Octopots???

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Anyone have any info on these things, saw a video on em on youtube and was wondering if anyone had any experience with em or thoughts on em

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I think they are nifty

View attachment 35824
Proven conceptView attachment 35826

Same tech
View attachment 35833
Actually, the prior is better.
I can be heavy handed.
Those water level indicators should not be exposed.
I would be snapping those little pricks ,(down there⤵ ), left and right.
View attachment 35832
I made my own octopots but had no clue at the time there was such a set up out there. They worked very well and for first hydro I've done it was easy as hell. No problems the whole run.
I had 2 different styles but both served same purpose. One was 3 gallon fabric pot sitting inside a black Rubbermaid tote with lid. The fabric pot was elevated off bottom of tote bout 2 inches. Tote was filled up with airstones and ran like a bubble dwc. In the fabric pot was 60% large perlite and 40% prime compost I made. Used botanicare pure blend pro veg and botanicare pure blend tea. Fed at half strength every day. Watered top pot til the bottom tote filled up daily. Set ph around 5.0-5.3 at beginning of week and end of week it would rise to mid 6's. Then repeat.
The other setup was a 5 gallon hard plastic pot and bottom had drilled holes all in bottom . same mixture in top pot. Had pot sitting on top of another 5 gallon bucket like a dwc bubbling away. Same ph system as other.
Both the tote and bottom bucket I put a 90 degree elbow with 3/8 rubber line. Them rubber lines was ran to a 20 gallon gravity Fed resivor I kept bout 68 degrees. I used aact and sst teas, aloe gel, coconut water, and other organic additives with that botanicare fert which can be ran in hydro and soil. I vegged for 6 weeks and only changed resivor once I flipped to flower and 10 days b4 finish I used ph'd ice water. Also cut light to 10 on and 14 off.
I went into this experiment never doing a hydro run in my 25 yrs of growing and wanted to have the taste and terps of organic with the explosive growth of hydro. I had no clue there was a octopot system all ready out there. The key was having lots of bubbles in bottom tanks. No sight gauges for level of nutes just lifted lid daily to scope it out. I all ways will have a couple of organic soil plants but from now on I wil run my DIY octopots after seeing how easy it was. Another key is to have a airy medium in top pot for good drainage. I called my pot at the time the organic hempys or hydro soil pots. Here's the plants I grew. Had 4 in 5x5