Mythbusters Weed Eddition - Dark Period before Harvest

Does a dark period before harvest help potency and terps?

• Total voters

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
elaborate on what you mean by "ripen". Were growing flowers not peaches.
If I was gonna chop today because there were 5% amber and lots of cloudy trichs, maybe I'm in a hurry or an impatient newb, whatever.

If I choose to stick it in the dark for two more days that amber % might jump to 6-7% ;) Riper.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Come on! It's the moon that decides when it's time.
You plant on the "inhale" and harvest on the "exhale" of the earth.
Yes, the earth breaths in and out. lol
I think it's called tides - but same thing. There's lots of rabbit holes to go down while growing this plant.

VPD. I haven't seen much talk about barometric pressure, elevation above sea level, or other factors that will play into the environment of your tent. If they are factored in then I apologize - but I know damn well that a tent in the mountains, the desert, or the beach are going to have different requirements to achieve the same VPD. Even if you are in a climate controlled house kept at 72F.

m4s73r

The Laziest
If I was gonna chop today because there were 5% amber and lots of cloudy trichs, maybe I'm in a hurry or an impatient newb, whatever.

If I choose to stick it in the dark for two more days that amber % might jump to 6-7% ;) Riper.
I was talking about terpenes, not thc degregation. You realize that when the plant is in darkness its not "making" anything. That 2% extra amber is just your THC degrading. Not a bad thing necessarily but if you leave your plant in darkness for 48 hours your gassing off a lot of terps with out your plant replacing them. Everything the plant does, grow, make resin, multiply cylaxes is all done with the lights on. You chop right before lights on so you dont get all the starches the plant needs for photosynthesis, making for much smother smoke.

The term “ripening” is used a lot in books by Ed Rosenthal, and others, to describe the trichomes changes.
Oh ok. My bad.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I think it's called tides - but same thing. There's lots of rabbit holes to go down while growing this plant.

VPD. I haven't seen much talk about barometric pressure, elevation above sea level, or other factors that will play into the environment of your tent. If they are factored in then I apologize - but I know damn well that a tent in the mountains, the desert, or the beach are going to have different requirements to achieve the same VPD. Even if you are in a climate controlled house kept at 72F.
Excellent points. There is so much to learn from every angle. The moon does have an effect on plants, it pulls and pushes on the plant. Just like the full moon has an affect on child birth. Mothers have a much easier time during "full moon" phases. Has to do with water molecules reacting to what causes the "tides". Throw in Astrology, the deeper down "granny's hole" we go.
l love this shit! lol