Random diy bits and pieces. Chuck it all up

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
That's actually a bloody good idea fellas. worth a crack for sure. It's got to be a viable excuse.. well after I get the noise from the fans sorted lol.. boxes that sound like small jets might be difficult to explain 🤣
That said, the old "fuck off" is a proven viable option..

Haha sorry mate, guess I talk funny with my slang.. get used to it. Now I'm going walkabout out beyond the black stump to look for some grub and a drink. I'm dry as a dead dingoes donger 🤣😂
Old uncy Rom will have no idea what I'm saying, but he'll be comfy lol

Consider it whatever is best.. we can get admin to change the title if it goes that way..
Just a good thread for all diy, hacks and all that type of good stuff
Cool man we're definitely on the same wavelength with the diy hacky type stuff, love it. I love slang too haha. Do you have an accent like this guy?

I'm told by other Aussies that he has an (insert terminology here) accent, can't remember what it was. Kinda like how some British people have British accents and some have Cockney accents.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
That's actually a bloody good idea fellas. worth a crack for sure. It's got to be a viable excuse.. well after I get the noise from the fans sorted lol.. boxes that sound like small jets might be difficult to explain 🤣
That said, the old "fuck off" is a proven viable option..

Haha sorry mate, guess I talk funny with my slang.. get used to it. Now I'm going walkabout out beyond the black stump to look for some grub and a drink. I'm dry as a dead dingoes donger 🤣😂
Old uncy Rom will have no idea what I'm saying, but he'll be comfy lol

Consider it whatever is best.. we can get admin to change the title if it goes that way..
Just a good thread for all diy, hacks and all that type of good stuff
Man that sounds like a good vacation! I’ll ask the mrs. lol
But only if you take me to snag some wichety grubs and wrestle a croc.
Also we gotta wrangle up some avos and throw some roo meat on the ol barbie. Strap on our budgie smugglers and I recon we could be a couple shark biscuits. I’ll try not to be a bloody bludger. Fuck me dead it would be a proper piss up mate!
Crikey your a true cobber ♥

Best way to keep a fan quiet is to oversize it and slow it down. I run an ac infinity in my tent...set on the second lowest setting. I run a foothills fan/filter combo in my veg cab with a pwm speed controller added on to it. The ac infinity is paired with a foothills filter also. Great filters for the price and they are refillable also.

yendor

Greetings from across the ditch .
I have used heavy duty sound barrier damping material ,covering the entire outside surface of the fan . Contact adhesive to stick it all together . the fans OD is 330mm so i got some 350mm insolated ducting and inserted the fan inside the ducting . the big size ducting stops all that back pressure ,the fan works easier = less noise . Hung it all to the ceiling with four large cup hooks ,suspended with bungee rope .. Stopped all the vibration of those shitty cheap fans ... Used bungee cargo trailer net , stapled to the ceiling to suspend the ducting. I originally had the fans mounted in wooden boxes filled with yoga mats but the drone and vibration was to much . the difference is amazing , always good when you spend less and receive more .

Attachments

Texagonian

Outlaw
You want a real good "Willow tree" branch for a fishin' pole. Plenty of flex. I know, we had a Willow Tree in the front yard. They make dandy switches. Like a bull whip and cracks like thunder when mom got us in her reach. LMAO!
Fuck! Childhood memories or is it trama’s Thats exactly how it went except mom was making us pick our own. Was one of the happiest days of my life when that damn tree died😂🤦🏼‍♂️

Texagonian

Outlaw
You'd think you were far enough away in the "safe" zone and I'd swear that switch grew another 3 ft as she swung it. lmao! Good Times!
If the switches weren’t bad enough, mom had a knack for throwing wooden spoons. Your ass could be running and making it around the corner and BAM! She’d get us and be laughing her ass off the whole time we were wallowing. The good old days! Good times for sure😂

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
That's strange, but I understood every word you said. You ever heard of Jerry Springer Show? They would like you. Lmao!
If you don't know the show, I'm just pokin' at ya accent slang. lol
Haha yeah mate of course, everyone knows that old bastard and his freak show 🤣
All good, take the piss outta the way I talk, everyone else does lol

Cool man we're definitely on the same wavelength with the diy hacky type stuff, love it. I love slang too haha. Do you have an accent like this guy?
View attachment 11240

I'm told by other Aussies that he has an (insert terminology here) accent, can't remember what it was. Kinda like how some British people have British accents and some have Cockney accents.
Yeah the more diy and MacGyver the better.. give me a cable the, some foil and chewy and I'll make a combustion engine 😂
Haha nope I don't think I sound like Steve, he tried hard to sound extra ocka, tourists loved it

Man that sounds like a good vacation! I’ll ask the mrs. lol
But only if you take me to snag some wichety grubs and wrestle a croc.
Also we gotta wrangle up some avos and throw some roo meat on the ol barbie. Strap on our budgie smugglers and I recon we could be a couple shark biscuits. I’ll try not to be a bloody bludger. Fuck me dead it would be a proper piss up mate!
Crikey your a true cobber ♥
Ah mate.. You have to get some Aussie culture.. and oi just don't ask the missus. Book the tickets and then its too late, I'll meet ya at the pub 🤣 let the piss up begin 🍻 ya seem like a good cunt Rom Rom.
Oh and by the way, we don't say biscuit.. takes too long, say bikkie instead.
Gimme a month and I'll have ya all talking like convicts 😂

Best way to keep a fan quiet is to oversize it and slow it down. I run an ac infinity in my tent...set on the second lowest setting. I run a foothills fan/filter combo in my veg cab with a pwm speed controller added on to it. The ac infinity is paired with a foothills filter also. Great filters for the price and they are refillable also.
Cheers mate yeah I did oversize the fans, I think, I recall figuring 6 inch fans would be enough. Then deciding fuck it bigger is better, right. So I have the 8 inch bastards of a speed controller, still noisy as shit. Note to self, don't buy cheap..

Has anyone built their own mufflers or anything for the fans? Seem some for sale but they seem crazy priced.

Greetings from across the ditch .
I have used heavy duty sound barrier damping material ,covering the entire outside surface of the fan . Contact adhesive to stick it all together . the fans OD is 330mm so i got some 350mm insolated ducting and inserted the fan inside the ducting . the big size ducting stops all that back pressure ,the fan works easier = less noise . Hung it all to the ceiling with four large cup hooks ,suspended with bungee rope .. Stopped all the vibration of those shitty cheap fans ... Used bungee cargo trailer net , stapled to the ceiling to suspend the ducting. I originally had the fans mounted in wooden boxes filled with yoga mats but the drone and vibration was to much . the difference is amazing , always good when you spend less and receive more .
G'day fella, cheers for the advice. I'll have to give it a crack, I'm sure I'm pissing the neighbors off with the two fans running 24/7.. sounds like a fucken apache helicopter readying for takeoff in my shed lol

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Fuck! Childhood memories or is it trama’s Thats exactly how it went except mom was making us pick our own. Was one of the happiest days of my life when that damn tree died😂🤦🏼‍♂️
Haha across the world and I suffered the same fate as a young bloke, my old man could whip those branches they actually cut ya.. Called it character building 🤣

You'd think you were far enough away in the "safe" zone and I'd swear that switch grew another 3 ft as she swung it. lmao! Good Times!
haha that damn stretch

If the switches weren’t bad enough, mom had a knack for throwing wooden spoons. Your ass could be running and making it around the corner and BAM! She’d get us and be laughing her ass off the whole time we were wallowing. The good old days! Good times for sure😂
Oh quality times lol. My old man just said "ya gotta sleep some time" bastard would get ya in the middle of the night. Leather belt or the trusty old jug cord 😂

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Oh quality times lol. My old man just said "ya gotta sleep some time" bastard would get ya in the middle of the night. Leather belt or the trusty old jug cord 😂
Dude my vocabulary sucks. Had to look it up again.
I was like why would anyone need a cord for a jug??
Then quickly realized it meant just the electrical cord itself. Lol
Hey! That's kind of an upcycling hack in itself lol

Texagonian

Outlaw
Haha across the world and I suffered the same fate as a young bloke, my old man could whip those branches they actually cut ya.. Called it character building 🤣

haha that damn stretch

Yes, there was no “safe” distance or time. If you messed up and earned a switch or a smack you were best to just get it over with is what I learned. If you ran or pulled some smart stuff it made it that much worse when they got you and they always did. 🤕

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Haha yeah mate of course, everyone knows that old bastard and his freak show 🤣
All good, take the piss outta the way I talk, everyone else does lol

Yeah the more diy and MacGyver the better.. give me a cable the, some foil and chewy and I'll make a combustion engine 😂
Haha nope I don't think I sound like Steve, he tried hard to sound extra ocka, tourists loved it

Ah mate.. You have to get some Aussie culture.. and oi just don't ask the missus. Book the tickets and then its too late, I'll meet ya at the pub 🤣 let the piss up begin 🍻 ya seem like a good cunt Rom Rom.
Oh and by the way, we don't say biscuit.. takes too long, say bikkie instead.
Gimme a month and I'll have ya all talking like convicts 😂

Cheers mate yeah I did oversize the fans, I think, I recall figuring 6 inch fans would be enough. Then deciding fuck it bigger is better, right. So I have the 8 inch bastards of a speed controller, still noisy as shit. Note to self, don't buy cheap..

Has anyone built their own mufflers or anything for the fans? Seem some for sale but they seem crazy priced.

G'day fella, cheers for the advice. I'll have to give it a crack, I'm sure I'm pissing the neighbors off with the two fans running 24/7.. sounds like a fucken apache helicopter readying for takeoff in my shed lol
My family name is French. At some point we were of the religion that was “so last season”. Half of us ditched to the new world.. half of us ended up down under. (Didn’t get while the gettin was good lol) I have family down under. The religion issue followed us over from the old world until we were forced to live up north with the moose.. I’m thinkin the convict side of the family got the better deal in the long run 😆.
Also my ma and pa used to beat my ass also with various switches, belts and wooden utensils also and look how I turned out 👍... wait 🧐

Texagonian

Outlaw
My family name is French. At some point we were of the religion that was “so last season”. Half of us ditched to the new world.. half of us ended up down under. (Didn’t get while the gettin was good lol) I have family down under. The religion issue followed us over from the old world until we were forced to live up north with the moose.. I’m thinkin the convict side of the family got the better deal in the long run 😆.
Also my ma and pa used to beat my ass also with various switches, belts and wooden utensils also and look how I turned out 👍... wait 🧐
My nana was from Australia bless her soul. Still have some family there and New Zealand. I’ve thought about trying to get dual citizenship and catch a ship. Still sounds appealing at times but haven’t worked the courage to go for it. Some day I may take a trip and see what it’s about. I just hate being the tourist. I can damn sure pull up a stool and drink a cold beer with the rest of the fellas. After that it’s game on for whatever comes next!

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Yes, there was no “safe” distance or time. If you messed up and earned a switch or a smack you were best to just get it over with is what I learned. If you ran or pulled some smart stuff it made it that much worse when they got you and they always did. 🤕
Yep, that was called teaching a kid to stay in line.. half the problem with today I reckon..
Now it's sit down and let's talk about ya feelings..

Ah mate you gotta come visit, lots of cool stuff to see.. that said I'd chop of my left nut to visit up there.. maybe one day

My nana was from Australia bless her soul. Still have some family there and New Zealand. I’ve thought about trying to get dual citizenship and catch a ship. Still sounds appealing at times but haven’t worked the courage to go for it. Some day I may take a trip and see what it’s about. I just hate being the tourist. I can damn sure pull up a stool and drink a cold beer with the rest of the fellas. After that it’s game on for whatever comes next!
Do it mate, I've friends in NZ if you go there and im happy to smash a few beers with you, tourist or not🤣

Texagonian

Outlaw
Yep, that was called teaching a kid to stay in line.. half the problem with today I reckon..
Now it's sit down and let's talk about ya feelings..

Ah mate you gotta come visit, lots of cool stuff to see.. that said I'd chop of my left nut to visit up there.. maybe one day

Do it mate, I've friends in NZ if you go there and im happy to smash a few beers with you, tourist or not🤣
I just might do that. I probably won’t want to go home! I think I’d have folks all fucker’d up as soon as I talked. I grew up in Texas and still have a pretty thick southern draw. It doesn’t go away😂

Texagonian

Outlaw
Haha, I got a bro from Texas and I got this for his truck. Put it on all sneaky like too. Lmfao.
View attachment 11502
Just play in bro. Lmfao even more.
I love it, shit don’t bother me man. I can laugh at funny shit all day long! I’ve been goin around here liking people’s comments on some of the threads and I’m over here damn near pissing myself on some of the shit being said. People around me think I’m this big ass crazy fucker laughing outta nowhere. Makes me laugh even harder. Good stuff, good people on here for sure! I cruised a couple spots before I landed here but never said anything. Just feeling things out and it always seemed like there was someone looking to argue or talk shit or whatever. I’m here for good times, learn as much as I can because there’s always something new to learn and kick it so to speak with like minded folks. Glad to be here, glad y’all are here👊🏻 🤘🏻 🖖🏻