Poppies

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I had no idea that a regular poppy that you get poppy seeds from is the opium poppy. Isnt that crazy

And the sale and use of the seeds in Canada is not illegal. It gets tricky if you plant an acre or something but that blew my mind.

I was sure they were two different species like rudderalis and cannabis smokeablillius

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I had no idea that a regular poppy that you get poppy seeds from is the opium poppy. Isnt that crazy

And the sale and use of the seeds in Canada is not illegal. It gets tricky if you plant an acre or something but that blew my mind.

I was sure they were two different species like rudderalis and cannabis smokeablillius
It is a strange thing that u can fail drug tests because of a bagel lol

D

Deleted member 60

Somniferum are the opiated poppies. Those are the one to look for if you want pods/nods.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I had a perennial poppy for a long time. I was floored one year when it didn't come up. I have some california poppy that was run from seed and that kinda kept popping up wherever by being reseeded. But that's fizzlng/fizzled.

This thread got me thinking about that guy that grew an acre in the carolinas......brought me to this article which has some interesting facts,

I want a poppy plant, wonder if those in the spice jar will pop. :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had a perennial poppy for a long time. I was floored one year when it didn't come up. I have some california poppy that was run from seed and that kinda kept popping up wherever by being reseeded. But that's fizzlng/fizzled.

This thread got me thinking about that guy that grew an acre in the carolinas......brought me to this article which has some interesting facts,

I want a poppy plant, wonder if those in the spice jar will pop. :)

I saw a show on it, and they actually slice the base of each flower to get the milk, then that is processed. Very labor intensive.

D

Deleted member 60

Thus...many folks who play use the entire dried pod for tea/etc.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
And I’m living proof weed has no long term negative affects . Now off to a legalise weed rally soon as I can remember where I left my car keys .......and my car for that matter .

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member

Once upon a time....there’s a store that actually sells poppy pods online. They’re out of stock most of the year but when the season comes in you can have them delivered to you for a good price.

They are super potent There’s like 5 different drugs inside that will affect you. Pods are super addictive. We used to get black garbage bags full of them. Take out the seeds and then run the pods thru a blender. Then add water and place on the stove. wha lah. Opium tea.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
And I’m living proof weed has no long term negative affects . Now off to a legalise weed rally soon as I can remember where I left my car keys .......and my car for that matter .
I can’t remember having any negative side effects either! ;)

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
I'm actually healthier. The miles I walk daily looking for shit I misplaced - or trying to remember what I was doing really pays off!
Mate the benefits are yet to be fully appreciated. I usually watch movies twice and hold no grudges. Beefs .... what Beefs ?