Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I am 99% ready to go. Just want to get some seed starter soil for the nursery pots. Just spent about 3 hours cleaning the tents, getting the soil mixed and in the pots, and getting the blumats set up. I went with rice husks for mulch this time to try to keep the humidity a little lower than usual in there.

IMG_4997.jpeg
IMG_4999.jpeg

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I am 99% ready to go. Just want to get some seed starter soil for the nursery pots. Just spent about 3 hours cleaning the tents, getting the soil mixed and in the pots, and getting the blumats set up. I went with rice husks for mulch this time to try to keep the humidity a little lower than usual in there.

View attachment 131869
View attachment 131870
rice hulls help a lot ,as ground cover

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN

View attachment 131869
View attachment 131870
I picked up a bail of straw yesterday for cover.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
slippery when wet!
Problem might have been, when the lights were off, condensation formed, or oxidation maybe broke the bond between the led base and heatsink. I remember someone talked about it in here or RIU before this forum was created.
It will eventually be a valuable product, if it can improve efficiency and extend the led's life.
For example, air cooled vs water cooled motorcycle engines.
As far as lights, it's "2 strokes" vs 4 strokes. CC for CC, 2 strokes are the "dominate species.".
I'll take a bunch of Vero 29's or 3590's over the strip light(cheapest by far to produce).
All for a little savings on your electric bill, maybe.
Environments change in the grow room, even with different led systems.
It's fascinating!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Problem might have been, when the lights were off, condensation formed, or oxidation maybe broke the bond between the led base and heatsink. I remember someone talked about it in here or RIU before this forum was created.
It will eventually be a valuable product, if it can improve efficiency and extend the led's life.
As far as lights, it's "2 strokes" vs 4 strokes. CC for CC, 2 strokes are the "dominate species.".
I'll take a bunch of Vero 29's or 3590's over the strip light(cheapest by far to produce).
It's fascinating!
i know i have faced things nobody said anything about ,even the new spyder drops you on your butt, at about 660 ,right at the edge of what is needed in the red spectrum.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Chunk came from the ice cream cake big fat ass chunky nugs, the dunk was cause it's crossed to oreoz which alot of people dunk in milk. That's why I named it.
I put a little thought in it, and figured out the dunk part with Oreoz. The chunk part I figured was because it rhymes. I know it has to be tough to find new names, but in the classic weed-nomenclature sense, it ain't Chemdog or Sour Diesel. But it has a ring like Purple Urkle so there's that.

Since I'm the only one growing it I'll keep an eye (and nose) out for a new name possibility,

D

Deleted member 60

I used a king size waterbed frame/mattress (and heater) back in the day for the same purpose. The mattress was just less than 1/2 full. It worked so well I then used those big contractor bags doubled up and made a spot for the clones. Talk about love it.

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
It's fascinating!
The use of liquid cooling comes straight from PC processor technologies, it's a sealed system that's pretty reliable nowadays. If it can cool an overclocked chip an led light is nothing by comparison.

Last edited: