Noob on my first grow

Spund

Hey all. I’m a first time grower with basic gardening experience. I ran one plant for my first grow but now that I got my feet wet I am gearing up to start a more ambitious round in a second tent. I have an Emerald Jack Fem in day 11 of flower. 8327DBAB-D819-44F2-A533-7AF145D40626.jpeg96B7398F-CA7E-4F1D-BB6B-09E3749E8D2E.jpeg

I chose this strain because I mostly like smoking Sativa, with Galactic Jack being my favorite, and this seemed like the plant with the closest effects I could find seeds for.

I made one major mistake on this first grow and that was using Miracle- Gro with time release nutes so if anybody has any tips for dealing with that as flower progresses I’d love to hear them. Also recommendations for strains with that energetic, cerebral buzz.

Gonna head back to digging through the forums, looks like a wealth of knowledge on here.

Bruno8437

Super Active Member
Welcome @Spund to Paradise.

I wouldn't say that MG is a major mistake but there are plenty of better alternatives especially as you get to flowering. Jack's and Megacrop are both popular alternatives.

GCG

Dinosaur
You're in rhe right place for any advice you may need. Plant looks great, good work.
Welcome to paradise.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Welcome man

the mg wont help you any, but many plants have been run to the end in that soil.
The only advice i can give to deal with the MG soil is uppot it if its only 11 days in flower it wont hurt
look for lemon haze and crosses for that cerebral buzz

Spund

Welcome man

the mg wont help you any, but many plants have been run to the end in that soil.
The only advice i can give to deal with the MG soil is uppot it if its only 11 days in flower it wont hurt
look for lemon haze and crosses for that cerebral buzz
Thanks. The main issues I’ve run into with it is every time I tried to give it a veg nutrient blend I would see leaf curl and burn, so I stopped feeding after a few rounds of that and I figured out what was causing it. Also read a lot on the web about how it will affect the final product because I probably won’t be able to flush the medium.

Not sure I’m comfortable uppotting at this point. I don’t have a ton of transplant experience and don’t want to risk it with all the time I’ve already put into this girl.