Ripening Taking Extra Time - 3x Cannarado

Hey Guys, and Gals,

I've been away for quite some time - working hard at work and in the garden.

I've got a DOHOxWC (freebie, reg), a Grape Dog D (fem) and a BDAY Banger (fem) all in my 3x3 and all at as of today 4/2 - 74 days of flower (Day one of 12/12 was 1/19)!

I've been checking since day 65-68 or so, I have mostly clear/cloudy trichomes at this point (74 days) with only a few glimpses of ambers. I usually wait until I see 3-4 amber heads out of 10-15 or so. These have anywhere from a 56-70 day flower range on the GDG and BDAY - nothing announced for the DOHOxWC as it was just a chuck em and sell/give away the seeds. I do know those ranges like all ranges are just generalized time frames of when they should finish ripening.

I am under a custom HLG QB build QB132's (4) at roughly 275 watts draw (not measuring this) based on where I have the potentiometer on the driver set. 3x3x80 tent, 240cfm ehaust fan running at about 1/2 speed exhausts through filter system of course, and supplemental oscillating fan inside the tent. Not sure if any of this matters, but figured someone might ask for all that lol.

This is my first QB run, so only those QB 132's are in there, no red supplements etc.

I was thinking about cutting on day 77, but wanted to see if anyone else has had these run longer that this. I'm a very patient person and can keep checking, but don't want to keep them too long. Thoughts? Comments?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Hey Guys, and Gals,

I've been away for quite some time - working hard at work and in the garden.

I've got a DOHOxWC (freebie, reg), a Grape Dog D (fem) and a BDAY Banger (fem) all in my 3x3 and all at as of today 4/2 - 74 days of flower (Day one of 12/12 was 1/19)!

I've been checking since day 65-68 or so, I have mostly clear/cloudy trichomes at this point (74 days) with only a few glimpses of ambers. I usually wait until I see 3-4 amber heads out of 10-15 or so. These have anywhere from a 56-70 day flower range on the GDG and BDAY - nothing announced for the DOHOxWC as it was just a chuck em and sell/give away the seeds. I do know those ranges like all ranges are just generalized time frames of when they should finish ripening.

I am under a custom HLG QB build QB132's (4) at roughly 275 watts draw (not measuring this) based on where I have the potentiometer on the driver set. 3x3x80 tent, 240cfm ehaust fan running at about 1/2 speed exhausts through filter system of course, and supplemental oscillating fan inside the tent. Not sure if any of this matters, but figured someone might ask for all that lol.

This is my first QB run, so only those QB 132's are in there, no red supplements etc.

I was thinking about cutting on day 77, but wanted to see if anyone else has had these run longer that this. I'm a very patient person and can keep checking, but don't want to keep them too long. Thoughts? Comments?
Nute regimen?

Nute regimen?
I do not use nor do I condone the use of liquid based nutrients.

I am a no-till only grower. I amend, re-amend and regullary top dress my soils.

All three of these have started in 1.5gal, amended with BAS (build a soil) craft blend, then moved to 3 gal, then to 5 gal - each time I translplant I amend the soils. Every two weeks during flower, I top dress with a mixture of the BAS craft blend + Dr. Verm's Worm Castings.

It has noting to due with nutrients, but thought I would oblige the question.

Since switching to no-till, I have had much better results with far less "how do I fix this shit, what did I do?!" scenarios. Plants are green all the way to the end of flower. I am losing some leaf coloration now but that's becuase most of the nitro is depleted (and at this stage it should be).

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I do not use nor do I condone the use of liquid based nutrients.

I am a no-till only grower. I amend, re-amend and regullary top dress my soils.

All three of these have started in 1.5gal, amended with BAS (build a soil) craft blend, then moved to 3 gal, then to 5 gal - each time I translplant I amend the soils. Every two weeks during flower, I top dress with a mixture of the BAS craft blend + Dr. Verm's Worm Castings.

It has noting to due with nutrients, but thought I would oblige the question.

Since switching to no-till, I have had much better results with far less "how do I fix this shit, what did I do?!" scenarios. Plants are green all the way to the end of flower. I am losing some leaf coloration now but that's becuase most of the nitro is depleted (and at this stage it should be).
Ok that's what I thought I had a similar issue last grow w one of my Chuck's . The issue was there wasn't any nutes left at the end to help mature . Hope this helps! And a hard fade is a sign

I would have to measure the height between the tops and the lights, but I would say around 9-12" currently - they're all the way at the top of the tent due to height on these plants.

SFrigon, I do have plenty of green guard leaves still, only some of the older and lower fans are yellowing. My guard leaves and sugar leaves are all still deep green for the most part and all are frosted like Tony the Tiger King's flakes right now.

With me top dressing, I think I have plenty of nutrients. I may top dress today, then water through that to give them a slight finish booster.

I'm thinking they're just taking they're time, I've seen a few new white-ish pistils today.

Buddha61

Really Active Member
FWIW, I am running a 4 pack of the QB132 in a 3x3 tent powered by a 240-1750b. I have had a couple harvests now, and have had foxtailing twice. For me, in my instance, it seems that I need to flower at ~16" or more, or possibly dim the light, to get them to finish properly.

They went 80 days folks and finished up nicely. I've been away doing the harvest thing - I do some wet and some dry trim and these three took all my attention for a couple of evenings.

I don't have any foxtailing, that can be strain dependant (some strains are prone to foxtailing and others are not - its temp really). OPIE - My temps range from 68-75F no more and no less than this range typically. My area is heated and cooled and has both a dehumidifier and a humidifier as needed.

My 4-pk of QB 132s was around 14-16" above the canopy, so don't think light was the issue. Now I am thinking that the issue was they just wanted more time. I'm estimating (need to get the meter) that I was running at or slightly over 280W for the majority of this run. I am on the 320W driver from HLG.