RDWC Severe Leaf Curl

Tarby

Hello I’ve been using my system and growing this strain (wedding cake) for 9 months no issues.

Back in May over night I woke up to severe leaf curl. I flushed and it seemed to get better.

lowered my PPM from 900 to 500. Things were going well for 2 weeks and they curled again.

this has been going on and off and I can’t figure it out. It will be great then overnight go to shit. Affects all plants at same time

I spray neem oil weekly
Checked for bugs with a jewelers loop

RDWC
Flush every Sunday
City tap 120ppm
Ppm 500-600
PH 5.8-6.5
Water temp 68F
Air temp 75F
Humidity 50%
8x12 grow area, each 4x4 has 4 buckets and a 1000w HPS light
Use Hydroguard
Use Jacks 321
Every 12 buckets have (2) 110L/min air pumps and 2 air stones per bucket just incase one fails
Roots look good to me

Attachments

Last edited:
Salute Tarby I am no RDWC guru by any stretch but is there any chance your neem oil spray has become too concentrated or gone bad in some kind of way? Have you tried taking one(or 2) of your plants off the RDWC nutes and run them in their own personal(private nutes) bucket and see if that fixes the leaf curl?

Tarby

Salute Tarby I am no RDWC guru by any stretch but is there any chance your neem oil spray has become too concentrated or gone bad in some kind of way? Have you tried taking one(or 2) of your plants off the RDWC nutes and run them in their own personal(private nutes) bucket and see if that fixes the leaf curl?
Thanks for the reply. I switched neem oil after this happened so I don’t believe it’s the neem. I’m also going to switch to something else this week instead of neem to double check.
All my 5 gallon totes are cemented in so it would be next to impossible to separate especially without another chiller.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Thanks for the reply. I will squeeze / take a look at the stems. Is there anything I can do to prevent something like this In the future if it’s the cause?
Check around the base of the stems where they meet the roots.

Tarby

My wedding cake did that from too much N it would get all clawed up had to stop using megacrop
Thanks it’s weird I’ve been using jacks 321 at upwards of 900ppm without issue and now it’s doing it at 400-500-600 ppm

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks it’s weird I’ve been using jacks 321 at upwards of 900ppm without issue and now it’s doing it at 400-500-600 ppm

It's not the jacks. You got some kind of disease or virus, if all your plants are doing this. my system did this and had to abandon rdwc. Now in coco, very similiar grow strength as the rdwc.

You can even keep your buckets just like you got and place your bags in the buckets. The runoff goes through the draining pipes and to the drain. Thought about eventually converting over all my grow rooms to this style