New Climate Question

Skeet Kuhn Dough

5th-level Mage
Folks, I've moved up north (to a legal state!). My question:

Is 65°F too cold to germinate without a heat mat? I never used one back home but I'm way up north now.

I haven't been here long but I haven't gotten the gas on or bought a space heater yet. Germ temp advice is welcome.

PS: germinating in rockwool cubes.

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
Used to over think germinating seeds. In my yard yesterday and a bunch of seeds have sprouted dropped from where some plants were. Almost no light its mid October and cold. The batch I started for my last indoor run of the year I started them all in pots outdoors only two seeds didn't sprout and all were popping out of the soil in 3 days. No more messing with paper towels and soaking unless they are older seeds.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If they don't die, they grow. It's a question of vigor.

If you are growing indoors and you live in that environment (low to mid 70's) it is probably fine for starting beans. They can get a lot warmer than that and still germ.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
These beans are a few years old and not stored in ideal conditions. Dont think they're gonna sprout but I've got 12 Fem WW on the way right now.
I wouldn't put all my eggs in the same basket if there that questionable bro, try 4 I am fond of paper towel method if there are of unknown quantity I'd sand them a little, float overnight then wrap in paper towels if no luck I then break out the magic potions