New Friend From NorCal

NoleKsum

Hi everyone!
Glad I found this community. I really enjoy what Ive been reading.
I recently just moved to the Peninsula (Silicon Valley area) in NorCal. I was growing down in SoCal. Other than the obvious latitudinal difference I intentionally moved in the most similar growing zone to what I had down south. I've been farming my whole life. I've tried everything from indoor hydro (yes, I was once a victim of flashy marketing - I admit it) to outdoor no till, KNF, organic, and whatever else has trended through the years. I only grow organically outdoors now with landrace and heirloom varieties. If anyones in the area you can usually catch me down on the coast over at half moon bay collecting kelp for my gardens.

NoleKsum

Hey thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to reading through the boards and putting up some grow journals. It'll probably be stuff you all already know but I'm big on full transparency and sharing, so maybe you'll find something worth reading every now and again. As soon as these travel bans are lifted I'll be doing a lot of source hunting around the world. So I'll definitely keep you all updated as I travel and collect fun genetics.

NoleKsum

Yeah man im a big fan of ACE seeds. They're super awesome people and if you're cool with them they really treat you right. The Real Seed Company has some fun stuff too. For more modern crosses I'm fond of Snow High Seeds. But my real passion is meeting old growers who got old school goodies they've just been growing forever.
Haha oh man, strain hunters! That was a cool little project they did. Kinda sucks though that they gave away so much of their hybridized genetics to these locations. Makes it a bit of a chore to find ones that haven't been cross pollinated by hybrids. But it was a kind gesture so you can't take that away from them.

Yeah man im a big fan of ACE seeds. They're super awesome people and if you're cool with them they really treat you right. The Real Seed Company has some fun stuff too. For more modern crosses I'm fond of Snow High Seeds. But my real passion is meeting old growers who got old school goodies they've just been growing forever.
Haha oh man, strain hunters! That was a cool little project they did. Kinda sucks though that they gave away so much of their hybridized genetics to these locations. Makes it a bit of a chore to find ones that haven't been cross pollinated by hybrids. But it was a kind gesture so you can't take that away from them.
Yea I am waiting on a few things from Ace now. Quite excited about the Malawi they have.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
So true!

NoleKsum

Oh you're gonna love their Malawi! It's probably my favorite thing they carry. It's also the origin of my Malawi line. If you can ever find one of the breeder packs in stock pick it up. It's a lil pricey but so worth the investment if you want to start your own project. That pack alone could keep you busy for decades. Which I highly encourage everyone to do. Find what you like, chuck some pollen, and grow your own paradise. A pollen Chuckers Paradise if you will. :unsure: