RDWC - PPM / PH

MediGrow

I have a small question about ph and ppm...

I have a system that was 420 ppm @ 5.8. Top off was at 396ppm. I did a flush on that day and brought the ppm down to 320 @ 5.8. The topoff was a 380. Next morning, ppm was at 320 @ 6.0 and topoff @ 376 ppm. I did refill with RO water, ppm was now at 290. The next morning, ppm in the system is still at 320ppm, ph was still 6.0 and the topoff was at 297. I refilled the topoff with RO water only. The topoff solution is now at 85. I find it really weird that the ppm and ph in the system is like fucking stable for 2 days in a row even if the topoff was varying in ppm concentration.

Any explanation would be nice! =)

Info: i'm at 6th week... Countdown is now started! yay! :love:

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I guess you are accidentally steering the right direction. What workes real good is having another res. And a float that keeps your main res the same level all the time. Keep your makeup res about 60-70% of what your main res is. An keep an eye on PPM and PH. I just went to food and drain and trying to figure how I'm going to do the same thing. May need a second timer and a soinoid valve and float.

MediGrow

I guess you are accidentally steering the right direction. What workes real good is having another res. And a float that keeps your main res the same level all the time. Keep your makeup res about 60-70% of what your main res is. An keep an eye on PPM and PH. I just went to food and drain and trying to figure how I'm going to do the same thing. May need a second timer and a soinoid valve and float.
Yeah but, seeing the ppm still the same when the topoff was way lower than main rez... Can it be a lockout? But lockout at those ppm, really weird.

I already have a float-valve to keep main rez at a specific level.. They drink 40 liters a day, I wouldn't keep up watering! eheh

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
If you are auto top off and your res stayed the same with lower(ing) top off PPM they are not taking it. You are lowering your top off PPM Dailey and the PPM is staying the same. That is not stable your plants are slowing for some reason. End of flower? Or maybe root issues?

MediGrow

6th week of flowering, ~2 weeks to go...
Water temp is 66 (chiller) and I add uc roots in the topoff and when I change my water (weekly). 4ml/gal on weekly change and 2ml/gal when refilling topoff.

Really hard to have a look at the root but everything seems white and good. I will take a look and report back.

They had this behavior for few days now, lower ppm in the topoff than in main rez and ppm is really slow to lower... But plants look healthy, maybe some calmag def but that's it.

MediGrow

I just took a look and roots are perfectly white. No weird smell either.

I refilled this morning the topoff, 90ppm, current ppm is 310, I will see in few hours how it goes

MediGrow

one system went from 310 to 290, ph still 6.0 ... not sure why no move but again, only 20 ppm less, shouldn't affect the ph that much.

the other system went from 310 to 290 and ph from 5.9/6 to 5.7... I'm not sure about the correlation.

Last edited:

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I have a small question about ph and ppm...

I have a system that was 420 ppm @ 5.8. Top off was at 396ppm. I did a flush on that day and brought the ppm down to 320 @ 5.8. The topoff was a 380. Next morning, ppm was at 320 @ 6.0 and topoff @ 376 ppm. I did refill with RO water, ppm was now at 290. The next morning, ppm in the system is still at 320ppm, ph was still 6.0 and the topoff was at 297. I refilled the topoff with RO water only. The topoff solution is now at 85. I find it really weird that the ppm and ph in the system is like fucking stable for 2 days in a row even if the topoff was varying in ppm concentration.

Any explanation would be nice! =)

Info: i'm at 6th week... Countdown is now started! yay! :love:
Those numbers are in line. The top off only dinks a gallon or so a day so wont really steer the system into a big direction unless your ppm was 100 off from one to the other. I take it your using the same system from my videos so I think your good to go with those numbers

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Those numbers are in line. The top off only dinks a gallon or so a day so wont really steer the system into a big direction unless your ppm was 100 off from one to the other. I take it your using the same system from my videos so I think your good to go with those numbers
He said he goes threw 40L/d.

MediGrow

How many total gallons
Same setup as your tutorial... So around 50-52 gallons including pipes. The water usage is 40L (10gal) for each system by day :p (it is crazy)

That's why I'm curious when the system is at 320ppm, and even after 25liters from the topoff at 100ppm, still at 320...

I flushed my system 2 days ago... Kinda confused. The drinking has been this way for well... since week ~3 I think.

Last edited:

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Why did you flush and are lowering PPM?
Maybe the girls are just done? How many week strain? You said at week 6.

MediGrow

yes, week 6.5 weeks now.. A 8 weeks strain. I'm in the lowering my nuts phase (I'm getting old ahahah)

Last edited:

MediGrow

Update: this morning, after 40L from topoff...
Sys 1: 250 6.0 from 320ppm same ph.
Sys 2: 260 5.7 from 320ppm same ph.

They eated more at night than during the day, do you see similar stuff in your system @Heisenbubble ?

I refilled my topoffs at 376ppm for sys1 and 355 for sys2.

I'll update later :)

Last edited:

MediGrow

Update:

Sys 1: 260 ph 5.3 topoff was at 430ppm, they consumed 42 L from the topoff.
Sys 2: 240 ph 5.5 topoff was at 400ppm, they consumed 40 L from the topoff.

I just refilled the topoff and adjust ppm to 520 ppm/ph 6.4 for sys1's topoff and 570ppm/ph 6.4 for sys2's topoff, it should bring the ph to around 5.8/9 after the daily 40L (10gals) each... I did not added ph+ for few topoff refill so it didn't help keeping a ph of 5.8/6.

Do you guys remove leaves on day41? (end of week 6)

MediGrow

Sys 1 now at 280-290 ppm but ph still the same
Sys 2: now at 290 ppm and ph still the same

I'm not sure to understand the relationship... more ppm using a higher ph and ph is not moving up.

Any idea?