Photone phone app vs a couple different par meters

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I wonder if the app is a consistent percentage off? What would the app read when the real meters are reading 500 and 1000 PPFD?

bk-og

Moose cocks, or bust
Thanks for checking those scenarios man. I appreciate it.

I use the Photone app, so this is good info.

Have you tried calibrating the app?
Nah. Considering people who buy this app don’t have a means to calibrate it , it kind of defeats the purpose of buying the app doesn’t it?

I have no use for the app, I had a good friend who wanted to see if the numbers were anywhere near close, so I did what I did.

Salute bk-og, if your friend is looking for a cheap alternative(like a lot of us do when it comes to par meters) Shane over at migro is working with
PPFD Meter - Grow Light Meter https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homestudio.ppfdmeter&hl=en_IE&gl=US that turns a
$40 Uni -T UT383BT Lux meter into a very affordable version of Apogee SQ500. If he doesn't want to go through the trouble of loading up then synching the phone app you can just multiply the lux reading off of Uni - T by .017.
Lux to Par.JPG

Cheers, Z.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
You supposed to use the front light sensor on the phone maybe?
It uses the front facing camera and they recommend using 80g/m2 or 22 lb standard white multi-purpose printer paper as the diffuser. They also say that if you have a screen protector on then it can throw the reading off and suggest calibrating the app if you have one on the phone.

J232

Grow trees or go home
Nice work, thanks for that, knew there was a reason I tried a few times and left it. Really useless if you have nothing to compare it to as well.

Mind buying the HID spectrum add on??? Haha j/k