to the top off res with a float valve, and if so, what are the drawbacks, if any, to doing that?
Thats how i had mine set up, i used a shut off valve and filled it when it got low,. I have since moved to a big barrel i keep full so i can mix the nutes in the barrel and fill the system and the top off res all the same time.

shimz

vapest
I got this how-to thing nearly done, but I had no idea it cost so much! If you get all the items I spec it's around $185! It will be cheaper if you have some of the items and you look around of course. Look for it in the next day or so in the how-to section. I have all the text, just need some more pics.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I got this how-to thing nearly done, but I had no idea it cost so much! If you get all the items I spec it's around $185! It will be cheaper if you have some of the items and you look around of course. Look for it in the next day or so in the how-to section. I have all the text, just need some more pics.
Thanks for taking the time to do this bro. Much appreciated